Jukebox Mode - GH5

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Jukebox Mode - GH5

Postby guitarfreak93 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 am

Is it possible to make it like GH5's? I'd want it to scan every nook and cranny of your choice directory, so if you hear... I don't know let's say Smoke On The Water and then right after hear Highway Star and you have them in two completely different sections. It would make it so you could have it running constantly like if you have friends over and your playing 360 or something and then if its not their turn or w/e they can just walk up and start playing, and have it the yellow button for any settings either keyboard guitar, guitar controller, keyboard drums or the start button on the microphone controller.

Here is an example from GH5:
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Re: Jukebox Mode - GH5

Postby aander91 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:40 pm

iTunes?
Songbird?
WMP?
Take your pick.

Then if you want to play just boot up the game. It takes about 3 seconds to open it for me.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:23 pm

I think that Jukebox thing is a little pointless, if there is a song you have then just open iTunes or windows media player. if there is a song you don't have just youtube it, no point in booting a game through like minutes of loading just to listen to a song.
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:03 am

Altho it is playing music constantly its not actually a jukebox mode. its a "jump in /jump out mode " Which does have its uses..
The first time we played full band on GH5 it was good, coz the one guy got a phone call half way through a song so rather than having to pause the game and we all wait for him, he just "jumped out" and we all carried on playing. then a few songs later, i stopped drumming and left to go make a coffee, half way though a song.

Which is really handy if there are several of you all playing, coz you dont have to wait for everyone to be ready, you just go for it. but i think for single or even 2 player its a little pointless. Its really not much of a hassle when its just you and one other player and you have to wait a min or two.

And for the music playing side of things. why not do it the easy way.. ( pretty much like everyone else suggested ) load all your songs into winamp or WMP or some other music playing app AND load fof at the same time. Leave fof in a safe place. like on a menu where your not having music playing from a preview or anything. And then minimize it. Hit play on your music player... When you heard a song you like or think " yeah id like to play that " you dont have to worry about loading fof , coz its allready done. Just pause the music player, maximise fof and just navigate to that song. once you have finished playing. minimise again and just hit play on winamp.

You listen to music, you hear a song you like, you can instantly play it, then go back to just listening.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:08 am

well yea, I only play by myself when I finish one of my charts and need to test an instrument. Other than that I have 3 brothers all 25 or lower so we play it all the time. If making a Jump in/Jump out mode would be terribly hard then it's okay but if wouldn't be much trouble then it would be awesome if it could be added to 4.0.0

Return to “Thoughts ?”