Windows 10 immediately crashes after launch

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WA_Ouroboros

Windows 10 immediately crashes after launch

Postby WA_Ouroboros » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey guys,

It's been a really long time since I played this game. I happened to remember the game, and decided to download it again. However, every time I try to launch the game, it will either launch a black window or make the screen black depending on the windowed or full screen setting. While this black windows is here, the music plays, but that's it. If I wait a while, nothing changes. If I click the window, it reports that it isn't responding, and then I can close it or wait. I haven't been able to get a different result, and I have used a bunch of different versions. Every time I tried a new install, I uninstalled the game, went into the appdata and deleted the folder, and then restarted my computer. Then I would install a different version, try to run it, and would get the exact same results. After this, I looked all over for anyone having this problem, but couldn't seem to find anything on it. Other people have had similar problems, but none of the fixes that worked for them did anything for me. So, here we are. I have run out of ideas, and am hoping maybe someone knows a fix.
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Re: Windows 10 immediately crashes after launch

Postby siavash » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Which game? FoFiX or Phase Shift?
WA_Ouroboros

Postby WA_Ouroboros » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Woops, forgot to mention that it's FoFix.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Update your graphics drivers. The game uses OpenGL
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Tech Support”