Fofix randomly decides to make you miss notes.

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Maltar Draco

Fofix randomly decides to make you miss notes.

Postby Maltar Draco » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm

I start up fofix and play a song which I'm 100% on everything except the solo but it randomly decides that many of the correct notes that I play don't count for absolutely no reason at all! I have messed around with all the settings but fofix has no concern for my almost completely perfect sense of rhythm.

So many notes are completely unhittable, no matter how many times I restart. I have looked carefully at the white bars when playing and it appears that the game randomly becomes out of sync with the audio and randomly back in sync with the audio.

I have changed the AV Delay many times and this makes some notes that were completely unhittable and makes them hittable, however some notes that were hittable become completely unhittable, it won't even let me have a 10 note combo.

No way is this a problem with the song's chart, it's from guitar hero 2.

Conclusion: Fofix has a hit range that is roughly 10 times as sensitive as guitar hero and clearly doesn't use the anchors from the chart. The people who made this game have no clue how to make any rhythm game at all if they don't use the anchors. This same problem is in fof as well, not just fofix.
Maltar Draco

Re: Fofix randomly decides to make you miss notes.

Postby Maltar Draco » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Performous is very fof ugly but appears to come with a good editor.

Phase Shift has nothing but 10/10 reviews "OMG! BEST RHYTHM GAME EVAH!" which is very likely to be true from a quick look.

Phase shift appears to have many play styles including:
Guitar Hero
Guitar Tabs (awe yeah...)
(I cannot identify this one, it simply has 7 lanes with coloured notes and the second, fourth and sixth lanes larger than the others.)
Dance Mat

Edit: I still have yet to reach my goal of playing Guitar Hero 2 without becoming a 'console gaming peasant'.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:40 pm

FoFiX is very machine dependent.

Also insulting the makers of FoFiX? You clearly dont know how to program, and the devs are still fixing (if very slowly) FoFiX

Also, FoF and fofix uses the anchors so i have no idea WHAT charting program you are using or who's charts you have been downloading but they are obviously not good charts
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 pm

raynebc wrote:There have been no changes to FoFiX's code repository in about 8 months. The site announcement about FoFiX development stirring up again is misleading, they probably just forgot to take it down.

Get back to me when you read what's in the parentheses.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 am

amak11 wrote:
raynebc wrote:There have been no changes to FoFiX's code repository in about 8 months. The site announcement about FoFiX development stirring up again is misleading, they probably just forgot to take it down.

Having minor code changes followed by huge voids does not constitute as active development. The site announcement is indeed misleading and only serves to discourage others from taking over the project as they assume an update is on the horizon.

David
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 pm

thekiwimaddog wrote:
amak11 wrote:

Having minor code changes followed by huge voids does not constitute as active development. The site announcement is indeed misleading and only serves to discourage others from taking over the project as they assume an update is on the horizon.

David

Says the person who got drunk, wrote a long post (while drunk i might add), got me banned while simultaneously shaming me on his own community to this day without me even being sign up. bugger off til you grow a pair (and i dont really care if you want to play tattletale).

raynebc wrote:
amak11 wrote:Get back to me when you read what's in the parentheses.

You don't need to apologize for the developers. They just don't have the time or interest to work on FoFiX.

Why do i need to apologize? Im not apologizing for anything, i blatantly told you to read what's in the parenthesis. Any development, is active development, even if there is one commit a year. Im just trying to clarify some meaning while questioning the OPs insulting remarks. As a programmer myself, this is the kind of negative reinforcement people don't need. What's a good way to get someone to stop caring about what they do, negative reinforcement.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 am

amak11 wrote:Any development, is active development, even if there is one commit a year.

Even though I appreciate open source, I don't really buy this argument. Attacking the developers' work with nastiness is indeed not constructive, but pointing out that a project is not being worked on isn't an insult, which is why I directed the OP to alternatives since there obviously wasn't going to be a way to get him to embrace FoF as it is.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am

You didn't address my point at all.
The site announcement above is misleading about the current state of development. Yes any development is good but in my opinion the work that has been done doesn't warrant an announcement of any kind.

In regards to respecting programmers, the rhythm project I code for is constantly criticised and picked apart all of the time. Many of the posts could be considered disrespectful but that's just part of the internet and leads to a real discussion about the state of the project.

I don't remember you ever getting yourself banned but if you did then you should take responsibility for your own actions. I also don't remember your name ever being mentioned on our forum.
David
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Maltar Draco wrote:I start up fofix and play a song which I'm 100% on everything except the solo but it randomly decides that many of the correct notes that I play don't count for absolutely no reason at all! I have messed around with all the settings but fofix has no concern for my almost completely perfect sense of rhythm.

So many notes are completely unhittable, no matter how many times I restart. I have looked carefully at the white bars when playing and it appears that the game randomly becomes out of sync with the audio and randomly back in sync with the audio.

I have changed the AV Delay many times and this makes some notes that were completely unhittable and makes them hittable, however some notes that were hittable become completely unhittable, it won't even let me have a 10 note combo.

No way is this a problem with the song's chart, it's from guitar hero 2.

Conclusion: Fofix has a hit range that is roughly 10 times as sensitive as guitar hero and clearly doesn't use the anchors from the chart. The people who made this game have no clue how to make any rhythm game at all if they don't use the anchors. This same problem is in fof as well, not just fofix.

FoFiX has a setting to change the hit window tolerance so it is possible to alter the "hit range" to fit your style or needs. Now, on the subject of "anchors". FoFiX reads and supports BPM changes. If the chart is out of sync at parts then 9 times out of 10 the song author is the one to blame. Maybe you are missing the notes due to the ol' sound vs sight trick. If the notes don't line up with the audio then perhaps the audio is subliminally forcing you to attempt to hit those notes before they are physically hittable. Basically, you are trying to play what you hear but it is authored incorrectly which causes a miss in notes. I don't really see how this would be the issue however since you stated this is from Guitar Hero 2. Unless of course it is not a direct rip. Just in case, try turning the volume down to 0 and playing the song. Can you hit the notes better now?

On a side note, It always bugs me to see someone suggesting an alternative game to solve simple problems. This time it was suggested because the development of FoFiX has frozen. Might as well post on the Rock Band community forum that Rocksmith is a better option to Rock Band since Rock Band's DLC ended while you're at it.

Return to “Thoughts ?”