Inception

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
warhol

Inception

Postby warhol » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:59 am

I saw it. I jizzed in mah pants.

Anybody else watch it? If so, what're your takes on the ending? Mine is:

Spoiler:Cobb told Saito to shoot himself and they'll both be throttled back into the real world, but instead Saito shot Cobb. Cobb was sent into the limbo within the limbo and he thought he woke up, and when he spun the totem, he didn't stay around to see if it would stop spinning or not, so yeah. He didn't wake up

OR

Spoiler:The whole movie was a dream and his wife was right. Since the totem wasn't his in the first place, he could subconsciously make it spin or stop spinning at will.

http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Re: Inception

Postby jdawg » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 am

Inception is one of the best movies i've seen in a long time.

Spoiler:I just think that they didn't show what happened to cobb, which makes the ending more epic. I seriously said in the theater "Fvck my life" when it ended. lolol

Ions are here, amazang
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 am

warhol wrote:Anybody else watch it? If so, what're your takes on the ending? Mine is:

Spoiler:Cobb told Saito to shoot himself and they'll both be throttled back into the real world, but instead Saito shot Cobb. Cobb was sent into the limbo within the limbo and he thought he woke up, and when he spun the totem, he didn't stay around to see if it would stop spinning or not, so yeah. He didn't wake up

That doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:Limbo is a shared state so if Saito had shot Cobb then Cobb would have returned to reality and Saito would have stayed and turned his brains into pudding in reality. They killed themselves in limbo and returned to the so called reality.

googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 pm

warhol wrote:I saw it. I jizzed in mah pants.

I always knew you where a dude.. :wink:

Good use of spoilers guys, i'm looking forward to this film.. and not a single bit was given away, hehe. :2thumbsup:
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Sounds like mind****. I like this.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Awesome movie.

Spoiler:It didn't actually make sense to me, the end part. Because if they die in the dream then they die in real life. But I guess when you get to limbo, then if you die then you return to the previous dream level? Since we don't know how long it took Cobb to find Saito, we don't really know if Cobb got him in time to still be alive in the 1st level where he was drowning, but I'm sure he did. Cobb looked like he hasn't aged a whole lot, yet Saito does - but thats easily explained because he has been in limbo for much longer. So in actualitiy, he should have woken up in the 1st level where he was drowning, because he stayed there for 5 minutes after everyone else woke up, thats like 18 years in limbo. So he should have woken up in 5 minutes on the first level.

But what I got from the movie was - if you're stuck in a dream, keep killing yourself. Eventually you'll reach limbo, and when you kill yourself then, then you'll come back to the real world. That part didn't make sense to me.

I don't know if I really explained myself correctly here, feel free to try and clarify lol.

Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Movie is amazing. My take on the ending is as follows:

Spoiler:Theory #1
They intentionally leave it open so that the viewer can decide for himself whether Cobb got out or not, and so that the viewer can decide what's a dream and what's reality.

Theory #2
They show the top spinning for a long time to symbolize Cobb finally obtaining his dream of being reunited with his family.

And @ Italianstal1ion:

Spoiler:If they die in the dream, they don't die in real life, they wake up. Think about it - if you have a dream, and you die in that dream, you don't die in real life, you wake up. Same with Inception. They established that in the first scene, when cobb shoots... whatever the other dude's name is to wake him up.

Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Awesome movie! Watched it last week.

Spoiler:That thing was totally going to fall. When he spun it before in his dream it never swayed at all. Thus I conclude swaying=falling.

I Want You Inside Me
LedfortheHead

Postby LedfortheHead » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Nolan should hurry up and finish Batman 3 so he can continue to work on superior original movies like this one.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 pm

tibiazak wrote:And @ Italianstal1ion:

Spoiler:If they die in the dream, they don't die in real life, they wake up. Think about it - if you have a dream, and you die in that dream, you don't die in real life, you wake up. Same with Inception. They established that in the first scene, when cobb shoots... whatever the other dude's name is to wake him up.

yeah but

Spoiler:Yeah but remember that they would die in real life because of the sedatives they were on! Thats why they went to limbo in the first place was because they died in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level of the dream and were on the sedatives.

Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

warhol

Postby warhol » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 pm

@Kotti,

Spoiler:Because of the sedatives, being shot in dream state has a chance of bringing the person into limbo instead of waking up

@sensay,
Girls can jizz in their pants. And pretty much everybody I know (Even trannies) jizzed their pants for this movie xD
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Actually warhol, let me fix that...

Spoiler:the sedatives were so strong that they COULDN'T wake up, since the sedatives were still in effect. "Limbo", is just a dream-state that is so close to the subconscious that a ludicrous amount of dream-time passes for each real-time moment. If they died in the dream and couldn't wake up, they'd get thrown, effectively, into their own subconscious and remain there until the effects of the sedatives wore off - a matter of years as they perceive it - and during this time they could go completely insane (or, in my theory, if they died in their subconscious, i.e. of old age, their brains would actually shut down in reality).

Also, I thought this was an interesting take on the ending: Kotaku
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:20 am

Just saw it tonight. Glad there's still someone making awesome movies and valuing the concept of plot.

Ending:

Spoiler:I didn't really see much that could qualify as debatable in the last few scenes to be honest. Although I was expecting the last shot with the top to end with his wife's hand stopping it.

COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 am

Tibs, not going against anything you're saying, I'd like to point out that:

Spoiler:I believe that you can stil wake up from limbo if you are tipped over in the real world, or etc. Just a little question, too. Why is it that the wife and Cobb tried to kill themselves in the limbo?

Btw, does anybody think my second theory (on the first post) is plausible? Since:

Spoiler:I was able to interpret the movie in such a way that
-He could will the totem to fall or spin according to what he thinks is reality and dreaming
-Since in every shot of when the wife and Cobb wake up, it's just the wife waking up. I could infer that she immediately went back to Cobb's dream and Cobb was dreaming that they were awake in their room. So the wife was actually correct in killing herself, releasing herself from dream world

tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

Warhol, in regards to point 1:

Spoiler:They could only wake up from limbo by being tipped in the real world if their sedative had worn off. The point was that their sedatives were too strong to allow them to wake up under any circumstances except the time elapsing. Also, he and his wife tried to kill themselves in limbo the first time to escape (because they hadn't actually taken a sedative. what happened was that they went too far down into dreams-within-dreams and had started living in limbo waiting for the machine to wake them up.)

Your second theory...

Spoiler:Is completely plausible. Personally, I dislike it on the grounds that I want Cobb to be right and awake at the end of the movie, but it's plausible - at least the second part is. The first part is implausible based on the fact that it would have to be Cobb's dream for him to do that - if it was a dream-within-a-dream, it wouldn't work... unless every other character in the entire movie is simply a projection, which would cause it to be Cobb's dream by extension of everyone being part of his subconscious.

Return to “Off-Topic”