GH mod for 1.2.451

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Jmsbond35

Postby Jmsbond35 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Raph,
you are GOD.

For some reason, the hopo that comes with this version of FoF didn't ever work, so on fast parts it wouldn't let me hit all the notes because it either expected or didn't expect me to use hopo, not let me choose. kind of confusing I know. But since I got your HoPo, I'm in heaven. I now play FoF like all the time, it's just as good as GH in terms of responsiveness to notes. THANK. YOU.
RGx2

Postby RGx2 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:56 pm

This mod is sick.
"Honey, what are you gonna get me for Christmas, I want......(continues to rant endlessly about what she wants)..................hey baby, are you listening?
"No, I don't want to hear it right now, I am playing frets on fire ( 2 weeks later in bed)
"Hey baby guess what I am in the mood for?"
"You can play frets on fire in the morning.(She turns off the light and goes to sleep)
codered360

Postby codered360 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:02 pm

congratulations your mod is the very first mod i've decided to keep.

thanks raph you did an outstanding job.
"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. "
mentis

Postby mentis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 pm

I just wanted to mention, that after using the new library.zip which keeps the normal FoF HOPO system, I noticed that the GH Difficulty Names no longer work. They have reverted back to FoF names. Anybody else found this to be true?
Last edited by mentis on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-+[Blog]+- -+[Minitokyo]+- -+[MySpace]+-
hedis

Postby hedis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm

****ing awesome mod man I just love every bit of it thumbs up on this one
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:00 pm

mentis wrote:I just wanted to mention, that after using the new library.zip which keeps the normal FoF HOPO system, I noticed that the GH Difficulty Names no longer work. They have reverted back to FoF names. Anybody else found this to be true?

yes you're right. I never thought about it when I repacked it, I just used YMS lyrics mod Song.pyo...

but it's fixed now, you just have to redownload the replacement library in my signature.
mentis

Postby mentis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Excellent :D. That was quick, thank you very much!

I also have a question regarding backgrounds. So far, most (if not all) of the mods I've seen switch the backgrounds to static and display a single image. I am curious if this is necessary. Would it not be possible to replace the "dynamic" elements in the new version of FoF with different ones, which would make use of the animation?

An example of this would be using your GH background in this mod, then adding the neon flowers and/or the speakers on each side as an additional image on top which would pulsate just like the instruments in the background of an unmodded FoF.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:48 pm

well, I'm not sure to understand what you mean...

if you have tried the frets on ice mod, you can see that he uses white speakers and the lights, that uses the animations possibilities.

in my mod, I use the lights animation too, and well, I didn't made it THAT apparent but, the speakers pulsate, and the crowd jumps a bit. I didn't made it move too much because I didnt want it to look too phony but it moves, just look.

in the bands mods, the musicians move their arms and stuff like this.

The static backgrounds are mainly in mods for version 1.1.324 of the game, but even there, some people uses the two flames

If it's not what you meant...sorry

---------------------------------------------------
edit:

On another subject, a couple of persons using the mod told me that it seems to fix that c++ error that was happening randomly in ver.1.2.451. I don't know exactly why and if it's totally true but I'd like to hear about it, if you tried and if it really fixed it..or not heh
Last edited by raph666 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mentis

Postby mentis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:53 pm

Ah okay. That makes sense. I'm sorry, I guess I just didn't notice that the speakers and crowd are animated in this mod :p. I was too busy looking at the notes, ha ha :D.
YMS

Postby YMS » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Not raph's code changes fix the C++ error, his stage.ini does. In fact, an empty stage.ini does fix it, too.

Give me a little time to check out what's wrong with the original stage.ini, and I'll post a fix.
Thanks so far to Raphael for involuntarily create the first known fix to this problem, and leading me to the problem's trace.
mentis

Postby mentis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:01 pm

You know, you're right. I haven't had a single C++ Runtime crash since installing the mod! Yay!!!
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm

YMS wrote:Not raph's code changes fix the C++ error, his stage.ini does. In fact, an empty stage.ini does fix it, too.

Give me a little time to check out what's wrong with the original stage.ini, and I'll post a fix.
Thanks so far to Raphael for involuntarily create the first known fix to this problem, and leading me to the problem's trace.

I'm glad you found out what was the problem. I was really doubting that I had anything to do with it, when I read this yesterday I actually thought it was just a coincidence...I just thought I was lucky that it didn't crash on me before (when I was using my raphmod)
I prefer "generic" solutions like this...I wouldn't have wanted to go through all the source to see what it could have been heh

by the way, I never asked you for your lyrics mod. I hope it doesn't bother, really.. if it annoys you in any way tell me, I just assumed it was allright since you released the source too
Last edited by raph666 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniping_dreamer

Postby sniping_dreamer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:40 am

This is so awesome. Thanks for this :)

Although FoF's gone slower...
YMS

Postby YMS » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:37 am

@ raph666:

Of course using the lyrics stuff is okay. I'm honored! ;)

I noticed two little internationalization issues in your mod: When setting the game to a foreign language, some of your GH difficulties are translated, some not (since there is a translation for "Easy" and "Medium", but not one for "Hard" and "Expert"). And if that translation uses special characters (or some lyrics do ;)), like german umlauts, your font won't allow to display it. So german version would display like "Zur ck ins Hauptmen ", where there should be "Zurück ins Hauptmenü".
Both are minors things, though.

@ all:
Like I wrote, I posted a little workaround for C++ crash here some short time ago. It doesn't matter to you if you're using raph's mod, but if you wanna use FoF 1.2.451 without a mod.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:31 am

YMS wrote:I noticed two little internationalization issues in your mod: When setting the game to a foreign language, some of your GH difficulties are translated, some not (since there is a translation for "Easy" and "Medium", but not one for "Hard" and "Expert"). And if that translation uses special characters (or some lyrics do ;)), like german umlauts, your font won't allow to display it. So german version would display like "Zur ck ins Hauptmen ", where there should be "Zurück ins Hauptmenü".
Both are minors things, though.

I must admit I didn't test out german...I speak french and only tried to find a font with accents (like é è ê ë, I believe it will also do the german ä )...if you have a font that supports the characters you need, you could just rename it to international.ttf in the mod folder, and maybe send it to me so I could pack it with....but for the translations, I don't know, I'm getting Gettext right now, if I can do something with the .mo files, I'll do it...but if you could give me a list of how the the difficulty should be written and spelled, would be great...I know a bit of spanish and will do the french translation (if I can figure out how) and post them here...but I don't know if I'll do russian and hebrew, unless someone here can speak hebrew and translate the difficulty names to me!!
Last edited by raph666 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”