GH mod for 1.2.451

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:45 am

I don't know, I don't get this error...when I first installed the first 1.2 version it was c++ crashing too, but now I haven't got this error in a long time...I don't know what's causing it

dgrams, hope you got it working with the new library.zip, if not don't hesitate to PM me
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:21 am

Wonderful! Brilliant! I love it.

Now the delima... which version am I going to use to play 1 player games...

All this one needs if flames on the keys and the ho/po to be working right, and it would rule!
I love the menu & results screens, the keys, the glow on the keys, the seethru fretboard, the concert background.

Raph, this is awesome.

Yes, my library.zip didnt make it for some reason. as soon as i put that in place, everything looked good!

Are you tweaking anything else with this mod, or is it finished?
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:21 am

dgrams2000 wrote:Holy cow Raph! This is great!
Lights are changing colors, speakers are 'beating' :)

But I get this with the colors and cant seem to get the 'white' in my notes or black in the keys.

I just unzipped a copy of the 12451 version, so I'm using a 'virgin' install.
I also have the fretsonfire.ini moved into my game folder since I have multiple FOF's on my machine. (and not in my 'documents and settings')

Any ideas on the colors?

I have the same problem, anyone know how to fix it?
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:54 am

there is a library.zip file that comes in his pack.
This library.zip must be put in place of your existing library.zip file in the DATA folder.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:56 am

dgrams2000 wrote:Wonderful! Brilliant! I love it.

Now the delima... which version am I going to use to play 1 player games...

All this one needs if flames on the keys and the ho/po to be working right, and it would rule!
I love the menu & results screens, the keys, the glow on the keys, the seethru fretboard, the concert background.

Raph, this is awesome.

Yes, my library.zip didnt make it for some reason. as soon as i put that in place, everything looked good!

Are you tweaking anything else with this mod, or is it finished?

I really wanted to hear comments from you dgrams2000, I know you like GH and made it a bit because of your backgrounds packs, I know the hopos are not good with all the songs but on many they are "on the spot" (I didn't know they didn't work because, except for some chords hopo, they work great with my favorite songs)

It's pretty much finished this way but I'm always listening to comments and well, I can'T stop working on it (even if for now, I'm gonna play with it a bit! heh) Maybe I'll have a look at Capo's source to see if I could not put the flames on the keys, I never used it but I see that most people like it so...

I realize also that it could be great to be able to choose the bass/rythm tracks, I'll try to add this too

anyway, if you have any other ideas you can always tell(beside fixing the hopos hahah, I tried but I dont know how..so I'll work on it anyway but cant promise anything!)

@Magyk, you must use version 1.2.451 of Frets On Fire and replace your existing library.zip, that is in the data folder, with the one I put in the GHmod1.2.451.rar
Last edited by raph666 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GNRrocka

Postby GNRrocka » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:42 pm

dgrams, wha i did to make the hopo work was replace the song.pyo in the mod's library.rar with the one from the origional, then just put the mod in the mod folder. Activate it and your good to go
My Songs:
[url=http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11949]
Velvet Revolver - Libertad album songs[/url]
Jet - bunch of songs, Current Total = 4
Sum 41 - Hell Song
The amazing BLT

Postby The amazing BLT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Is it possible to keep the cassettes for songs instead of switching over to cds?
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:17 pm

the way mods work is that the game will look in the mod folder to see if a file exists, if not, it will use the one in the data folder...so when you want to get only parts of the mod, you only have to delete them in the mod folder. Like what you want to do, is go the the Gh mod folder and erase cassette.dae, label.dae, library.dae and library_label.dae...after erasing them, the game will use the original one, which are cassettes

GNRrocka wrote:dgrams, wha i did to make the hopo work was replace the song.pyo in the mod's library.rar with the one from the origional, then just put the mod in the mod folder. Activate it and your good to go

Well, what he meant was getting the hopos working like they do with the rf-mod...what you did when replacing the song.pyo with the original one was just getting them back to that weird tapping system...but if you're used to it! heh

if you want to use the lyrics mod, I suggest however you use his ( YMS ) Song.pyo for 1.2.451...or you can just get that replacement library which uses the original tap system
no-hopo-library.rar
Last edited by raph666 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The amazing BLT

Postby The amazing BLT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 pm

cool thx. Great mod by the way.
poiklpu

Postby poiklpu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:52 pm

does this work for macs?
See my star wars mod for Alarian!:
Star Wars Mod
el nini wrote:Split screen? TWO keyboards on ONE compter? Madness I say. Madness...
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:27 pm

unfortunately, this will only work on mac if you know somebody who could compile it (do you know someone??), the source code is included...

I'll try asking syberdave if he could build it for linux but I don't even know anyone who has a mac...
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:40 pm

Thanks guys.
I tried replacing the 'song.pyo' into the library.zip file that originally came with FOF12451.

I guess I havent played too many songs with that version.
It did change the HO/PO, as I tried the beginning of Freebird on Easy Level (FOF rating)

But the HO'/POs used were WAY to drastic.
So I put Raph's 'song.pyo' back in the library.zip file and just disabled the ho/po's in my FOF 1.2.451 version.
Its kind of odd not having them in the songs, but this mod is just way to cool. The keys are just AWESOME.

Raph, I see you have static menu screens now in the FOF 1.1.324 version.
Are you planning to port any of this mod over to the old version?
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:52 pm

IS there a way to get JUST the visuals of this mod (menus,notes,etc.)

I LOVE the visuals, but I prefer stock-settings.

Also, on your main page, the 5th and 6th screenshots from the bottom, the 5th from the bottom the keys seem really dark, the 6th are lighter, how do you get them lighter? *Appologies for being a complete noob at tech*
Last edited by Magyk on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:30 am

chuck201 wrote:are keys and notes compatible with 1.324

Looks like you can use the keys in 1.1.324, but the keys are one sold color (you dont get the black in the center of the keys) and you dont get the awesome glowing effect when hitting a note in 1.1.324 (This is because the library.zip file cannot be used with 1.1.324)

Although I still kind of like using these keys in 1.1.324 because I've never really been happy with any of the keys made in the mods and whatnot.
Just too bad we cant get the glowing effect in the early version, but you can mix them in with the flames.
So its 'a horse a piece'.
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:52 am

Magyk wrote:Also, on your main page, the 5th and 6th screenshots from the bottom, the 5th from the bottom the keys seem really dark, the 6th are lighter, how do you get them lighter? *Appologies for being a complete noob at tech*

okay, I believe I understand what you mean...

you looked at my webpage? I haven't updated the screenshots...this was taken from the "work in progress"...
there is no way to make them like the 5th and 6th screenshots....but there are a couple of colors you can change in the fretsonfire.ini ...
I will assume we know how to open the fretsonfire.ini , if not it's written in the README...

in the [theme] section look for those
key_color = #....
key2_color = #....
hopo_color = #....

the key_colors are controlling the gray and black colors of the keys...so you can put white or pink or whatever

(for modders, if you'd like to do some keys, it's controlling the color of Mesh_001 and Mesh_002 .....Mesh_003 is only appearing when you hit a note, it's some sort of glow, to "simulate" the middle of the note going up, it's also why they look like "hats" when you don't install the library.zip )

the hopo_color is controlling the color of the tappable notes...I put black cause that's what I like but I heard that white (#FFFFFF) is looking more GH-ish.
Last edited by raph666 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”