I'm fairly sure my yellow pad has gone kaputz.

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

I'm fairly sure my yellow pad has gone kaputz.

Postby piinyouri » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Possibly the blue one as well.

I noticed first while playing the recent Solitude Within by Evergrey from the Drum Community Project when the superfast bit on the hi-hat comes up about 75% through the song. I realized that was indeed a difficult part, but I should have been able to get it. Well now I know why. My yellow pad has slowly been losing it's functionality for awhile(thinking back now).

Is there any possible way to fix this? I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I'll do anything to keep from having to buy a new set.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Re: I'm fairly sure my yellow pad has gone kaputz.

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 am

The drum pads are fairly easy to fix unless you completly break the pad off of the drumset, then you have to tape that back on there...well that sux. Anyway, you have just been playing the drums a lot and the chipboard decided it wanted to slip out of the correct position, it will stop working. The yellow one has a problem with it and usually goes out first, (I think it's more due to the fact that you play it the most). Here's a website to help you re-align it, which is usually what the problem is:
http://www.oxmonline.com/article/featur ... band-drums
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

Postby piinyouri » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 am

Oh...crud. I don't know jack about soldering or electronics.
Btw I just realized your from Conway AR. Nice to meet someone local who plays FoF. : )

*sigh*, I suppose I should start looking for a replacement set.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:47 am

Buy it off Ebay, it's wayyy less expensive! If you wanted to be really ghetto about it you could just attach the cymbals and play with them because they can fixed even easier than the drumset. BTW, are you from Conway?
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 pm

B*gger. I used to have a RB1 set, that lasted 1 month before I completely cracked the head of the yellow drum, and the others were severely damaged too.
So then I got another set under warranty... what I did then is the following... works well too:

Purchase Rockband Pads... essentially foam stickers.. only costs a few dollars. Then tape down some blank cds on top of the drum head (1 per head). Put the foam stickers over the top (i used 2 per drum head). What this means is that you are striking the foam (with the cd underneath)... this improves rebound and before you do damage to the drum head... you have to shatter the cd first... this is next to impossible to do. I continued like this for many months without another single problem (in fact I still have my RB1 set in perfect working order)

If you have the cash though, grab an ION kit and a rockpedal... you won't look back after that.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

Postby piinyouri » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 am

Would absolutley love to get an ION and rockpedal, but I'm afraid it's a bit too rich for my blood, however the CD idea sounds like something I'd try with my next set I buy.
Rock Band Pads, those are the sound dampeners right?
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:05 am

Right.

You could probably make the covers yourself easily enough too. Just some thin adhesive foam.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539

Return to “Tech Support”