Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

What do you think is going to be better Rock Band 3 or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Rock Band 3 is going to destroy GH :Warriors of Rock
38%
I'm getting both
21%
I don't care
10%
GH: Warriors of Rock, GH is always gonna be better than Rock Band
31%

Total votes: 182
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Re: Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Postby doomtron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:03 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:Don't forget the keys in the Fear of the Dark album! Oh, that was synth, not keys in Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time.

Fear of the Dark suxxxx except from here to eternity, the title track, and wasting love :P

Also, what instrument do you think the synth was played on. Maybe.... A KEYBOARD? It's not like Steve can play the keyboard. Oh wait. Yes he can.

Wikipedia wrote:Stephen Percy "Steve" Harris (born 12 March 1956) is an English musician, known as the bassist, band leader, primary songwriter and only constant member of the band Iron Maiden (although Dave Murray has played with the group since 1976). In addition, he plays keyboards, and sings backing vocals.

Sorry to be an ass slashfan, but really, c'mon.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm

lol, people are getting really upset about the difference in tastes here...... everyone likes something different... they look for different things in music!! you shouldn't jump down someone's throat and say that anything "sucks" per se, because everyone has a different opinion... i happen to love children of bodom and they are my favorite band, however i also listen to boston, styx, reo speedwagon, metallica, as i lay dying, yellowcard, and escape the fate (ramble alert... i am now finished listing bands) ...... and i don't "like" certain bands, but that doesn't mean they suck..... more that i just don't like their sound and lyrics... the moral of the story here...... don't bash people for liking something =p it's not like you're being forced to enjoy it, and if the setlist upsets you so much, chart your own songs and don't buy the game??
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 pm

@doomtron Nah I think the whole album was half decent. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is right up there with Wild Wind Blows, Rime, and Hallowed.

Yes he plays keyboards, but not until Fear of the Dark...He had a synth pedal hooked up to his bass.

REO!!! Finally besides me likes them.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:@doomtron Nah I think the whole album was half decent. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is right up there with Wild Wind Blows, Rime, and Hallowed.

Yes he plays keyboards, but not until Fear of the Dark...He had a synth pedal hooked up to his bass.

REO!!! Finally besides me likes them.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. I OWN the CD of Seventh Son. It credits the keyboards to him. Know your facts next time.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:23 pm

I have it too haha.

I'm talking about Somewhere in Time. Not Seventh Son. Before we get into an arguement, lets stop lol.

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I have it too haha.

I'm talking about Somewhere in Time. Not Seventh Son. Before we get into an arguement, lets stop lol.

No, you specifically said, "He didn't play keyboards until Fear of the Dark".
slashfan7964 wrote:Yes he plays keyboards, but not until Fear of the Dark

>_________>

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:29 pm

I obviously didn't pay attention to the credits. My bad. You are correct.

My Song Thread
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:31 pm

oh, and just cuz i feel like it, having read a lot of stuff from the first five pages of this thread or so..... rockband stuff is expensive, guitar hero has harder (and probably overcharted) charts..... however, IMO, those charts are good enough and aren't too bad... hell, fury of the storm, the megadeth song (idk the name) and, if you want peace, prepare for war, look pretty similar to puppetz charts even...... so i wouldn't really say they're severely overcharted.... and rockband is much more group oriented i think, guitar hero is more of a one person game still, even with the addition of instruments besides guitar.... but either way they are different games... they offer different things, like the hit window.... i prefer guitar hero because to me, it feels more reasonable when i'm doing a solo that i can be a tad bit early, it's a game, not a live performance for thousands of fans, ya know?? it still should have the game element to it.... i don't have a favorite, each one has something different to offer that i prefer over the other =]

############
############

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:I obviously didn't pay attention to the credits. My bad. You are correct.

That is all I wanted to hear. :wink: :PPPPP

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 pm

doomtron wrote:
slashfan7964 wrote:I obviously didn't pay attention to the credits. My bad. You are correct.

That is all I wanted to hear. :wink: :PPPPP

lol, small victories are often times the sweetest

############
############

It's a roflcopter!
MopHead

Postby MopHead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 am

@every random bullsh*t relating to my musical taste

Forget the last.fm bullsh*t. I can't believe how someone else's musical taste is so important in this forum. :thumbdown:

Both GH6 and RB3 have Slipknot and A7X in.
46 songs - NEWEST SONG: The Faceless - Xenochrist

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MopHeadMovs2 (over 3000 scrobbles, over 200 artists)

MOST REAL METAL IS NOT ON THE MAINSTREAM RADIO!
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:09 am

I can't believe how someone else's musical taste is so important in this forum.

POP IS GAY

Refer to avatar.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

doomtron wrote:Well, yes that is definitely true. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Megadeth, Iron Maiden (Seventh Son or Somewhere in Time keys, anyone?), or really any heavy metal band except Anthrax. I'll admit, I'm not really a fan of any of those bands you listed (I despise CoB and I find DT's singer pretty annoying, never really listened to those other bands, I will say that Panic Attack on RB2 was pretty damn fun).

If you don't like DT's singer, listen to their first album, it has a different singer who sounds more like Geddy. In fact, the singer they had when they did the Majesty Demos sounded even more like him. :p
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
It's a roflcopter!
MopHead

Postby MopHead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:30 am

aander91 wrote:
I can't believe how someone else's musical taste is so important in this forum.

POP IS GAY

Refer to avatar.

I am not refering to music, I am refering to my musical taste on the first qoute.

But, The second qoute is true.
46 songs - NEWEST SONG: The Faceless - Xenochrist

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/MopHeadMovs2 (over 3000 scrobbles, over 200 artists)

MOST REAL METAL IS NOT ON THE MAINSTREAM RADIO!
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am

you're a hypocritical moron
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **

Return to “Other Music Games”