Rediscovering old websites and looking through old posts.

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
watcher777

Rediscovering old websites and looking through old posts.

Postby watcher777 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Despite most of what I used to do on forums like this when I was younger makes me cringe today, I still seem to find myself remembering the old websites I used to visit a while back. Today, I rediscovered this forum and unsurprisingly looking back through my posts I find some, admittedly not as bad as some of the rubbish I found myself saying in old Facebook inbox messages, but still less than pleasant to look at comments by me. To be quite honest, I'm unsure how people managed to not be furious with my stupidity.

I can't be the only one who does this surely? Feel free to share your experiences on the matter. :)
I fret stuff
FOFGuyAKAPerson

Re: Rediscovering old websites and looking through old posts

Postby FOFGuyAKAPerson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 pm

I've been on forums since I was like 7 or 8. Yeah. I'm sure if I looked at my oldest posts, I'd be so embarassed.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:34 am

If it makes you cringe it's a good sign, it means you're not the same person you used to be and that you have grown beyond who you were at that point in time. I have looked at past posts and more than making me embarrassed, I simply don't recognize myself in them anymore. Still, it's good to have a written record of what I used to think and believe that far back. It's like a diary that was effortlessly written without you even realizing it.

I wonder if at some point in the distant future I'll look at this post and smile.
watcher777

Postby watcher777 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:36 am

FOFGuyAKAPerson wrote:I've been on forums since I was like 7 or 8. Yeah. I'm sure if I looked at my oldest posts, I'd be so embarassed.

crazy.neo wrote:If it makes you cringe it's a good sign, it means you're not the same person you used to be and that you have grown beyond who you were at that point in time. I have looked at past posts and more than making me embarrassed, I simply don't recognize myself in them anymore. Still, it's good to have a written record of what I used to think and believe that far back. It's like a diary that was effortlessly written without you even realizing it.

I wonder if at some point in the distant future I'll look at this post and smile.

Fair point, glad I have changed though :tongue:
I fret stuff
FOFGuyAKAPerson

Postby FOFGuyAKAPerson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 am

watcher777 wrote:
FOFGuyAKAPerson wrote:I've been on forums since I was like 7 or 8. Yeah. I'm sure if I looked at my oldest posts, I'd be so embarassed.

crazy.neo wrote:If it makes you cringe it's a good sign, it means you're not the same person you used to be and that you have grown beyond who you were at that point in time. I have looked at past posts and more than making me embarrassed, I simply don't recognize myself in them anymore. Still, it's good to have a written record of what I used to think and believe that far back. It's like a diary that was effortlessly written without you even realizing it.

Fair point, glad I have changed though :tongue:

So I looked at my oldest posts ever on my first forum. It wasn't too easy, I had to use the Wayback Machine to find it. My posts were immature, but I was kind of surprised, because they weren't as immature as I expected. I did lol at one thing a person said, though. I was being really jealous, because somebody's thread got popular, so I said it sucked, and this guy says, "What are you, like 7?" >_>
warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:51 pm

My first post was tech support. Winniez just laughed at me but I sucked it up and asked for help instead of flaming my ignorance. Good thing he did!
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
winniez

Postby winniez » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 am

:tongue2: :tongue2:
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

MOTHER
DUCKING
WINNIEZ
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Shizophrenic Kid
jaxxxson

Postby jaxxxson » Fri May 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Aww yeah, I just looked back at a lot of my posts, and I spam the word "lol" and just have terribly unsatisfying posts. Ah well, thankfully we all grow up haha.

Return to “Off-Topic”