Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

What do you think is going to be better Rock Band 3 or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Rock Band 3 is going to destroy GH :Warriors of Rock
38%
I'm getting both
21%
I don't care
10%
GH: Warriors of Rock, GH is always gonna be better than Rock Band
31%

Total votes: 182
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Postby neostriker73 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm getting Rock Band 3, this is just to see who wants what :P. Rock Band 3 is going to have pro mode, which is really realistic and an epic setlist, and I think Rock Band 2 is already good, can't wait for Rock Band 3! (Even though full set is $400 :P)
Last edited by neostriker73 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Rock Band 3, or GH:Warriors of Rock?

Postby amak11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Your poll doesnt have the option of both. You cant choose between 2 games that have great music. Im getting both
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:15 pm

I can choose because guitar hero sucks
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't think GH is or has always been better than RB but I'm looking forward to the new GH more then RB3
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Eh hem.

Umm, excuse me, sir? This is your friendly neighborhood pretentious self-appointed mod. Please lock this thread, thanks.

No seriously, this thread is bad news. This won't get to the 2nd page without someone crying.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Tormann71's Brother
mrstuprigge

Postby mrstuprigge » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 pm

well said aander

and the poll options are dumb (not to mention the typo in the third). i think gh6 and rb3 are both going to be amazing games, but in different ways.

ImageImageImageImageImage

53 Songs! (Newest: Chiodos, The Memorials, Tera Melos, Defeater)

ImageImage
Underoath - Define The Great Line Full Album WIP (6/11 songs complete)
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:58 pm

RB is going to have awesome features while GH will hopefully be more challenging.
COUNTERPOINT

Tormann71's Brother
mrstuprigge

Postby mrstuprigge » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:15 pm

aander91 wrote:RB is going to have awesome features while GH will hopefully be more challenging.

the only thing that sucks is that a lot of the awesome features require you to spend a ton of money. luckily i already have an electronic drumset and a keyboard so i can do pro drums and pro keys when they release the midi cable for xbox :tongue:

and gh6 will probably have me grinding for 5* like the good old gh3 days.

ImageImage
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:18 pm

aander91 wrote:RB is going to have awesome features while GH will hopefully be more challenging.

I would say RB will be more challenging because there will be a mode where you get a guitar with, what was it, over 100 buttons? Yeah.

And also GH huge hitwindows and sliders = everything is easy
Tormann71's Brother
mrstuprigge

Postby mrstuprigge » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 pm

vedicardi wrote:

I would say RB will be more challenging because there will be a mode where you get a guitar with, what was it, over 100 buttons? Yeah.

yeah, that's pro mode. but are you really going to spend $150+ for one of those guitars?

and yeah, the timing window in gh is way bigger, but they aren't using the sliders near as much. the tapping towards the beginning of fury of the storm (about as fast as ttfaf intro) is just charted as regular hopos.

ImageImage
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I don't plan on doing Pro anything but drums, but I meant that the focus for GH will be difficulty (according to them at least). To be honest through, if I'm going to play an insane chart, I'd rather play it in GH3 than RB. I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at guitar, but sometimes I just think it's more fun to be able to bullsht solos than to be dropping when you think you are hitting it.
COUNTERPOINT

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:17 pm

mrstuprigge wrote:
vedicardi wrote:

yeah, that's pro mode. but are you really going to spend $150+ for one of those guitars?

and yeah, the timing window in gh is way bigger, but they aren't using the sliders near as much. the tapping towards the beginning of fury of the storm (about as fast as ttfaf intro) is just charted as regular hopos.

I think them charting ACTUAL tapping as HO/POs just shows how bad they are at charting. they did the same thing with a bunch of solos in GH:M (making them tapping when they clearly aren't visa versa).

And if I have the money or think it's worth it, I think Pro instruments (only the real fender) would be a good investment.

-- Edit: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:19 pm --

aander91 wrote:I don't plan on doing Pro anything but drums, but I meant that the focus for GH will be difficulty (according to them at least). To be honest through, if I'm going to play an insane chart, I'd rather play it in GH3 than RB. I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at guitar, but sometimes I just think it's more fun to be able to bullsht solos than to be dropping when you think you are hitting it.

then it's not really difficulty that you're looking for, it's feeling like you're good at the game when in reality you could be just running your hand up and down every button on the neck and still be doing great.

Also we've already seen a TON of overcharts from the few GH6 chart previews out there. By difficulty they mean our charting ideology is just getting worse.

I mean back in the day they made overcharts because they didn't know what they're doing, but now they are purposely overcharting because for some reason they think artificial difficulty = fun.

I can't stand overcharts. With RB you get one or two overcharts for like one riff out of ever 40 songs or so, but with GH it's literally every other song is overcharted
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm

vedi likes undercharts though, right?
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 pm

@Vedicardi, 1 problem, Neversoft hasnt charted a single song for GHWoR. Vicarious Visions is handling the on-disc setlist, while Beenox is handling DLC. Those statements you made are based on your fanboyism for RB. Your first response to me will probly be something along the line that i am a GH fanboy and that i fail as a charter because i cant see an overchart to save my life
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:47 pm

amak11 wrote:@Vedicardi, 1 problem, Neversoft hasnt charted a single song for GHWoR. Vicarious Visions is handling the on-disc setlist, while Beenox is handling DLC.

Although it still stands that GH is overcharted, no matter who you say is fretting what
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra

Return to “Other Music Games”