Where can I get Foxix 4.0

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Call me Fast Fingers
maddog743

Where can I get Foxix 4.0

Postby maddog743 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:27 am

Where can i get fofix 4?
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes, but you mustn't ask Stupid Questions or make stupid mistakes

The tux power
Borisdsp

Re: Where can I get Foxix 4.0

Postby Borisdsp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 am

You cant, yet
Team Meteorito Official Member
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:12 pm

The SVN is on the FoFiX google code page. You'll have to compile it as it's incomplete and no binaries are available yet.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:40 pm

maddog743 wrote:Where can i get fofix 4?

Please read the stickies.
Borisdsp wrote:You cant, yet

See above.
Davidrawr wrote:The SVN is on the FoFiX google code page. You'll have to compile it as it's incomplete and no binaries are available yet.

Ditto.

Everyone here would benefit from a little less misinformation. Things change a lot.. the standard answers from last year just don't apply any more.
Please keep yourself up to date on this kind of thing if you insist on answering questions like this one. Thanks :thumbup:
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02 pm

fofix 4.0 doesn't exist yet, so you can't get it (read the stickies).

you can try the development version by compiling the .svn here

edit: i thought you needed git now
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Davidrawr and slantyr: FoFiX SVN is obsolete and no longer updated. The latest development code is in Git now.

As fuzion said, let's not misinform new users who are looking for information on running the latest code.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Pro Rock Band
RinuX

Postby RinuX » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 am

I don't want to be insulting but this topic show us that there is a real communication issue from you, the developers !
Personnaly, I try to stay up to date with this site http://code.google.com/p/fofix/ and for me it's not too hard, but it's not enough, it happens that I feel... lost !
I think that foreigner (like me) don't want to read all the text in english even if they understand english (approximately), so imagine when they don't speak a word of english.

I know what you'll think :
"he's funny, we already made a IRC channel, a dedicated website, clear stickies...etc"
"they have to fend themself about english, google translate exists !"
but I think (since your "product" is quite famous) you have to think more like companies and do not hesitate "to invade us" with informations (just the main info about release, where download actual version...)
in brief you have to inform the consumer (who here, is a user), not let him to search info, even if they are very helped. TO BRING HIM INFO as do firms.

I hope you understand what I mean, do not take it badly and consider another (more) way(s) to inform us.
(I'd like to say that I would be really happy to help you with that if I can be useful)

---- RinuX ----

Return to “FoFiX”