The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
bass gaz
dani5639

Re: The Offical Rock Band 3 Thread

Postby dani5639 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Are there any pro modes for older songs?
what to do when playing plastic guitar or bass UPDATED

Spoiler:1-only slider tapping
2-head tilted to left or right or upsidedown
3-use a mirror
4-lefty mode+mirror, guitar righty, strange depth effect
5-jumping aroundn stage like yeah
6-scratch your balls and play bass, expert, Metallica - Disposable Heroes
7-remove the (gh guitar) neck for no reason during a solo
8-start button push when starpower button pushed during solo
9-faceoff, watch the opponent's neck only, strange effect, different difficulties=impossible
10-rape the whammy bar all the way. let the whammy pushed during the whole song (gh)
11-the batteries pop out
12-bass expert, long strap, like Rob Trujillo
13-use huge snow gloves
14-play muted sound ( 1 second delay during pro-faceoff isn't playable )

how to make fun of the plastic drums

Spoiler:1- 3 notes during freestyle: 2 sticks + heatbutting, or 4 notes at same time, i saw first at azuritereaction
2- hit 2 pads at same time for double notes (one hand) ^
3-deleted, post me something
4-do like him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E
5-suck at 2-3 hard songs, then win Run to the hills EXPERT (i did that, only cause my pedal didn't work on first songs)
6-play guitar or bass notes when u got nothing
7-go nuts during freestyle or big rock ending using the buttons on drum control panel
8-play using only ABXY/ XOBT/ wii BUTTONS on the drum control panel, not hitting the pads the good way, whole song
9-batteries pop out
10-play lefty
11-if the stick is wrong , hit a pad to make it flip in the air
12-play crazy songs but fail to fc easy songs (i have no drum fc even if i can 5* master of puppets expert+ xD ,finished every ghm metallica song, expert,bad ghwt cymbals)
13-superfast stick bump under the yellow cymbal lol
14-miss the red pad, the stick hits the ground and breaks
15-during overdrive activation sections, fix something (fix the pedal )
16-use a chair with wheels rofl
17-play muted
18-fail every starpower activation in ghwt
19-use huge snow gloves
20-not being able to connect the drums on pc, let jurgen play, play ghost like

my rb character is a hollow metal ichigo
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Rock Band 2 charts had pro drums for the purpose of the drum animations, but apparently Rock Band 3 used the same notation for pro drums. So technically, you could use the unedited MIDI files from RB2 and RB2 era DLC in the next release of Phase Shift. In the next release of EOF, you will also be able to add pro drum notation to charts.
Tormann71's Brother
mrstuprigge

Postby mrstuprigge » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:41 pm

aander91 wrote:Got it tonight with the keyboard.

Game is pretty meh to be honest. There's not a whole lot that is exciting or new seeing as normal Keys is basically guitar. Hell, you can even play guitar charts with the keyboard. Pro Keys is nasty, I'll have to work on that one, but really, the game is crazy amounts of easy and it still just feels like the same games with not much added. I know that sounds ridiculous since this one is a huge step for rhythm games, but really, there aren't many songs with an interesting Key part anyway. I played Rainbow in the Dark for about 3 minutes before quitting and played notes for about 30 seconds of the 3 minutes. It's obviously no fault of the developers, but Keys pretty much sucks for any song that isn't Bohemian Rhapsody or any other song lower than Impossible.

to play the guitar/bass parts with the keyboard you have to go into all instruments mode.

and i like rb3 so far, except for there not being score duel. so gay.

ImageImageImageImageImage

53 Songs! (Newest: Chiodos, The Memorials, Tera Melos, Defeater)

ImageImage
Underoath - Define The Great Line Full Album WIP (6/11 songs complete)
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:17 pm

raynebc wrote:Rock Band 2 charts had pro drums for the purpose of the drum animations, but apparently Rock Band 3 used the same notation for pro drums. So technically, you could use the unedited MIDI files from RB2 and RB2 era DLC in the next release of Phase Shift. In the next release of EOF, you will also be able to add pro drum notation to charts.

Actually, pro drum notes were never used for animations. All drum animating is done using completely different notes. The devs were just thinking ahead with pro drums.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:58 pm

mrstuprigge wrote:
aander91 wrote:Got it tonight with the keyboard.

Game is pretty meh to be honest. There's not a whole lot that is exciting or new seeing as normal Keys is basically guitar. Hell, you can even play guitar charts with the keyboard. Pro Keys is nasty, I'll have to work on that one, but really, the game is crazy amounts of easy and it still just feels like the same games with not much added. I know that sounds ridiculous since this one is a huge step for rhythm games, but really, there aren't many songs with an interesting Key part anyway. I played Rainbow in the Dark for about 3 minutes before quitting and played notes for about 30 seconds of the 3 minutes. It's obviously no fault of the developers, but Keys pretty much sucks for any song that isn't Bohemian Rhapsody or any other song lower than Impossible.

to play the guitar/bass parts with the keyboard you have to go into all instruments mode.

What? No, I just went to Quickplay and picked guitar instead of keys, I still don't even know what that does.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 pm

wolferacing wrote:Actually, pro drum notes were never used for animations. All drum animating is done using completely different notes. The devs were just thinking ahead with pro drums.

