Drum Set :O

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Drum Set :O

Postby doomtron » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 pm

So, I have a bunch of money saved up, and I was thinking of buying a new drum set, because the one I have sucks ass. I'm caught between two different ones.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Dru ... 1431975.gc

and

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ddrum-Diabl ... 1422073.gc

Opinions? I'm looking for a 5+ piece drum set (with hardware) for $600 or less.

I'm leaning towards the ddrum, simply because if I wanted to expand it to a 6 piece, rack toms are cheaper than floor toms.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Drum Set :O

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 pm

I would recommend that DDrum set you have listed. My neighbor had that same set (it was basically mine since he let me play it so much lol) They play really well and they look hellasexy.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 pm

COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 pm

I saw that Sound Percussion Kit earlier, but it looks kinda... cheap. I don't know. I would like to get something a little more top of the line, if you know what I mean. Plus I would have to buy new pedals and heads. I have some SP stands and a throne though, and they are actually pretty decent.

I didn't see that Pearl before... I'm liking the looks of it, but I would like one with two floor toms (fits my playing style better). I dunno. Hmm... Musician's Friend sells individual floor toms for it. I'd like one with hardware, and I like the tom mounts on the Gretch and DDrum kits a lot better (I hate those individual 90-degree angle style tube tom mounts). I'll definitely think about it though. I like that it's a 6 piece and has a steel snare. Hmm...

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 am

Both of them look fantastic! The second one is AWESOME tho. You should get it!!!
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to go to your local Guitar Center or music store and play some of their kits, find out how it sounds and how comfortable it is to play. Those two things are much more important than how it looks.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:34 pm

timfoss wrote:Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to go to your local Guitar Center or music store and play some of their kits, find out how it sounds and how comfortable it is to play. Those two things are much more important than how it looks.

The Guitar Center here has neither of those kits in-store :s

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 am

Oh, that sucks. That's the thing that's hard about buying drums, most of the time you can't test out the kit until you buy it, and by then if it sucks it's too late.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 am

The secret to an awesome drum set is Octobans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octobans

Seriously, though. As a non-drummer, I would've thought you'd want to go try them out first - are there no music shops near where you live?

-- Edit: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:11 pm --

doomtron wrote:
timfoss wrote:Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to go to your local Guitar Center or music store and play some of their kits, find out how it sounds and how comfortable it is to play. Those two things are much more important than how it looks.

The Guitar Center here has neither of those kits in-store :s

Woops. I see.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I found another one that looks good:

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend ... sku=582208

Today I'm going to look at the local pawn shops and see if I can find a good drum set. If not, I'll probably get that Ludwig.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 pm

I think the Ludwig is good. I have an 7 piece drum set, from Roland. It's partly electric, but it looks like a normal Drum set, all I can do is make it change sounds, or turn the electronics off to make it sound natural. It also has an Midi cable, which I have set up to work with FoFiX (Only pedals though) With a pearl dual bass pedal set. Cost me a total of $1000. The Ludwig is good for you, it's in your price range, and it's a 6 piece set.
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:57 pm

neostriker73 wrote:I think the Ludwig is good. I have an 7 piece drum set, from Roland. It's partly electric, but it looks like a normal Drum set, all I can do is make it change sounds, or turn the electronics off to make it sound natural. It also has an Midi cable, which I have set up to work with FoFiX (Only pedals though) With a pearl dual bass pedal set. Cost me a total of $1000. The Ludwig is good for you, it's in your price range, and it's a 6 piece set.

Ugh. I'm not a fan of electronic drum sets. Especially the cymbals.

Anyway, I was going to get the Ludwig in white (If I don't see anything I like at the pawn shops), then either buy an auxiliary snare or a ride, or use the money I have left over to buy an amp for our keyboard player.

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:02 pm

I wouldn't buy the other things, it's best to buy the natural drum-set. Even if it is kind of bad, it's better than the others, what I personally think, my opinion. Maybe you like that stuff more, just saying :/.

ImageImage

Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:06 pm

neostriker73 wrote:I wouldn't buy the other things, it's best to buy the natural drum-set. Even if it is kind of bad, it's better than the others, what I personally think, my opinion. Maybe you like that stuff more, just saying :/.

Wait. What. O.o I'm getting a drum set. and possibly buying a snare or ride for it, because I'll have around 100 dollars left if I get the ludwig or one from a pawn shop. But the keyboard player in my band needs an amp, so I might just buy an amp instead of the snare or ride. And... natural drum set? You mean acoustic?

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Ok lets get the confusion out, I know something that you have to buy, based on my terms. $1,399.97 drum set REDUCED to $599.99 at Guitar Center :O

Drum Set

And yes, by natural, acoustic :P and as for the keyboard amp, if you have any money left over, you and the keyboard player could combine the money so you spend less.
Last edited by neostriker73 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

Return to “Off-Topic”