FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
DesertDiamond

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby DesertDiamond » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 am

Italo_Hellboy wrote:with the r1859 my POV in RockBand2 theme is much distant and when I change the POV in menu don't change in game

i don't know but i can't take screenshot (i think is because of Win7)

i use RockBand POV

The easiest fix is to roll your SVN back, i.e. r1777. :wink:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:55 pm

alparbal wrote:Is fretsonfire.ini useless with the latest version?

I somehow missed this post before... If by "latest version" you mean 3.120 (beta, RC, whatever), then yeah, it's called fofix.ini now. Just rename your fretsonfire.ini to fofix.ini
chimpy

Postby chimpy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey trinidude4,

I'm currently using your (I think) OS X port of FoFiX 3.100 from the Google Code site. It's working perfectly apart from some random lag issues in the new GH3 theme (which I put down to the fact that that theme needs 3.120). That brings me to my main problem:

I've been following your instructions which detail compiling FoFiX from source, and installing the dependencies via macports. There's a problem when it comes to the building of libsdl (needed for py25-game). It seems that the current libsdl is incompatible with Snow Leopard as one of the classes was deprecated in 10.5, and has now been removed altogether in 10.6. Do you think you could propose a solution for that (FYI, here is a thread about that: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20235)? Or is it possible that you could upload FoFiX 3.120 RC1?

Lastly, how exactly do you give pitchbend.so a try? As a guess I tried replacing the original pitchblend.so in Frets on Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/pygame with the pitchblend.so from your download, but pitchblend in-game still reverted to killswitch. I notice you mention a site-packages directory, but I don't have this. All I have is "site-packages.zip" within the "python2.5" directory. Am I supposed to unzip this, add in pitchblend.so and then re-zip?

Thanks for the help, and thanks to everyone for making FoFiX up to what it is atm :biggrin:
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 am

chimpy wrote:Hey trinidude4,

I'm currently using your (I think) OS X port of FoFiX 3.100 from the Google Code site. It's working perfectly apart from some random lag issues in the new GH3 theme (which I put down to the fact that that theme needs 3.120). That brings me to my main problem:

I've been following your instructions which detail compiling FoFiX from source, and installing the dependencies via macports. There's a problem when it comes to the building of libsdl (needed for py25-game). It seems that the current libsdl is incompatible with Snow Leopard as one of the classes was deprecated in 10.5, and has now been removed altogether in 10.6. Do you think you could propose a solution for that (FYI, here is a thread about that: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20235)? Or is it possible that you could upload FoFiX 3.120 RC1?

Lastly, how exactly do you give pitchbend.so a try? As a guess I tried replacing the original pitchblend.so in Frets on Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/pygame with the pitchblend.so from your download, but pitchblend in-game still reverted to killswitch. I notice you mention a site-packages directory, but I don't have this. All I have is "site-packages.zip" within the "python2.5" directory. Am I supposed to unzip this, add in pitchblend.so and then re-zip?

Thanks for the help, and thanks to everyone for making FoFiX up to what it is atm :biggrin:

I uploaded versions of FoFiX 3.120 RC1 and links are on the main FoFiX Google Code page. Were you looking for a version particularly for Snow Leopard (64-bit)? If you are, I was trying to build a 64-bit version but stopped for now. I'm currently trying to build an environment on a Tiger virtual machine to try and get back ppc support after I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I was able to compile some ppc stuff while on Snow Leopard, but it is just too difficult and impossible in some cases.

For the pitchbend module, it should be included in any of the binaries I posted inside the site-packages.zip. You will need to paste it into your site-packages directory if you are trying to run the game from source. If you installed python2.5 from macports, the site-packages directory is in /opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages. If you are playing around with the binaries and wanted to replace modules, you will have to unzip the site-packages directory and then rezip it.
chimpy

Postby chimpy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks for that, trinidude.

I don't particularly want/need a 64-bit version of the 3.120 RC, I just want a binary distribution.

Unfortunately, I must be going blind... I've trawled through the Google Code pages and I can't find any links for a Mac OS X version of 3.120 RC1. On the main page, all I see are links to 3.100. And I checked your profile page and I couldn't see it amongst any of things you've committed... in fact, it says you haven't committed anything since 31/05/2009. So I'm confused. Please excuse my noobiness; it's the first time I've used Google Code.

edit

Nevermind. I got it from the last MF link in your sig. Thanks :smile:
ixdvc

Postby ixdvc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 am

Since I have upgraded to RC1 (py2.4) the game crashes always when I want to load a song with more than one music file. Now I upgraded to latest SVN r1861 and the problem ist still there. But when I copy the files from r1861 to the beta 2 (py2.4) folder, erverything works fine. But then it says "Beta 2" in the credits and the hit-window which is set to standard with RC1 (same fresh RC1 fofix.ini) has also changed to tightest, I think.
Is it still beta 2 although I copied all the files from r1861 to the directory? And what can I do to solve the problems?