My bad then, I misunderstood. I know that the Rock Band 2 had optional cymbal attachments, did the pro drum notation in RB2 ever get used to the point of requiring/rewarding the player to use the cymbals (if present) instead of the drum pads where appropriate?

aander91 wrote:
mrstuprigge wrote:to play the guitar/bass parts with the keyboard you have to go into all instruments mode.

What? No, I just went to Quickplay and picked guitar instead of keys, I still don't even know what that does.

There was some kind of limitation that resulted in Rock Band 3 being designed so that out of guitar, bass and keyboard, only two of them could be used at once without requiring you to enter all instruments mode. I'm not clear why it was done this way, but some people are thinking it was because one of the consoles has some kind of controller limitation, and they wanted RB3 to work the same on all platforms instead of being better on one than another.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Yeah I read about that too.

Edit: I was playing alone I might add, and it lets me play guitar/bass.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:27 pm

raynebc wrote:
wolferacing wrote:Actually, pro drum notes were never used for animations. All drum animating is done using completely different notes. The devs were just thinking ahead with pro drums.

My bad then, I misunderstood. I know that the Rock Band 2 had optional cymbal attachments, did the pro drum notation in RB2 ever get used to the point of requiring/rewarding the player to use the cymbals (if present) instead of the drum pads where appropriate?

aander91 wrote:
mrstuprigge wrote:to play the guitar/bass parts with the keyboard you have to go into all instruments mode.

There was some kind of limitation that resulted in Rock Band 3 being designed so that out of guitar, bass and keyboard, only two of them could be used at once without requiring you to enter all instruments mode. I'm not clear why it was done this way, but some people are thinking it was because one of the consoles has some kind of controller limitation, and they wanted RB3 to work the same on all platforms instead of being better on one than another.

Don't the Xbox 360 and the Wii have a limit of 4 controllers per console? I'm guessing that is why.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:45 pm

I find it funny how even the PS2 can handle more controllers then all of them. 4 on it's own, and you get a multitap and you can play with up to 8 people. (Off brand multitaps can go to 16 I think. I've seen it once before on a YouTube video)

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:09 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I find it funny how even the PS2 can handle more controllers then all of them. 4 on it's own, and you get a multitap and you can play with up to 8 people. (Off brand multitaps can go to 16 I think. I've seen it once before on a YouTube video)

Hah, no. The multitap only brings the console limit up to 5 players if i recall. AS the multi taps have 4 ports in them, and the 5th is on the console. But still the PS2 and PS3 both break said limits the wii and 360 have.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:07 pm

The fat PS2 has an expansion bay in the back which adds another 4 players. One of my games (Madden, or some racing game) can take 6-8 players at once with multitap support.

All PS2s have 2 USB ports and 2 controller ports. Each mutitap has 4 extra ports. INCLUDING USB PORTS, here are 2 example setups:

FAT PS2

Plug in mulitap via expansion bay. 2 USB, 6 controller ports. Add another multitap to pre-existing multitap, add another 3 ports...etc. Total going from 8-As many ports as said game allows.

SLIM PS2

Plug in multitap via controller port. This leaves 3 extra ports. Total now comes to 7...etc.

So essentially amak, you were on the right track. I justvadded in USB ports since games like GH/RB and others use them.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:The fat PS2 has an expansion bay in the back which adds another 4 players. One of my games (Madden, or some racing game) can take 6-8 players at once with multitap support.

This is how i know you dont know what you are talking about. The expansion bay is for more storage. Storage meaning a hard drive. I dont know where you've been getting your info from, but its wrong.

amak11 wrote:All PS2s have 2 USB ports and 2 controller ports. Each mutitap has 4 extra ports. INCLUDING USB PORTS, here are 2 example setups:

FAT PS2

Plug in mulitap via expansion bay. 2 USB, 6 controller ports. Add another multitap to pre-existing multitap, add another 3 ports...etc. Total going from 8-As many ports as said game allows.

SLIM PS2

Plug in multitap via controller port. This leaves 3 extra ports. Total now comes to 7...etc.

1) lack of USB on multitaps
2) what did i say about 5 players with one multitap
3) very few games use teh USB ports on PS2
4) 6-8 players means you need 2 multitaps which is possible.
5) refer above regarding expasion bays
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 pm

couldn't be more off topic right now guys
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Haha, sorry vedi

Anyone here even pre-order a pro guitar? if i read right they dont com out till later in november

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:43 am

amak11 wrote:
slashfan7964 wrote:The fat PS2 has an expansion bay in the back which adds another 4 players. One of my games (Madden, or some racing game) can take 6-8 players at once with multitap support.

This is how i know you dont know what you are talking about. The expansion bay is for more storage. Storage meaning a hard drive. I dont know where you've been getting your info from, but its wrong.

amak11 wrote:All PS2s have 2 USB ports and 2 controller ports. Each mutitap has 4 extra ports. INCLUDING USB PORTS, here are 2 example setups:

FAT PS2

SLIM PS2

1) lack of USB on multitaps
2) what did i say about 5 players with one multitap
3) very few games use teh USB ports on PS2
4) 6-8 players means you need 2 multitaps which is possible.
5) refer above regarding expasion bays

It is correct. I own one (bought it off Ebay), so don't cut your balls off over it =P

Lets not argue.

-- Edit: October 29th, 2010, 11:46 pm --

I do believe I said USBs were on the console itself...

I just explained the setup in which to get 6-8 players using 1 multitap.

GH/RB/racing wheels

My Song Thread

Return to “Other Music Games”