FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Starved Cannibal
j0shuakane

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.01 (100% success rate)

Postby j0shuakane » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

thank you for still updating this!

even thought i still cant get it to work...
"Man finds freedom the moment he loses sight of what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee
6jacs9

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.01 (100% success rate)

Postby 6jacs9 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Thank
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.1 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Updated to version 2.1. The most notable change in this release is added support for importing synchronized lyrics from an MP3 file (if the ID3 tag has them). MiniLyrics, Windows Media Player and various other editors and audio players allow people to embed lyrics into MP3 files, so if you happen to have such an MP3 file, you can extract the lyrics. I don't have a large number of these kinds of files, so I can't test very many, but I did test one that I created from MiniLyrics, and it looks like it's working. Please send me any MP3 files that fail to import so I can troubleshoot.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.1 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Updated to version 2.1. The most notable change in this release is added support for importing synchronized lyrics from an MP3 file (if the ID3 tag has them). MiniLyrics, Windows Media Player and various other editors and audio players allow people to embed lyrics into MP3 files, so if you happen to have such an MP3 file, you can extract the lyrics. I don't have a large number of these kinds of files, so I can't test very many, but I did test one that I created from MiniLyrics, and it looks like it's working. Please send me any MP3 files that fail to import so I can troubleshoot.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.2 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Updated to version 2.2. A couple fixes, but the major change is the ability to export synchronized lyrics to an MP3 file's ID3 tag. Syllable-synced lyric export is tested and working with MiniLyrics (although MiniLyrics appears to have a bug where such lyrics scroll as line-synced until you open and close MiniLyric's lyric editor. I have contacted the program's support to report this).
bokan

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.3 (100% success rate)

Postby bokan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Hey, thanks raynebc for a great program! I have a question about it though. Is there a parameter I can set so that I don't get pound signs after every word?

Thanks
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 pm

What type of conversion are you performing? The pound signs are forced if you are exporting pitchless/freestyle lyrics to MIDI format, because that is a requirement of the format. If you remove the freestyle characters, the game will force you to sing whatever pitch is defined and will likely make for a bad vocal chart. If you just want scrolling lyrics, then FoF should not be displaying the pound characters, you may want to bring that to the developers' attention.
yodino

Postby yodino » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am

Help please:

When I start the conversion process - everything's fine except for a warning: Input vocal pitches are outside Harmonix's defined range of [36,84] Correcting

I then rename the resulting midi and put it in the song's folder in FoFiX. The problem is when I fire the program up and try to play the song, it says it's missing guitar and drum parts (which I have in my chart)

When I open up the file in anvil, it only has 1 track, the Part Vocals track. the other tracks are missing. What's wrong?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 am

By default, it will only export the vocal track. To keep your vocals, you have to provide your instrument chart, something like this:
FoFLyricConvert -in ustar vox.txt -out midi chart.mid chartwithvox.mid

The warning just means that your input file has pitches outside the range of 36-84, which are the only pitches that can be defined in Rock Band charts. The converter changes the octaves of notes outside that range to make them work.
bokan

Postby bokan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:12 pm

I am doing pitchless VL file + notes.mid to notes_lyrics.mid, essentially. The lyrics are not supposed to be sung, just displayed. This worked great 6 or 7 months ago with the fofix and lyricconvert versions that were current then. Now, the old midi files show up fine (no pound signs), but anything new I export has them. Could I change this manually in the file? (with notepad or somesuch). Conversely I suppose I could define a meaningless pitch for everything, since no one is supposed to song it anyway.
Thanks!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.31 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:46 pm

I read on the FoFiX bug tracker that they had fixed it so the game wouldn't display vocal modifiers like the pound sign. Which version of FoF do you experience the problem with? I could probably add a parameter to exclude freestyle notational characters just so they display nicely in versions of FoF that aren't fixed. This would, however, produce a vocal track that won't correctly score as freestyle when it is sung.

Regarding the warning about the pitch range, please confirm which version of the converter you're using, as I cannot recreate the input pitch warning when importing a VL file. You can get the program to report the version number by using verbose or debug logging, although you'll usually need to redirect the text output to a file so that you can actually read it, ie:

Code: Select all

FoFLyricConvert -in vl file.vl -out notes.mid noteswithvox.mid -verbose>debugfile.txt

Theoretically, this pitch range message could only be given when importing a pitched lyric file (ie. UltraStar, KAR, MIDI). I examined the code again, and I can't determine that it would be possible to get this message when importing a VL file. If you can still recreate the problem as you indicated, I may need you to send me the VL file so I can try to recreate the issue.

Edit: Updated to version 2.31, which has a couple of enhancements, including a new parameter to skip the addition of freestyle characters during MIDI export.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.32 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:37 am

Updated to version 2.32. Tons of enhancements and fixes, especially with the detection logic. ID3v1 support is added, as is the ability to import lyrics from a Rock Band Audition file, for those of you that have such things. Windows/DOS build is in the first post. The Mac build may or may not become available, depending on whether I can get any volunteers to compile it for me on a Mac.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”