Greets, ixdvc
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:49 pm

ixdvc wrote:Since I have upgraded to RC1 (py2.4) the game crashes always when I want to load a song with more than one music file. Now I upgraded to latest SVN r1861 and the problem ist still there. But when I copy the files from r1861 to the beta 2 (py2.4) folder, erverything works fine. But then it says "Beta 2" in the credits and the hit-window which is set to standard with RC1 (same fresh RC1 fofix.ini) has also changed to tightest, I think.
Is it still beta 2 although I copied all the files from r1861 to the directory? And what can I do to solve the problems?

Greets, ixdvc

if you got the files off of the svn they are not complied into binary's all the svn is is the source code so if you copied the svn files into the beta 2 directory it will not do anything but replace the images and files other than the files the game runs from
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:16 am

I have the same problem with multi-track audio songs. I decided to get the Python 2.4 RC1 to see if it performed better than the Python 2.6 SVN version I'm also running (it does). However, it refuses to play any songs with master tracks. There are no relevant messages in the log, but here it is anyway:

Spoiler:(D) Checking MIDI output ports for a wavetable or synth for sound generation...
(D) MIDI output port count = 1
(D) MIDI Output port 0 found: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
(D) GameEngine class init (GameEngine.py)...
(D) FoFiX v3.120 RC 1 starting up...
(D) pygame version: 1.9.1release-svn2575
(D) Initializing audio.
(D) Audio configuration: (44100, -16, 2)
(D) Initializing pygame.mixer & audio system at 44100 Hz.
(D) Initializing video.
(D) Compiling shader "stage" from data\shaders\lightning.vert and data\shaders\lightning.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "sololight" from data\shaders\lightning.vert and data\shaders\lightning.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "tail" from data\shaders\lightning.vert and data\shaders\lightning.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "tail2" from data\shaders\rockbandtail.vert and data\shaders\rockbandtail.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "notes" from data\shaders\metal.vert and data\shaders\metal.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "neck" from data\shaders\neck.vert and data\shaders\neck.frag.
(D) Compiling shader "cd" from data\shaders\cd.vert and data\shaders\cd.frag.
(D) 1 joysticks found.
(W) No MIDI input ports found.
(D) 9 guitscw sounds found in themes\Rock Band 2\sounds: guitscw1.ogg - guitscw9.ogg
(D) 8 bassscw sounds found in themes\Rock Band 2\sounds: bassscw1.ogg - bassscw8.ogg
(D) 8 drumscw sounds found in sounds: drumscw1.ogg - drumscw8.ogg
(D) 10 accept sounds found in themes\Rock Band 2\sounds: accept1.ogg - accept10.ogg
(D) 9 guitscw sounds found in themes\Rock Band 2\sounds: guitscw1.ogg - guitscw9.ogg
(W) Rock Band 2\soundsattleused.ogg not found -- using staractive.ogg instead.
(W) Rock Band 2\sounds
escue.ogg not found -- using staractivate.ogg instead.
(W) Rock Band 2\sounds\coopfail.ogg not found -- using stardeactivate.ogg instead
(D) Default animated stage for Rock Band 2 theme = Normal
(D) Ready.
(D) View: Push: MainMenu
(D) View: Push: Menu
(D) Option text / selected hex colors: #FFFFFF / #FFBF00
(D) Option text / selected colors: (1.0, 1.0, 1.0) / (1.0, 0.74901960784313726, 0.0)
(D) View: Push: SettingsMenu
(D) View: Pop: Menu
(D) Quickset Gameplay - Manual
(D) Quickset Performance - Manual
(D) View: Pop: SettingsMenu
(D) View: Push: ControlActivator
(D) View: Pop: ControlActivator
(D) Starting server.
(D) Connecting to host 127.0.0.1.
(D) View: Pop all
(D) View: Pop: MainMenu
(D) View: Pop: MainMenu
(D) Session #1 connected.
(D) View: Push: Lobby
(D) Connected as session #1.
(D) 1 phrases taught.
(D) 2 phrases taught.
(D) Learned about World.CreatePlayer, 1 phrases now known.
(D) 1 phrases taught.
(D) Learned about World.PlayerJoined, 1 phrases now known.
(D) Learned about World.StartGame, 2 phrases now known.
(D) 2 phrases taught.
(D) 3 phrases taught.
(D) 4 phrases taught.
(D) 5 phrases taught.
(D) Learned about World.GameStarted, 2 phrases now known.
(D) View: Pop: Lobby
(D) Learned about World.SceneCreated, 3 phrases now known.
(D) Song select submenu position tuple: (0.19500000000000001, 0.085000000000000006)
(D) Learned about World.EnterScene, 4 phrases now known.
(D) Learned about World.SceneEntered, 5 phrases now known.
(D) View: Push: SongChoosingSceneClient
(D) Songlist artist colors: (0.25098039215686274, 0.50196078431372548, 1.0) / (0.25098039215686274, 0.50196078431372548, 1.0)
(D) song_cd_xpos found: None
(D) song_cdscore_xpos found: None
(D) song_list_xpos found: 0.12
(D) song_listscore_xpos found: 0.8
(D) song_listcd_cd_xpos found: 0.78
(D) song_listcd_cd_ypos found: 0.615
(D) song_listcd_score_xpos found: 0.6
(D) song_listcd_score_ypos found: 0.515
(D) song_listcd_list_xpos found: 0.1
(D) Dialogs.loadCollection() function call...
(D) View: Push: LoadingSplashScreen
(D) Song.getAvailableLibraries function call...library = C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\FoF stuff\songs\Guitar Hero II
(D) Dialogs.libraryListLoaded() function call...
(D) Dialogs.py: Finished inserting blank spaces in self.songs.
(D) Dialogs.py: Finished filtering doubled blank spaces in self.songs.
(D) Dialogs.songListLoaded.
(

