Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:46 pm

I tried 4 different ways to get in, and it shows that Im the only one in. No Nwru_away, no Jurgenbot
Nothing.
Help?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:28 pm

you either miss spelled the channel name when joining ( if you try to join a channel that doesnt exsist it will create it for you ), you joined a server that was in a netsplit ( often more than one server will split at a time )
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:00 am

I think I discovered that Mibbit doesn't like either Playstation 3's, or the network I'm on...
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

what makes you say that? did you have trouble connecting last night ? If you answered yes then i can give you a simpler answer, someone using mibbit last night was Glined, so they could have just locked out a huge chunk of mibbit users for a while.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm

That makes sense then, haha.

Got a lot of G-Line errors and a few Drone errors.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
deathsymphony

Postby deathsymphony » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:13 am

thanks for all tabs for the rock band 2, !!!!!!
Mark0086

Postby Mark0086 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 pm

hey i cant connect to mibbit or undernet.org, can anyone help please??
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 pm

what was it telling you. what sort of error? as that is often the big clue as to what is going on..
Without knowing what it's doing we cannot help you.
Symphony X \m/
Stefan_Alfons

Postby Stefan_Alfons » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Darn....I got the auto-wut kick, and now It tells me that it reached the limit of clones from my ip, so I cannot rejoin.
When the stars lose their fine
And night steals the morning away
Forever and a day
I will stay, I will stay here with you my love
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Stefan_Alfons wrote:Darn....I got the auto-wut kick, and now It tells me that it reached the limit of clones from my ip, so I cannot rejoin.

When you're kicked, you're not disconnected. To join the channel back simply type /join #fof-ff

But sometimes I think the chat room should be moved to another server. I've been using undernet for years myself without any real problem but it's definitely not really convenient for people connecting via the mibbit widget. I don't have another particular server to suggest, but maybe we can find one not bothered by mibbit.
just saying.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 pm

If Undernet were trashed, I'd definitely visit more often.

Whoever decided to go with Undernet needs to be shot.
Last edited by Lysdestic on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Through the Mibbit wiki, I just found an undernet server that seems to allow 250 Mibbit users at once. I've already updated our own mibbit page and it seems to work well.

Everyone, please test it out and report any problems: https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/mibbit.php :cool:
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 pm

I would but I can't join... Bad Username.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Lysdestic wrote:I would but I can't join... Bad Username.

Mibbit Wiki wrote:UnderNet allows 250 Mibbit Clients on irc.euro-transit.net. That server (Hamburg.DE.EU.undernet.org) doesn't like some hex-IP-idents: "Bad username". You have to try irc.undernet.org then.

* Basically, if you get in you are in, otherwise you get the Too many connections error.
* Undernet has their own (java) web client.

So stop using a hex-IP-ident! haha, I don't really know what that entails.
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Lysdestic wrote:If Undernet were trashed, I'd definitely visit more often.

Whoever decided to go with Undernet needs to be shot.

Then you will be pointing a gun at me...( and is a shooting really necessary for something as trivial as an internet chat server, Behave dude...) Not to sound like an ass, but if it came to the choice of Not having to move servers or having you in the channel a bit more frequently, then id choose the Not having to move every time as its a lot less hassle. ( i meant the hassle of moving, not you hassling me )

Originally when we opened we didn't even know about mibbit so its not like we could take it into consideration when i chose which servers to go for, we expected most people to use a proper irc client or failing that the undernet web based client, it was after a few days that someone pointed out there were other options
*** After just looking back at the pages it was Raph who pointed out mibbit, a good 6 months after we had already opened ( so it would be a little hard to anticipate that when we chose what server to use)

IF ( and thats a very big if ) we was to move servers they wouldn't go to somewhere like efnet or dalnet or one of those other really big servers. We have had a few scrapes here and there but nothing compared to what you can find on those servers ( also you get a lot of people kinda like raptor on them :blink: ). so we would probably go to a smaller quieter place if anything. But the smaller ones usually have less server locations.

But untill that happens ( if it ever does ) if you can't connect using mibbit then you will have to use one of the other options.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”