FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:21 pm

arfn24 wrote:If you'd like to remove me from the credits, you can. I never really actually did much in the way of helping with Team Hero. At the time, I was a n00b who thought I was 'teh awesum', but now I've realized it wasn't quite so...

Anyway, I'm under Team Hero. ;)

That's a sad realization to come to, that happened with me and drawing.

Question: Is there gunna be a choice between the py2.4 and 2.6 builds this time around?

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:54 pm

py2.4 has been completetly dropped for 4.0, but im sure 2.6 will be suffice on all systems with the game being as optimized as it is
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

So far(though it's much better then before), I've been getting some lag jumps with the stable alpha release.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

It runs better than 3.121 thats for sure.

Still I get a few jumps every now and then but definently not as bad as before.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
É UMA BANANA!
caramba2654

Postby caramba2654 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Can someone post a zip version of FoFiX 4.0.0 A1? I can't download 7zip and Windows doesn't recognize the other file...
HURRY! Click that image and give me an internet! PUT A KEEP ARE YOU!
Prakt

Postby Prakt » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:00 am

I wondered how the online mode will work? Well, it's been already said that if both players will have the same song, they'll be able to play it, but what I want to ask is: would it be difficult to make connections to servers with songs/players awaiting? Something similar to Counter Strike 1.6: you go online, search servers, check setlist - you're able to download songs if you don't have them already. Then it goes just like in GH3, you connect to game or make one yourself. Just look at the Counter Strike community and their server system - it works great. I suppose it would be extremely hard to do such a thing, but is it possible/do you consider doing sth like this?
Sh*tty Guitarist
Shredin0id

Postby Shredin0id » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 am

slashfan7964 wrote:It runs better than 3.121 thats for sure.

Still I get a few jumps every now and then but definently not as bad as before.
Agreed. On 3.121 It barely lagged on single notes! God knows what it was like on 3 note chords! Now there's barely any lag for 3 note chords so yes, it runs great.
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

Frame limiting seems to have a positive effect on jumpy notes and lag so I changed the default[1] cap to 120 as a compromise[2] between good speed and playability. These changes should appear in the next alpha release.

1. Just the default setting, its not locked in or anything.
2. In reality you should only need 30-60 fps, but we all know how annoying it is to go back once you've gotten used to playing with higher fps.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:38 pm

fuzion wrote:Frame limiting seems to have a positive effect on jumpy notes and lag so I changed the default[1] cap to 120 as a compromise[2] between good speed and playability. These changes should appear in the next alpha release.

1. Just the default setting, its not locked in or anything.
2. In reality you should only need 30-60 fps, but we all know how annoying it is to go back once you've gotten used to playing with higher fps.

fuzion i have been meaning to say this about when you changed that, most pc's don't ever get that high fps on fofix (i get around 80 on git) and most monitors run at 60hz which pretty much is 60 fps i think the default cap should be 60 fps not 120.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
mattaceten

Postby mattaceten » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 am

So I got the Alpha finally. When I first ran it, it failed to initialize and gave me some error message. When I ran it again it worked just fine. I went to set up my theme(One of Fuzion's) and set my controls for my IONs. When I got the to song selection I was pleasantly surprised by the way it was organized but I hit a problem. After my song ended I was gonna choose another one. But I couldn't ever exit the song selection. I backed up all the way to the root of my computer(Root, Program Files etc) and had to Ctrl-Shift-Esc to get out of it. Any idea what this was? Other than that it seems like a pretty damn fine release. Just wish we could get the setlist to scroll faster.
ekdikeo

Postby ekdikeo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 pm

This might be a dumb question, I'm probably missing something terribly obvious .. but, when it asks me to pick a part and difficulty for a song .. I can't figure out how to control it? If I press some random buttons, sometimes I get a different difficulty, but there's no onscreen indicator as such?
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:04 pm

ekdikeo wrote:This might be a dumb question, I'm probably missing something terribly obvious .. but, when it asks me to pick a part and difficulty for a song .. I can't figure out how to control it? If I press some random buttons, sometimes I get a different difficulty, but there's no onscreen indicator as such?

It should operate just like the guitar hero games just with keyboard. Arrow keys to move up and down, or strum bar, and to select you use the first fret and to go back you use the second.
ekdikeo

Postby ekdikeo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm

yeah, there's a list of which difficulties are available, but the up/down keys (and left/right, and everything else except for Enter, F1 (select) and F2 (back)) don't --appear-- to do anything. Apparently some key is doing -something- because if i start hitting random buttons, then start the song, the difficulty is not Expert, but there's no visual indicator of the selection. And there doesn't seem to be anything at all indicating which part to select.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:05 am

Hey guys, just dropping by after so long and taking a peek at latest news for old time sake. Great job to all the coder's (old and new ones) with getting 4.0.0 finally out there, and wishing continued success until fofix 4 Final comes out in time. Lot's of changes, LOTS i see, which is awesome, just don't forget to document things 'Well' for the WIKI, because any theme makers out there won't know how to use all the nice new controls and feature's if they don't know it exist, and fofix goes hand in hand with great theme's since they live off each other, one can't survive much without each other (unless you can deal with a generic basic theme, until the FoFiX 4 Final official new theme get's finalized, started, and finished) I haven't seen anything much in wiki since 3.120 final, which for all i know might be located on some other website now, but wanted to stress the importance just in case not.
Hope everyone had a great holiday (both), and for all my old friends here (Both themer's AND coder's) keep up the great work with the future of this!!!! Best wishes, and keep rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sh*tty Guitarist
Shredin0id

Postby Shredin0id » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 am

Hey will fofix 4.0 work have components that will be able to work with better with graphic cards? I heard that this game doesn't work with the intel 945 GM Chipset family and I can't afford a new video driver.

Return to “FoFiX”