Rocksmith!

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Rocksmith!

Postby amak11 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 am

Well since i havent really started a thread in a while i figure i'd post this.

Rocksmith is a game developed by Ubisoft. It's key feature is the fact you can plug in any guitar into your console and play a song; which takes guitar Pro mode in RB3 and makes it better. My only thing with this game is it will still have a hard time pulling a demographic from either GH or RB. But considering the cost savings and the fact you get to use your own guitar might be worth it.
Rocksmith is a game for guitar enthusiasts. Whether you’re a beginner who is starting to pick up the instrument or a seasoned shredder, Rocksmith aims to make use of the guitarist in you.

Platforms: PC, 360, PS3
Expected release date: Fall 2011

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/03/ubisoft-rocksmith/
http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/

edit: edit for possible misinterpretation
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Rocksmith!

Postby raynebc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:42 am

I've been following this since news broke about it yesterday. The game will not mute the guitar track and will not fail you out, instead adapting the difficulty on-the-fly. Based on what we know about it so far, it probably can't even do proper pitch detection for chords, and it only scores by seeing that you played something at each note/chord in order to count it as a hit. I don't think it would be possible for them to improve on RB3's pro mode with such a primitive system. The most interesting things I see in RockSmith so far are the inclusion of both rhythm and lead guitar tablature and the software amp/modeler. I can't say yet if I would actually buy it, it probably comes down to the on-disc setlist and whether the game works worth a damn.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm

I see this as a revolution in music games, both for this and RB. Now if they had the whole band in it and made a ton of adjustments it would be cool. Wether or not it would sell is another now that RB and GH have flooded the market.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 pm

This will die horribly. Just like that other game that ended up being poopy. (those drums, man. they were awful)
Anyway, yeah. This doesn't improve the RB Pro Mode which is the best thing out there, there's nothing interesting on what they are offering.
The only way I could see this succeding is if they took the RB Pro mode and let you use your own guitar with it, but that's impossible.
Or called it Guitar Hero: Returns and added "moar metalz".
Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Isn't Powergig something like this???
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Powergig is way different, it had many levels of fail. This just allows you to use your own guitar. I'm waiting for E3, i want to see this in action.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 pm

E3? Whats this?
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 pm

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is an annual gaming expo that showcases some of the biggest up and coming game titles

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

lamb-of-god

Postby lamb-of-god » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:53 pm

oh wow guise
Mean Mr. Mustard
Logan812

Postby Logan812 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am

I'm glad to see that at least they're not trying to bash Rock Band like a certain "competitor" did last year. My biggest concern about this game is the pitch detection itself (the guitar would have to be tuned perfectly, bass (if it's even in the game) pitch detection is always very iffy, how is it going to properly detect chords?). Plus, Rock Band already has pro guitar and I, as well as many other people, have already invested a lot of money in Rock Band.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:52 am

I don't think I can judge something that there is no real info about yet, but I like the idea of it.

However:
...The Rolling Stones, The Animals, Nirvana and Interpol, this game has something for everyone.

With the list of artists presented in the article posted, it doesn't really sound like "there is something for everyone". If the game works well though I'd still consider buying it even if the setlist wasn't ideal for my tastes(which is pretty much like every Rock Band game's on-disc setlists so far).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Would be rather funny if they scored Led Zeppelin, where other certian games havent.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Mean Mr. Mustard
Logan812

Postby Logan812 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:20 am

amak11 wrote:Would be rather funny if they scored Led Zeppelin, where other certian games havent.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 am

Wow dude, lighten up.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 am

Logan812 wrote:
amak11 wrote:Would be rather funny if they scored Led Zeppelin, where other certian games havent.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

o.o
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v

Return to “Other Music Games”