REAL INSTRUMENTS - Has anyone here though about it?

Everything else in here
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The New Order! |m|
Delainfr

REAL INSTRUMENTS - Has anyone here though about it?

Postby Delainfr » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:56 am

Hey guys, most of you don't know me yet i believe.
Here's an introduction about myself (that has everything to do with the subjetct.

Spoiler:I've been active on the forum long ago (like 3 or 4 years) and naturally stopped using it because this forum was kinda dead. No feedback for my songs (that were all really hard do play and chart), not enough high level entries for the guitar competitions and stuff like that.
I've always played drums since 2009(before charting), but i was thinking that i could play real guitar, since i was pretty good at FOF. Of course the two are REALLY DIFFERENT, but i was trying to play some tabs on the old accoustic guitar i had, then i caught me asking a guitar to my parents (which they gave me christmas of 2012) and now i'm kinda a guitar player.

So, i've tried real guitars after years of playing FOF and it actually worked. Let's create this topic to talk about them, like, how many of you guys plays guitar? did you started before or after FOF?
And how many of you guys plays drums? did you started before or after FOF?

I've seen some guys getting like 98% on the FULL COLORS SONG from BTBAM. Dude, if you do this, you've got some seeeerious skills. You should definetely try to play real drums.
(just don't leave us like i did :tongue2:

Oh, and here's some of my videos playing real guitar, i got some pretty hard ones there like Bloodmeat by Protest the Hero or Selkies: The Endless Obsession by BTBAM.

Winner of 2011's december competition. There's a 2015's january/february competition going on right now. Joing us!
GUI-GUI'S EPIC QUOTES

Spoiler:

NatchIsSoup wrote:The biggest fear for most fretters on this site is gui-gui. There's just no escaping his wrath.

Mustis666 wrote:"...and then, he strikes again, his wrath is what we fear the most, feel the power of the One, feel the power of Gui-Gui..."

Mustis666 wrote:
elagard wrote:Soonata966, here's my request.
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?hayy2htr7nni1ot.
Rhapsody of Fire, On The Way To Ainor.

oh my God! He's reproducing! Or it's the gui-gui virus that in infesting the world!
My little nephew now is afraid to sleep, he says that there's a guy requesting rhapsody in his wardrobe. Man he's dominating the world! D:

thanks to Metallicaholic666 for this awesome signature
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: REAL INSTRUMENTS - Has anyone here though about it?

Postby Maupy2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 am

I play guitar very occasionally. I started after FoF. I had gotten pretty good at playing FoF, and my mom was encouraging me to pick up playing a real guitar (cause I'm a nerd who is on the computer all day), so I did that. I'm still quite bad at it, but whatever. Once in a few weeks I suddenly feel like playing guitar, and it's fun.
Also, I'll be buying my brother's electric guitar soon. Maybe I'll play more guitar if I have an electric guitar.

Btw, when I was younger I played drums. I had a natural talent for it, but I didn't have enough motivation to practice regularly, so I stopped drumming.xD I do kinda regret that now. (I'd love to pick it up again, but we have no money nor room for a drum set)

It's pretty cool to see that you've gotten quite good at playing guitar after picking it up through a game. :p
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
The New Order! |m|
Delainfr

Postby Delainfr » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 am

Well dude, there's no need for a drumset to play drums, really... if you have a natural talent for it, when you listen to your songs the drums will be the first instrument that you hear, and with that you'll practice it mentally, always trying to figure out how to do the stuff that you're listening right away.
I play drums in some quite difficult bands, Espera XIII for instance has lots of blast beats. We often play a cover of Bloodbath, Cancer of the Soul, and i didn't practiced it the first time we played in the studio. I came to the rehearsal only with the listening of the song, and it worked.
I only have a drum pad for studying... playing drums is expensive if you have a band, but doesn't need that much to learn how to play :tongue2:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Winner of 2011's december competition. There's a 2015's january/february competition going on right now. Joing us!
GUI-GUI'S EPIC QUOTES

Spoiler:

NatchIsSoup wrote:The biggest fear for most fretters on this site is gui-gui. There's just no escaping his wrath.

Mustis666 wrote:"...and then, he strikes again, his wrath is what we fear the most, feel the power of the One, feel the power of Gui-Gui..."

Mustis666 wrote:
elagard wrote:Soonata966, here's my request.
Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?hayy2htr7nni1ot.
Rhapsody of Fire, On The Way To Ainor.

oh my God! He's reproducing! Or it's the gui-gui virus that in infesting the world!
My little nephew now is afraid to sleep, he says that there's a guy requesting rhapsody in his wardrobe. Man he's dominating the world! D:

thanks to Metallicaholic666 for this awesome signature
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 am

I'm pretty sure a good majority of the (old) regulars of this forum had played a guitar or instrument at some point. I, for one, play the guitar though only chords. I can't be bothered to learn how to do anything remotely amazing with a guitar
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Delainfr wrote:Well dude, there's no need for a drumset to play drums, really... if you have a natural talent for it, when you listen to your songs the drums will be the first instrument that you hear, and with that you'll practice it mentally, always trying to figure out how to do the stuff that you're listening right away.
I play drums in some quite difficult bands, Espera XIII for instance has lots of blast beats. We often play a cover of Bloodbath, Cancer of the Soul, and i didn't practiced it the first time we played in the studio. I came to the rehearsal only with the listening of the song, and it worked.
I only have a drum pad for studying... playing drums is expensive if you have a band, but doesn't need that much to learn how to play :tongue2:

Wow, that's pretty amazing, dude! I'm not gonna be able to do that though. I don't even remember where what drum is. :p It's been so long ago. Also, I don't even want to do it. If I'm gonna play an instrument, I'd rather have it not be an imaginative one.:p
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
FrOoGle

Postby FrOoGle » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 pm

I played guitar since I was 13 years old, and drums when I was 17.
My Song Thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59701
FrOoGle HeRo I - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=628936#p628936
FrOoGle HeRo II (unfinished :C) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58720
FrOoGle HeRo III - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=637471#p637471
FrOoGle HeRo IV - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=638836
Bullet Train Blast - Nothing Remains (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&p=630599#p630599
Shadows Fall - Fire From the Sky (full album) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59287&p=634454&hilit=Shadows+fall#p634454

Signature picture provided by The---Way
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:32 pm

I play guitar. It's awesome, fun, and improves circulation. I think FoF didn't help much in that regard, but it's much easier to feel like a rockstar playing FoF than playing guitar. Guitar is unnatural, troublesome, complex and a constant uphill battle. But what's accomplishment without hardship?
I Regret Nothing
Rush95

Postby Rush95 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. So, a little bit before I started playing FoF. It's kinda funny, because music games and real guitar help each other out. Music games give you fairly good muscle memory, so HO/PO's on a real guitar do become way easier as a result. Real guitar helps you chart songs. After all, if you know how a song is played, you're not gunna mess the chart up. That's my experience with both at least.
I chart songs! Go here to get 'em: https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58492
Number of songs charted: 15 (+14 in a seperate thread. https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58617)
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

Postby piinyouri » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:42 am

I play drums. Have played for about 10 years now I think?
Never picked up a stick before Rock Band, that game more or less gave me a jumping off point and I've been going from there since.
Just emulating my favorite songs as best I can, I've managed to pick up a few things here and there. :woot:

Return to “Off-Topic”