EOF, Sustained notes?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
charlesninja

EOF, Sustained notes?

Postby charlesninja » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 am

Checked around the forum a bit before I posted, if I missed something, my apologies.

I'm working on my first song, and through testing I learned how to make the doublepicking, and figured out that hammer-ons and pull-offs are made automatically.
One thing I can't figure out, are sustained notes.
I got almost all the way through the song, and ONE danged sustained note comes into the song.
-_-

If anyone can explain how to do this, and maybe give me a few more tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(I'm using the EOF editor)
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Re: EOF, Sustained notes?

Postby angellinus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 am

click note for sustain
use mouse wheel to extend the note length

---- EDIT ----

click note for sustain
use mouse wheel to extend the note length
charlesninja

Postby charlesninja » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 am

Thank you, I can now finish my song!
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 am

are you making a setlist?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:20 am

I need to know, how can I include unsustained notes in sustained chords without that particular note not trying to sustain?

I know that I can put notes between sustained chords if I press T, but in the case of sustained chords there is no way to differentiate.

it is a piano chart, there are chords (harmony) and unique notes (melody). if anyone knows how to help me I will be forever grateful.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 am

Gefolo wrote:I need to know, how can I include unsustained notes in sustained chords without that particular note not trying to sustain?

I know that I can put notes between sustained chords if I press T, but in the case of sustained chords there is no way to differentiate.

it is a piano chart, there are chords (harmony) and unique notes (melody). if anyone knows how to help me I will be forever grateful.

Can't you do disjointed chords by just toggling "crazy" notes? (or whatever it's called)

I only use moonscraper now so idk how it works on eof.
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Gefolo wrote:I need to know, how can I include unsustained notes in sustained chords without that particular note not trying to sustain?

It's a bit unorthodox, but... What I've done in the past is to make the notes follow each other so quickly, that it practically feels like a chord when you play it. Like this:
If you look carefully, the blue note is just a tiny bit later than the red-yellow chord.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Maupy2 wrote:

It's a bit unorthodox, but... What I've done in the past is to make the notes follow each other so quickly, that it practically feels like a chord when you play it. Like this:
If you look carefully, the blue note is just a tiny bit later than the red-yellow chord.

I have to warn you that the next version of Clone Hero will probably detect it as a broken chord and reject it.

(unless you don't care about CH,but still,I've seen some people playing your charts in CH)
Last edited by ONAONEMEU on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:55 pm

ONAONEMEU wrote:
Maupy2 wrote:

I have to warn you that the next version of Clone Hero will probably detect it as a broken chord and reject it.

(unless you don't care about CH,but still,I've seen some people playing your charts in CH)

What's so broken about that chord? Does CH not support 'crazy' notes? Why the NEXT version? Why are they breaking their own game?

so many questions.... CH is scary, I'll keep using PS, lol
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Maupy2 wrote:What's so broken about that chord? Does CH not support 'crazy' notes? Why the NEXT version? Why are they breaking their own game?

Isn't crazy notes just extended sustains? That should be fine.

It's mostly because there's a bunch of badly ripped Rock Band charts with those "broken chords",when a HOPO appears very quickly after a single note. Couldn't find what's the tolerance for that.

also,I found that EOF does have a disjointed chord function (might have been recently added,don't remember seeing that before) : https://i.ibb.co/p0tfcs8/image.png
Last edited by ONAONEMEU on Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:56 pm

ONAONEMEU wrote:
Maupy2 wrote:What's so broken about that chord? Does CH not support 'crazy' notes? Why the NEXT version? Why are they breaking their own game?

Isn't crazy notes just extended sustains? That should be fine.

It's mostly because there's a bunch of badly ripped Rock Band charts with those "broken chords",when a HOPO appears very quickly after a single note. Couldn't find what's the tolerance for that.

also,I found that EOF does have a disjointed chord function (might have been recently added,don't remember seeing that before) : https://i.ibb.co/p0tfcs8/image.png

Is it only for HO/POs? Because piano doesn't have those in the first place.

But cool!! My version doesn't have that function yet. :p But that says nothing because I update eof super irregularly, lol.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Maupy2 wrote:

this is the point, man, you practically did what I need to do, taking as an example what you did there, I want to put this blue note without sustain, understand? while the chord goes straight. how did you get this done?
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:02 am

Gefolo wrote:
Maupy2 wrote:

this is the point, man, you practically did what I need to do, taking as an example what you did there, I want to put this blue note without sustain, understand? while the chord goes straight. how did you get this done?

I zoomed in a bit for you.
As you can see, it's not a real chord. You can just click the blue note and scroll down to make it shorter. You do have to make sure the 'Crazy' function is turned on for the red-yellow chord, though! But if it's a Keys chart, it'll automatically be turned on.

(By the way, if you want to look at it yourself, you can download this chart too. It's Black Rail by MY FIRST STORY - link to the MY FIRST STORY thread is in my signature.)
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:31 pm

As mentioned, EOF has a dedicated "disjoint" status that lets you alter each note in a chord individually (ie. different lengths). Just update to the latest hotfix and you should be able to use it. Once you apply disjoint status to a chord, you can mouse over whichever gem in a chord you want to alter, and click it to be able to change the length of that one gem, leaving the rest of the chord as-is. You can give a gem different statuses than the rest of the chord has, but depending on the scenario it may not export to MIDI in a usable way or it just may not work in Clone Hero.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:27 pm

raynebc wrote:As mentioned, EOF has a dedicated "disjoint" status that lets you alter each note in a chord individually (ie. different lengths). Just update to the latest hotfix and you should be able to use it. Once you apply disjoint status to a chord, you can mouse over whichever gem in a chord you want to alter, and click it to be able to change the length of that one gem, leaving the rest of the chord as-is. You can give a gem different statuses than the rest of the chord has, but depending on the scenario it may not export to MIDI in a usable way or it just may not work in Clone Hero.

Just curious: would disjointed chords like that work in Phase Shift?
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns

Return to “Tech Support”