GH mod for 1.2.451

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Floyd.lt

Postby Floyd.lt » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:45 am

The mod is awesome ! I just don't realy like the background. Could someone make some more backgrounds for this mod?
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:47 am

iam using your keys with old fof, hope u dont mind, i copyied your code, and make it work with c-mod. If u give me permission, i share it. ;)
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:25 am

Raph, I'm learning things every day thanks to you.
I didnt know you could store songs in folders in the new FOF.
Is this because of your mod, or was the ability all ready in there?

I think I'm going to be spending more time in 1.2.451 thanks to you.

Once I set up directories, get the CD lables I need, get my previews set (I hope 1.2.451 can do preview .oggs)
...After all that I plan to start learning how to do backgrounds for 1.2.451 Looks like there is a learning curve involved with getting the flashing lighting to work. Would you mind if I threw some questions your way sometime? Looks like you know how most of it works. :)
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:56 am

dgrams, the library system was in 1.2.451, you must have noticed you don't need a song.ini with =FOLDER= (if you have the song.ini it shows a CD with no song)...however, I don't think that the previews will work... add it to the to-do list

@Inkk... I put the source in the archive and distributed it, I guess you're free to do whatever you like with it, if you want to post your stuff here, you're welcomed, if you start your own topic, just say that it's my code and that this color-thing code was a lot inspired by Alex's rf-mod. I don't do code modifications for fame and glory, just so that I can get the game to look like I need and I needed those extra colors to make my keys. I didn't make it for 1.1.324 because I don't use it and because since there are a lot of codes modifications already, I didn't want to choose which I should include and then distribute them as a part of my work...also because I don't want to do "support" for 1.1.324, and people would surely have problems with the install. But anyway, as I said you're more than free to do what you want with it. People will however have to tweak the existing keys (like FozZ's) a bit by renaming the meshes if they install it because most of the keys meshes are just named to whatever so if they want to use other mods afterward they will have do this (I already wrote it but anyway): Mesh = frets colors Mesh_001 = key_color Mesh_002 = key2_color (I might have interverted them, try it) and Mesh_003 appears when there is a note hit.
codered360

Postby codered360 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:32 pm

hey raph GREAT mod really nice work

one question. what causes some of the notes to have a black center instead of a white one?
"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. "
meadow

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:34 pm

I just played Jordan on hard, I got 20000 points less than my record, and I sure as hell haven't gotten worse at playing. Are the HOPOs tappable? I mean, every time they come I get some mean 'miss'. Though the HOPOs are great at solos :S
codered360

Postby codered360 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:35 pm

what are HOPOs and what do they do?
"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience. "
meadow

Postby meadow » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:39 pm

HOPOs are those with the black center :p If you're on a note streak you can hit them by not picking, just pressing the fret at the right time. Rocks in hard solos. Sucks at very easy bits.
codered360

Postby codered360 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:43 pm

oooo i get wat it stands for hammer ons and pull offs thanks dude
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:51 pm

So, is there anyway to just get the visuals of this but keep default settings?
codered360

Postby codered360 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:55 pm

i doubt it. cause if you did it right you problably trashed the default settings when you replaced the library
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:00 pm

And thats why I back up all of my files :p
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:05 pm

if by, just the visuals you mean, keep the original tapping system, you can get this library.zip instead

I posted it a couple of posts ago. I'll put it in my signature I guess
classic tapping system library
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:32 pm

Oooooh cool , thanks alot dude, your great! :D
mentis

Postby mentis » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Btw, I don't think I ever thanked you for putting this mod out for us :D. So thank you very much! I have been waiting for this, and I must say it was worth it. Now, if we can only get the new RF mod out for this version to fix those stability issues, FoF would be one sweet (and complete) package!
-+[Blog]+- -+[Minitokyo]+- -+[MySpace]+-

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”