Have you ever wondered...

Everything else in here
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Re: Have you ever wondered...

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 pm

The whole thought of death. I have panic attacks constantly because I don't have a religion and want to believe in something before I die. Death is my biggest fear. But it's not just that. Just saying "blackness" after you die gets me thinking. I want there to be something after death. Not just blackness.
Can we get this forum going again?
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm

You can't force yourself to believe in some random religion just so you're safe when you die.
I'm guessing a lot of religions would damn you to hell for that.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 pm

I wouldn't force myself. A lot of people go to a religion to get a spiritual experience, and have a testimony that the church is true. I have been to church, and have never had a spiritual experience. But to think that everything that you know and have ever know is gone when you die. Nothing in the universe exists anymore to you. You're dead. But if you are dead and there is nothing, you wouldn't even know that you are dead, so all of my anxiety is pointless. But then why do I have anxiety? Because I want a religion.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 pm

This line of conversation is creating paradoxes. But yeah.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Well, this is how I feel.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 pm

I'll be honest. I feel the same way (minus the religion). I'm not religious because I don't believe that there is any one way to view things.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Everyone knows that you take a ride on the soul train down to Minnesota where you spend the rest of your death digging for gold.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:26 pm

When you die you just pass on. You're no more. You cease to be. Bereft of life, you rest in peace. Your metabolic process is history. You kick the bucket, hop the twig, bite the dust, snuff it, breathe your last and go meet your maker. You are an ex-you.
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 am

When i first saw this thread i was like "oh great.... another pointless slashfan thread", although i must admit the conversation here is interesting and i am glad slashfan posted :tongue:

All the conversation here reminded me of an excellent movie about this subject. This movie is very creepy, and very awesome. Its not a horror movie cause its not actually "scary". Like i said, its just creepy.

Although, Qwedge....
Qwedgeonline wrote:The whole thought of death. I have panic attacks constantly because I don't have a religion and want to believe in something before I die. Death is my biggest fear. But it's not just that. Just saying "blackness" after you die gets me thinking. I want there to be something after death. Not just blackness.

......................dont watch this if you have a fear of Death. This will not help it i GUARANTEE you lol.

But for anyone else who's interested about life after death (in a non-religious way), then this movie is a must see.
Yeah, thats one thing that separates this movie from the others. There is NOTHING about religion in it. No heaven, no hell.

Anyways, its called Flatliners. It was on tv yesterday, but alas, i seem to be addicted to the intrawebs so i didnt watch it again =P

Trailer:

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099582/

IMDB gives it kinda a low rating, but id give it 8 or 9 out of 10.

Slashfan, since you started this thread with your curiosity about this subject of life after death, im going to tell you that this movie is a must see for you.

Spoiler:

<RedShadow>: ADD Adumbshlt, A Dork Amak Adorkdork dorkdork=Nickolodeon=Nickelodeon

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Lol, I am afarid of death =P, however, I'm also obsessed with it. Does that make sense?

My Song Thread
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Perfect sense. Im the same way. Even though i kind of am looking forward to death.....

Now tell me how THAT makes sense!

Spoiler:

<RedShadow>: ADD Adumbshlt, A Dork Amak Adorkdork dorkdork=Nickolodeon=Nickelodeon

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Lol, that doesn't make any! Why would you WANT to die? Sure I've had thoughts of suicide, but I remember how much I love life and I forget the nasty thoughts.

I am scared of death, however, I think its really cool. Like I dress like a Grim Reaper (black hoodie, exremely baggy and dark clothes, and a chain necklace) and I use skulls and stuff like that everywhere. It's wierd.

My Song Thread
ADeadlierSnake

Postby ADeadlierSnake » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

I dress like a grim reaper too....... on halloween. Lol. I just wear jeans and a t shirt most times. Although my CoB t shirts have the grim reaper on them, which i love.

But yeah, Death is pretty cool. Lol.

Spoiler:

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm

What just happened to this thread?

Slashfan, go see a therapist.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:12 pm

crazy.neo wrote:When you die, your brain stops functioning. Thus, you can't imagine how it is to die, because your brain has never stopped functioning, and even if theoretically it did, you would not know it since the brain hadn't experienced it in the first place (since it was not functioning). So, don't even try to imagine it because you can't. Being asleep is not a good comparison because the brain registers a lot of activity during sleep, and you are experiencing things. Even if you do not realize or remember it, your brain does.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Return to “Off-Topic”