Can't download

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ThunderAnt0116

Can't download

Postby ThunderAnt0116 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:35 pm

I cant download any songs because of the slots site, fix it please
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Can't download

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm

The way things are downloaded has not changed in a long time. Which means there is nothing to fix this end. If you are getting pop ups, or ad sites, try using an ad blocker..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Zippyshare is riddled with adware. Keep that in mind.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:19 am

Something i have noticed with ZippyShare links... You need to click them multiple times to get the file you want..

For example.. You click a link here and it takes you to ZippyShare. You click its download button and it opens a popup tab, close it, click the download link again, it opens another popup tab, close it, click the download button a third time and i get the save box open...

Some times it takes 2 clicks some times it takes 4 clicks. But eventually it will open the save dialogue box ..
Also if you accidentally close the save box, you will have to repeat the 2/3/4 clicks on the download button again before the save box will reopen
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Rokina

Postby Rokina » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 pm

i cant download any songs because i'm being redirected to another page
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 am

Rokina wrote:i cant download any songs because i'm being redirected to another page

What site are you going to and where are you being redirected.

Like you click a link here, it takess you to a download site, you do something and that site redirects you... what download site are you going to, what are you clicking to get redirected..

Actually scratch that... Can you just give me the link to the song page (the FOF page on this site) i will just go and look at it myself..
Last edited by nobby76 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rokina

Postby Rokina » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:29 pm

nobby76 wrote:
Rokina wrote:i cant download any songs because i'm being redirected to another page

What site are you going to and where are you being redirected.

Like you click a link here, it takess you to a download site, you do something and that site redirects you... what download site are you going to, what are you clicking to get redirected..

Actually scratch that... Can you just give me the link to the song page (the FOF page on this site) i will just go and look at it myself..

the song is Rewrite from Asian Kung Fu Generation ( http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/archive-a )

I click on the link ( http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewt ... =5&t=28896 ) then ask for my email and I'm redirected to this site ( http://www.gambleplanet.net/ )
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Rokina, the URL is incorrect.

Change .net to .org and it should work.

Here.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewt ... =5&t=28896

The .net url goes to the old domain which is owned by a shady and malware filled gambling corp. They're c*ntwads.
Last edited by sweetladyamy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Yeah .NET was our old domain address, we moved to .org. Must have been one of the links that didnt get updated in the move.. I shall let the mods knows about that link...

Actually no need to adjust the link.. The link works fine from THIS site.. you can find the thread on this forum and go from there. You went from the wikidot page, which is out of date..

Basically forget using the wikidot page or any other "database listings" of songs, they are all old and out of date. Just go directly to the "tune posting" section of this forum and look for songs within there... All should be good..
Alternatively, if you do want to go through the links on the wikidot or any other database, if you see a link for fretsonfire.net /blah blah just change the .net to .org and the link will work fine.
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tech Support”