The "Where have the years gone" thread

Everything else in here
This topic is 4 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

The "Where have the years gone" thread

Postby amak11 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:33 pm

What's your biggest life accomplishments so far? Prospects going forward? :blush:

Well, first off. Howdy. It's 2017 and i'm posting on FoF.net. Secondly, hey it's dat boi.

Thirdly, I guess I'm a year off my tenure here in the forums. So in that time, I've graduated college, twice. Passed 1 of the 4 different exams I have taken for Microsoft certs (contoso darn you), Got my CompTIA A+ certification as well as my Project+ certification. Now I manage the social media for NintendoFuse and do reviews and articles and such.

Going forward, I'm going in to IT so that'll be fun.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Re: The "Where have the years gone" thread

Postby MetalMuxxer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 pm

I want to shoot myself in the head every day when I wake up, then in the middle of the day I say "Well, it's not that bad, I can take it", then when I go to sleep I'm kind of happy with my life, then everything repeats, except in weekends, damn, I love weekends.

Wait, what was this thread about?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:54 pm

reminiscing? That's the main point really lol
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:16 am

Recently finished up an engineering degree so that was pretty nice and I'm actually kind of proud of that. Also going through some other life changes soon possibly. Beyond that I still haven't started a career yet and still don't have much of a life. I'll see how that goes.

I'm also still charting songs and enjoying it as much as I did 8 years ago. Grateful that these communities are still here.
Last edited by Kueller917 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 pm

The years have flown by... Ive gone past my 10 year membership anniversary, in fact TODAY is my 11 year membership anniversary.. I joined Aug 29th 2006.

Most of my time hasnt really changed much.. I got all my exams and school and such out of the way over 20 years ago.. For me it's mainly been work..

A couple of years ago i started doing freelance digital artwork.. Mostly 3d models for different people. I did have an image printed in a magazine for a toy shop though. I had done a cg render and posted it online. the magazine then contacted me and asked if they could use the image in their magazine (for a sum of monies) So i said yes :D
And a different one of my images has been printed onto a canvas and hangs on somebodies dining room wall.
Most of my freelance stuff is for a game.. well an application for a game.. Its a program that makes creating race tracks for various games a lot easier than building it all from scratch in a regular 3d modeling program.. My part is creating all the content for the program (such as buildings, trees, roads, fences, that sort of thing) so other users can then make use of them in their track creations..

And my most recent thing is. I managed (somehow) to save up and get a new Elec drumkit.. I have been using an Alesis DM5 pro for a few years now (and when i bought it, it was second hand)
Now i have got the Alesis Strike Pro. Alesis' brand new top of the line premium drum kit.. Does everything and more that a premium roland or yamaha kit can do, but instead of costing $5,000 - $8,000 it costs (approx) $2,700 (niiiice)
As this kit has 2 sets of outputs.. Main L/R and 8 (yes EIGHT) separate channel outputs for Kick, Snare, Hihat, Ride, Toms R, Toms L, Cymbals R, Cymbals L, i decided "ahh what the hell" and i went and bought myself a Tascam 16x8 USB audio interface... (approx $325) i ordered it on friday night (after the store closed) and got it shipped to my place by sunday afternoon..
Basically what it is, is like having a soundcard with 16 mic sockets on it.. 8 XLR sockets and 8 1/4" balanced jack sockets... So i connect all 8 drum outputs to the interface and plug in the usb cable. Now i can record 8 separate drum channels all at the same time (I can make drum master tracks) The drum brain can obviously also export midi, which i can also pass through the interface. So i can record 8 audio tracks + the midi to go with them..

Perfect for making custom Drum charts... Although that isn't why i bought it... i got it so when i video myself drumming over the top of various music, i can then go in and properly mix in my drums with the song, i can tweak each channel to (hopefully) match the volume of the original song.

So thats what i have been doing recently..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Children of Bodom are at my hotel tonight. Made me think of this community. Neat dudes — they were stoked to have someone recognize them. Makes them the third band that I’ve had stay at my property, alongside Oceans Ate Alaska and Chelsea Grin.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Accidentally clicked on the FoF link STILL on my Chrome and ended up here lol. Haven't thought about this place for quite awhile.

I'm currently working for Sweetwater as a Guitar Evaluation Tech. Basically playing guitars all day. Pretty sweet gig. Also playing for 2 bands, one being an all original horror punk band (B Movie Monsters) and a thrash metal cover band (In Blood) and also trying out for a late 90s/early 2000s pop punk band
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:03 am

Just like old times!
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Gerinych

Postby Gerinych » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

nwru's messing with the wiki, and I got a notification for it for some reason, thought I'd check in.

I spent 4 years in college, got two separate diplomas for computer science fields (networking and programming), now I'm putting them to good use. I'm currently working as a web developer in a small company that runs a few shopping websites. Actually, I'm at work right now, but it's nearly lunch time, so...

I've also been studying Unity development in my free time, just to have another skill to put on my resume. Might even go back to college for the third time, take some game development courses. Got some cool game ideas in mind, hopefully they pan out.

Good to see you guys posting again. I might come back here more often as well.
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

wow

i cant believe i remember my old password to get in here.

either way, i've gone through and graduated college, am now doing help desk work while trying to figure what I actually want to do, was in a band for 2 years of college and it was real fun.

not much else to say to be honest.
\
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Logged in today, thought it'd be nice to go and update my profile on here so people could contact me if they ever feel like reaching out from here. I haven't been active with FoF in years, heck I haven't played it in years either which is a shame.

I made finished up college and a few software engineering jobs since I last posted anything. I've met up with stump a few times as well, making him pretty much the only person I met online that I've ever hung out with in person ever. I still work on my art, which is now a lot better than it was when I posted stuff here. I also try to do game development on my own in my free time and present at conventions. I've contemplated working on FoFiX again, but I usually end up just working on my own things instead.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:44 am

It's been a year since the last post -- let's raise this from the dead for a bit, if any of you are still around at all.

Moving to Arizona in a few days. Got a great job, and doing my own project for the time being. Started screaming again and have progressed quite a bit, and I'm still learning and enjoying it. Here's a cover for anyone who cares to listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8wGsIOpLk

Other than that, just working and enjoying married life. My 11 year anniversary of joining this site is coming up in a bit over a week, so that's rad. Hope everyone here is doing well!
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Rapt0r wrote:Image

Just like old times!

This warms my dark sad heart.
mayson miller69

Postby mayson miller69 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 pm

I haven't been on here in about 10 years it feels like this was another time ago lol. I haven't really played FOF in a while (earliest 2012). I've just been working and working while balancing school. One degree with another one on the way :biggrin: . After going through the messages i sent and received most of my reactions where "Wow" and "What was I thinking? :scared: " . I think after some growing up I've learned to think before I post lol. For the most part It's just been living and not taking things so serious :tongue:
ImageSongs Fretted:

Sleepy Head By Passion Pit,
Simple Sight By Real Faction,
Christmas Bells(rock version)
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm

It's been a while :D oh man.

Return to “Off-Topic”