FoFiX on Raspberry Pi 3

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
HoneyBunnypl

FoFiX on Raspberry Pi 3

Postby HoneyBunnypl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Hello,

i am trying to lunch FoFiX 3.121 on RaspberryPi 3. It starts great but when it comes to the "choose song" screen i am getting an error " connection lost" and then " [Errno 2] No such file or directory". I am sure that i selected right folder in settings. Do you have any idea how to work it out ?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/GameEngine.py", line 1047, in run
return self.mainloop()
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/GameEngine.py", line 1020, in main
done = Engine.run(self)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Engine.py", line 136, in run
self._runTask(task, tick)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Engine.py", line 124, in _runTask
task.run(ticks)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/SongChoosingScene.py", line 170, in run
selectedSong = Config.get("game", "selected_song"))
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Dialogs.py", line 5351, in chooseSong
d = SongChooser(engine, prompt, selectedLibrary = selectedLibrary, selectedSong = selectedSong)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Dialogs.py", line 776, in __init__
self.loadCollection()
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Dialogs.py", line 914, in loadCollection
self.engine.resource.load(self, "libraries", lambda: Song.getAvailableLibraries(self.engine, self.library), onLoad = self.libraryListLoaded, synch = True)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Resource.py", line 246, in load
return l.finish()
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Resource.py", line 133, in finish
self.onLoad(self.result)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Dialogs.py", line 923, in libraryListLoaded
self.engine.resource.load(self, "songs", lambda: Song.getAvailableSongsAndTitles(self.engine, self.library, progressCallback=self.progressCallback), onLoad = self.songListLoaded, synch = True) # evilynux - Less BlackSOD[?]
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Resource.py", line 246, in load
return l.finish()
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Resource.py", line 113, in load
self.result = self.function()
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Dialogs.py", line 923, in <lambda>
self.engine.resource.load(self, "songs", lambda: Song.getAvailableSongsAndTitles(self.engine, self.library, progressCallback=self.progressCallback), onLoad = self.songListLoaded, synch = True) # evilynux - Less BlackSOD[?]
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Song.py", line 4403, in getAvailableSongsAndTitles
items = getAvailableSongs(engine, library, includeTutorials, progressCallback=progressCallback)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Song.py", line 4206, in getAvailableSongs
cache = cacheManager.getCache(songs[0].fileName)
File "/usr/share/fofix/src/Song.py", line 203, in getCache
os.chdir(cachePath) #stump: work around bug in SQLite unicode path name handling
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''
Go fast and commit!
Foofinoo

Re: FoFiX on Raspberry Pi 3

Postby Foofinoo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am

Oww, interesting stuff dude !! I would like to help you, but I used Raspberry only once in class, and I simply can't figure how to use it...
Anyway, good luck with your project, I don't think it should be so hard to fix... Perhaps ask on more "savvy" forums instead of here...

I'm also a modder for Source and GoldSource engines (CS1.6, HL2, CS:S).
Check out my maps on GameBanana if you're interested!
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:26 am

Foofinoo wrote:Perhaps ask on more "savvy" forums instead of here...

Yeah coz people here have only been fixing problems with this game for 11 years, even the official Fof site never did that.. YOU may not be very savvy when it comes to stuff, but that doesnt mean everybody elses knowledge is at the same level as yours..

===========================================================
I doubt this is actually a Pi issue and more of a Fof issue
"No such file or directory" When you go to the song selection...

The most obvious answer would be, you have a bad song in the collection, more than likely either missing (or corrupted) the .ini file, or the midi or the song's main .ogg file are missing.
So go into your song folders and check each one in turn, to make sure you have the required files. If you still cannot seem to find anything wrong, move all of the songs somewhere else and just leave 2 or 3 songs in the main song folder then start the game and try the song select screen again. If it lists all 3 or so songs then you know that bit is working. Now you can add songs back (a few at a time) and check the game every so often, if it suddenly breaks again, then you only have the last few songs to look at to find which one is the bad song.

We have had a lot of song selection screen problems over the years and nearly all of them stemmed back to either the user hadn't set where the main song folder was, or there was a "bad" song in there somewhere which was breaking everything.

Hope you get it fixed soon, would love to see Fof/ Fofix running on a tiny device. We do a lot of Pi projects at home, things like taking one of those $20 pocket arcade machines that has space invaders on it, ripping the guts out and replacing it for a Pi board, then we load emulators on it and can run MAME and about 6 other emu's on a little 6" tall arcade machine..

Large machine is about as big as a pack of smokes, the small one is about as big as a box of matches.. Imagine running FOF of a tiny machine like that :woot:
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Go fast and commit!
Foofinoo

Postby Foofinoo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 am

nobby76 wrote:...

I'm really sorry dude, I never wanted to offense anyone. It's just that I thought that FoF Forums were not the best place to solve problems about Raspberry (because I thought the problem was coming from the Raspberry, not the game)... I guess I was wrong about everything.
And I'm glad you brought a solid answer to the problem. It seems that you love a lot what you're doing, and again I never meant to be offensing or whatever.

I'm french, so perhaps the word "savvy" is a strong word without my knowing.
If I could use french, I would have choose the word "connaisseur", which is not pejorative or derogatory at all.

Once again, I apologize if I have harmed you or anyone else, I was not my intention at all.

By the way, you little arcade machines looks really nice !!
Peace !
Last edited by Foofinoo on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm also a modder for Source and GoldSource engines (CS1.6, HL2, CS:S).
Check out my maps on GameBanana if you're interested!

Return to “Tech Support”