Phase Shift : e-Drums Midi Link Not Working

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
TheFalconZ

Phase Shift : e-Drums Midi Link Not Working

Postby TheFalconZ » Mon May 06, 2019 1:39 pm

For some obscure reason beyond my knowledge, I can't do anything with the Midi Drums option in PS.
The game detects the drumkit, and even work if I select Generic Piano or Generic Guitar (the mapping is ****** up but hey, it's not drums). But it doesn't do anything when I select both of the drums option.

I haven't touched anything in the Midi profiles file so I just don't have a clue of what's going on. At least, if someone is in the situation, we can cry together.
Last edited by TheFalconZ on Tue May 07, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Phase Shift : e-Drums Midi Link Not Working

Postby nobby76 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 pm

As posted i nthe other drum thread (about 3 posts underneath this one)
BombDude24 wrote:In Phase Shift, all you need is hit tab to bring up the profiles, then go to the top option, which is Midi Link, then select Link Midi Device (I think it says), and then choose the Generic option. Assuming your kit has the basic setup, one snare, three toms, (optional) three cymbals, and kick, then your drums should work as normal.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
TheFalconZ

Postby TheFalconZ » Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 am

nobby76 wrote:As posted i nthe other drum thread (about 3 posts underneath this one)
BombDude24 wrote:In Phase Shift, all you need is hit tab to bring up the profiles, then go to the top option, which is Midi Link, then select Link Midi Device (I think it says), and then choose the Generic option. Assuming your kit has the basic setup, one snare, three toms, (optional) three cymbals, and kick, then your drums should work as normal.

Well, it used to do this. What happened is that at some moment, the game glitched and I had no sound, so I rebooted it. Once done, I had sound but my drums stopped working. Well, the drums profiles did, because I can somehow play with the guitar Midi profile.

I also tried reinstalling the game, and the drums profiles still don't work, even though the game perfectly detects my kit (the light gets green in the Midi Profiles menu when I hit something, so I assume it means the game acknowledges my kit).
Rockem

Postby Rockem » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:42 pm

main menu hit tab button go to midi link unlink then relink your midi that might work for you and also run PsMidiProfiler it works well.

Return to “Tech Support”