And by refuse I mean the executable crashes to desktop and gives me a nice message to contact the application's support team :tongue:
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Love the new version of Fofix - and by that I mean 3.120 Beta2 python 2.4
Very stable, runs great and looks great - nice improvements :2thumbsup:

In fact the only problem I've found is you can't quit out of song early by pressing esc.. just does nothing for me
Any version of python 2.6 I try is extremely slow, and RC1 doesn't play multi-track.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
KillerQ

Postby KillerQ » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 pm

homerrulz wrote:... you can't quit out of song early by pressing esc.. just does nothing for me

Homer...

Hit the spacebar (if that doesn't work, try CTRL). That should do it.

Let us know,

Matt!
I'm happy with my Ion Rocker kit and Roland KD-8 double bass kick trigger!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:51 pm

The "esc" button no longer pauses. The pause is defined by the "start" button in your controller configuration. I believe you can set it to "esc" now though.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Dang, should I tell fatboy or here? Since his code is official, I tell here, and his thread if necessary. I wonder why the textures for the RB 3D Notes are broken? Except for Overdrive notes, it comes out perfectly. Since the changes of the notes and fret buttons, this problem came out. And I don't see the fret buttons bend, why? Only the notes bend.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 pm

acrox999 wrote:Dang, should I tell fatboy or here? Since his code is official, I tell here, and his thread if necessary. I wonder why the textures for the RB 3D Notes are broken? Except for Overdrive notes, it comes out perfectly. Since the changes of the notes and fret buttons, this problem came out. And I don't see the fret buttons bend, why? Only the notes bend.

From what I understand, it's still being worked on and finalized (both on the code side by akedrou, and on the graphics side by fatdog).
Even though it might be a code issue, I'd suggest posting some screenshots in fatdog's thread as well. That way the 3D bugs are where the 3D discussion is happening.
gitaron

Postby gitaron » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:15 am

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FoFiX.py", line 38, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 86, in ?
File "Version.pyo", line 47, in version
File "win32api.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "win32api.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Nie można odnaleźć określonej procedury.

File "GameEngine.pyo", line 33, in ?
File "pygame\__init__.pyo", line 81, in ?
File "pygame\color.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "pygame\color.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: No module named colordict

My FoFix won't work, can someone help me ?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 am

gitaron wrote:
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 86, in ?
File "Version.pyo", line 47, in version
File "win32api.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "win32api.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Nie można odnaleźć określonej procedury.

File "GameEngine.pyo", line 33, in ?
File "pygame\__init__.pyo", line 81, in ?
File "pygame\color.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "pygame\color.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: No module named colordict

My FoFix won't work, can someone help me ?

Delete POWRPROF.dll under [Program Location Here]\FoFiX v3.120 RC1 (py2.6 gl3)\data folder. That answer is posted everywhere btw, I think even on the last page.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “FoFiX”