The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby amak11 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Meh, i could be looking at it from the Canadian P.O.V. guitar would end up being 300 here, with taxes. eep
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 pm

amak11 wrote:Meh, i could be looking at it from the Canadian P.O.V. guitar would end up being 300 here, with taxes. eep

Still your paying for a real guitar from a brand that's known for quality(though not so much on HMX's side IMO), so it's still reasonable.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

beebe

Postby beebe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Well I finally got to play RB3 this past weekend, I must say it was awesome. I have to admit though I preferred playing the old RB1 songs over the RB3 songs especially for pro drums. Keys were a lot of fun, pro keys were crazy hard, but regular was really easy. I found the hit window was much friendlier than previous games, particularly hammer-ons, but the bass pedal is still hypersensitive imo. Pro drums were no disappointment, I'm sad to play FoF drums now without the pro drums. It's makes drums a lot harder which is nice. Definitely worth the buy imo, but you gotta get the keys bundle and the cymbals for it to really be worth it I find.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 pm

IIRC, RB1 songs had no pro drum content at all, only RB2 and newer. I'm working slowly into keys by doing the trainers, but after some practice I could probably rank right up there with keyboard cat. And keep your eyes peeled for the next release of Phase Shift, they're implementing 8 lane drum support (ie. pro drums).
beebe

Postby beebe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm

raynebc wrote:And keep your eyes peeled for the next release of Phase Shift, they're implementing 8 lane drum support (ie. pro drums).

That's exciting :)

raynebc wrote:IIRC, RB1 songs had no pro drum content at all, only RB2 and newer.

If you import your RB1 songs into RB3 they have pro drums. I know because I did it. So I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Spoiler:

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm

just for the record phase shift isnt just adding pro drums, its adding all the pro instruments (except keyboard and vocals)
Image Image
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 pm

raynebc wrote:It has been said by several other people that Harmonix did not add pro drum style notation into their charts until Rock Band 2. My comment is assuming that is correct.

My RB1 imports show Pro Drum capability.
beebe

Postby beebe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Lysdestic wrote:
raynebc wrote:It has been said by several other people that Harmonix did not add pro drum style notation into their charts until Rock Band 2. My comment is assuming that is correct.

My RB1 imports show Pro Drum capability.

They do have Pro Drum capability, and they are really freakin' fun to play.

Spoiler:

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Then again, many RBN charts are offered with pro-drums even though their MIDIs don't have proper pro drum notation. Can anybody else confirm that RB1 songs (including those on the original RB1 disc) are correctly charted for cymbals versus tom drums?
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:39 am

Yes, it is true that some RBN tracks are off with Pro Drums, mainly because Harmonix hadn't passed this info on to the RBN charters, so all toms default to cymbals. However, it's been said in videos by Harmonix that they realized after doing Pro Drums that they had been including it all along, and yes, they are correct.

It isn't hard to kick up RB3 with a RB1 song and turn on No Fail to check the Pro Drums, I did it just now and can confirm their presence.

No video because I can't be bothered, but yes, they are there and charted fine.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:28 am

It should be obvious that cymbals have been charted from the beginning, remember the RB alpha shots, where there were cymbals charted, but no cymbals on the kit?
personally i think it would have been better if they were visible from the beginning.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

warhol

Postby warhol » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 am

drihscol wrote:It should be obvious that cymbals have been charted from the beginning, remember the RB alpha shots, where there were cymbals charted, but no cymbals on the kit?
personally i think it would have been better if they were visible from the beginning.

But then I wouldn't buy Rock Band 3
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

I'm sure short development cycles on the first two games had something to do with why they couldn't fully implement the feature

-- Edit: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 am --

http://admin.fender.com/rockband3/exclusive/

279.99 MSRP

Keep in mind this is a squier STRAT not one of those awful walmart "starcasters" or something like that. I believe the standard version of this model runs a rough $200.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:47 pm

According to a Harmonix PR guy, it's a $250 Stratocaster, so they're not charging much for the extra hardware being used for the game.

I find it a little bit hard to believe that they suddenly "realized" they had been charting this way all along, that's the kind of thing they should have been planning intentionally. It is good to know, and gives me more reason to export songs, should I ever get a pro drum capable kit. I just imported "I Think I'm Paranoid" into EOF and it does have pro drum notation.

Return to “Other Music Games”