EOF 1.7RC3

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

EOF 1.7RC3

Postby raynebc » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Since I can't make an official release of EOF without NewCreature, I'll post a release candidate in order to get feedback, bug reports, etc. Make sure you read the documentation before you ask how to use any of the new features. If the documentation doesn't address your question or if you find a mistake, then please feel free to ask. If anything doesn't work as described in the documentation, or you experience any crashes, please post in this thread with details.

Here is the download link for the Windows binary:
RC3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p45ah6
RC2 (old): http://www.sendspace.com/file/mp4lzs
RC1 (old): http://www.sendspace.com/file/rt8583

As usual, since no Mac developers will help make binaries for us, Mac users will have to use another OS or build it themselves.

1.7:
Fixed an issue where forced HOPO on/off notes were saved to MIDI incorrectly.

Added Leading Silence option to Song menu. This can be used to add silence to the beginning of the loaded OGG.

Fixed an issue where notes' statuses were not kept when they were auto-adjusted.

Added time signature support. Time signatures will not be written to the MIDI during save operations or loaded during MIDI import by default, but this can be enabled in File>Preferences.

Note statuses (HOPO/Crazy/Double Bass) are now kept during copy and paste operations.

Fixed the "clean" target operation in FoFLC's makefiles.

The Album tag information is automatically added as an INI setting if it exists in the MP3 or OGG file chosen when creating a new chart.

Raised the maximum grid snap interval to 64

Adds custom time signature support for charting. Time signatures are still not written to the MIDI during save operations

Adds support for marking Expert bass drum notes as Expert+ notes, which will appear in Phase Shift as Expert+ bass notes instead of Expert bass notes. An expert+.mid file will also be written during save if any Expert+ notes exist, for use in FoF

Improved the MIDI import to be more efficient and to prepare for more comprehensive time signature support

Updated to latest version of FoFLC

Improvements to documentation and makefiles

Improvements to MIDI export: offers to correct pitchless lyrics, warns if lyrics are outside phrase markers, corrects MIDI event order, adds padding for
lyric phrases (to work around bugs in FoFiX) and enforces a length of 1ms for drum notes (to work around bugs in FoFiX)

Corrected preview of pitch shifts and added the display of vocal slides in the editor window

Improved Feedback import by allowing it to load the defined audio file (even an MP3), fixing a desync issue and fixing an issue where the chart's song folder wasn't updated after an import

Adds support for charting vocal percussion notes by using the Backspace key. New audio samples can be assigned to sound for vocal percussion from the Song>Audio cues menu item

Various optimizations to graphics, audio, save and input logic

Added support for Rock Band Audition chart import (MIDI data only)

Added support for .chart files (Feedback import), rba files (RBA import) and OGG/MP3 files (New chart) via command line

Adds the ability to render a waveform graph of the currently loaded OGG using the F5 key

Adds a new zoom level (1/1)

Adds the labeling of measure numbers next to the beat markers

Adds volume slider controls for the chart volume and each audio cue in Song>Audio cues

Corrected the controller button defaults and conflict detection

Fixed a crash that could occur during MIDI export if a MIDI was imported and was longer than the audio file that was selected.

Fixes a crash that could occur when canceling MIDI import

Fixes a crash that could occur parsing song.ini during MIDI import

Fixes an issue where some second markers might not be rendered in certain zoom levels in certain conditions

Fixes an issue where a key+Spacebar combination could leak input into PART DRUMS to add notes when playback is started

Fixes an issue where playback would lose sync if the left arrow or Home keys were used to seek to the beginning of the chart during playback

Fixes an issue where ] wouldn't work properly for lengthening lyrics

Fixes an issue where using the guitar strum input mode in PART VOCALS would destroy existing lyrics

Known Issues:
-Time Signature import/export is still very new, so there could be some bugs left. If you find errors in how time signatures are imported or exported and can demonstrate how it's incorrect, please provide feedback on the issue.
-Playback is glitchy if you're using a custom playback rate greater than 100%. Don't expect this to work correctly, although other custom rates should work just fine.
-The Leading Silence feature depends on oggCat, which may have problems with some OGG files that would result in the audio sounding garbled.
Last edited by raynebc on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Re: EOF 1.7RC1

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 am

Freaking amazing! Can't wait for an actual installer.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 am

Oh, I thought when you said that you couldn't "release it" you meant that you couldn't compile it, twas just the source code. That's cool tho, i'll check it out!
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:02 am

Pro tip, don't use sendspace.
I suggest Mediafire.

EDIT:

After having a little play of the new build, I have deemed it... wonderful.
The waveform feature is a big help when syncing songs.
The number tags for the beat markers makes it a little easier to remember which beat is which.
Yay it's exactly what I hoped it'd be
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 am

Wow. The waveform feature is amazing. I just played around with it for a few minutes, and it really helps. Going to try syncing a song from scratch with it later. Keep up the good work! :2thumbsup:
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 am

Does this RC require codecs to be installed on the computers.

Error: The program can't start because libvorbisfile-3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Ill download said file and see if that makes a difference.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 am

amak11 wrote:Does this RC require codecs to be installed on the computers.

Error: The program can't start because libvorbisfile-3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Ill download said file and see if that makes a difference.

The same thing happened to me. I just downloaded libvorbis.dll and renamed it to libvorbisfile-3.dll and that seemed to work.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

I think this is something to do with how the newer versions of MinGW work, I'll look into it. In the mean time, I put the DLL file in the zip package and replaced the download in the first post. If you just want the DLL file, here it is:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rbriu
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

No worries i found all the dlls and placed them in the EOF folder, all is fine :)

Im loving the waveform, it makes beat syncing the songs that much less of a tedious task. Its also helped me beat sync a song thats been giving me some issues.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Big problem for me. The program said I needed the dlls, libvoribs-0.dll and libogg.dll. I installed them from a dll site, but when I tried opening EOF. It said:
The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_idheader could not be located in the dynamic link library libvorbis-0.dll

-- Edit: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:59 pm --

Big problem for me. The program said I needed the dlls, libvorbis-0.dll and libogg.dll. I installed them from a dll site, but when I tried opening EOF. It said:
The procedure entry point vorbis_synthesis_idheader could not be located in the dynamic link library libvorbis-0.dll
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
Waiting for BH Theme
vitor180396

Postby vitor180396 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:50 pm

neostriker73 wrote:Big problem for me. The program said I needed the dlls, libvoribs-0.dll and libogg.dll. I installed them from a dll site, but when I tried opening EOF. It said:

-- Edit: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:59 pm --

Big problem for me. The program said I needed the dlls, libvorbis-0.dll and libogg.dll. I installed them from a dll site, but when I tried opening EOF. It said:

I got the same error
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

I'm getting the same errors. Until you release the next RC, I think I'll stick to 1.666.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.7RC1 (take 2)

Postby raynebc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:26 am

Since I can't figure out why the Vorbis stuff won't link into the executable like I want it to, I just grabbed the 3 DLL files and put them in the zip file with everything else. I tested this on a non-development computer (netbook) and it runs without errors, so all the needed files should be there this time. The working release candidate is in the first post.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”