Making charts using MIDI files?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Making charts using MIDI files?

Postby MetalMuxxer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello.

So, I really want to fret some songs (for Phase Shift), and I've read that there is a way to basically make a song without not even needing to make a note, and I was just like "WHAT THE ****? GG EASY PEASY"... But looks like it wasn't that easy...

So, I've only found 2 tutorials, one in the page with the list of songs and one in this forum, but, both are **** old (2007), are poorly explained and the images are down.

These tutorials required Fruity Loops (FL Studio), a MIDI (duh) and a MP3 file, the first part of the tutorial in the forum is pretty easy, but then it comes a part that is very bad explained and without images is way too hard.

Is anybody still doing frets using this method? Can somebody explain it to me?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Making charts using MIDI files?

Postby nobby76 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

You mean my tutorial on making songs without fretting a single note.
Really a tutorial isnt needed.. it's 100% exactly the same as fretting a song from scratch, apart from you dont have to lay down any notes (that's what a midi is for).. you just have to move notes up or down to fit on the correct "game note"

Fruity loops is NOT needed, it was just what i was using at the time and it was free. ANY music program that can handle midi and audio files (so thats most of them ) will do the exact same job just as good
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Postby MetalMuxxer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 pm

nobby76 wrote:You mean my tutorial on making songs without fretting a single note.
Really a tutorial isnt needed.. it's 100% exactly the same as fretting a song from scratch, apart from you dont have to lay down any notes (that's what a midi is for).. you just have to move notes up or down to fit on the correct "game note"

Fruity loops is NOT needed, it was just what i was using at the time and it was free. ANY music program that can handle midi and audio files (so thats most of them ) will do the exact same job just as good

Can you explain me how to actually do it? I tried and I got some random notes already fretted in Medium and Easy, but not in Hard or Expert :/
mirana205

Postby mirana205 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 am

MetalMuxxer wrote:Hello.

So, I really want to fret some songs (for Phase Shift), and I've read that there is a way to basically make a song without not even needing to make a note, and I was just like "WHAT THE ****? GG EASY PEASY"... But looks like it wasn't that easy...

So, I've only found 2 tutorials, one in the page paris cdg transfer with the list of songs and one in this forum, but, both are **** old (2007), are poorly explained and the images are down.

These tutorials required Fruity Loops (FL Studio), a MIDI (duh) and a MP3 file, the first part of the tutorial in the forum is pretty easy, but then it comes a part that is very bad explained and without images is way too hard.

Hello!
How do you make the new song on fofix and which soft do you use and why you are not making more pop music!?
Thanks!
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Postby MetalMuxxer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm

mirana205 wrote:
MetalMuxxer wrote:Hello.

So, I've only found 2 tutorials, one in the page paris cdg transfer with the list of songs and one in this forum, but, both are **** old (2007), are poorly explained and the images are down.

Hello!
How do you make the new song on fofix and which soft do you use and why you are not making more pop music!?
Thanks!

What?
Oscar5

Postby Oscar5 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 am

I don't know how to explain it. :woot:
Last edited by Oscar5 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 pm

making songs for Fof or FOFix is not something that can be explained in a few lines. If anyone wants to know how to make songs read one of the MANY tutorials we have on creating songs. Any will do.
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “General FOF Discussion”