FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Yay plastic toys!
Maurice10

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby Maurice10 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Some stuff I've thought about and noticed over the last month and so:
(Sorry but I'm too lazy to figure all the googlecode stuff out)

The Drum bounce should be a bit bigger.
The Overdrive bar and multiply disc bounce too in RB2.
There's a bug since a few revs which makes the neck-img "jump" sometimes. I'm sure everybody knows.
Sometimes when I start the song while the preview is loading or something like that, it just keeps on playing (ingame, in menu, everywhere)
Pretty often I miss a note and it doesn't register it as a miss. While I'm happy about that it's kinda dull. It's mostly bass notes. (only happens on drums)
Same as above but I do overhits and it doesn't reset my multiplier.
The RB2 setlist should show the achieved stars for songs somewhere. I know it doesn't in RB2 but it would be better.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm

can someone post a screenshot of what vocals look like? I wanna see this.
Can we get this forum going again?
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun May 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Maurice10 wrote:Some stuff I've thought about and noticed over the last month and so:

There's a bug since a few revs which makes the neck-img "jump" sometimes. I'm sure everybody knows.
Sometimes when I start the song while the preview is loading or something like that, it just keeps on playing (ingame, in menu, everywhere)
Pretty often I miss a note and it doesn't register it as a miss. While I'm happy about that it's kinda dull. It's mostly bass notes. (only happens on drums)
The RB2 setlist should show the achieved stars for songs somewhere. I know it doesn't in RB2 but it would be better.

yeah i have gottan all those bugs like once on guitar i know i missed 2 or 4 notes but it didnt say i did and i still had my 300 note streak
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Yay plastic toys!
Maurice10

Postby Maurice10 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:can someone post a screenshot of what vocals look like? I wanna see this.

It's not really worth seeing yet. There's the marker moving to the pitch of the mic, lines added for scrolling mode, and X's above the words showing where the note is supposed to be. There's already "Awesome" and "poor" and a disc but it's all not worth seeing.

Edit (Since I'd hate to make a new post for it)
This is what they look for me with "Scrolling":
http://filesmelt.com/Imagehosting/pics/ ... 2b50a2.PNG
Last edited by Maurice10 on Sun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sun May 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Maurice10 wrote:
Qwedgeonline wrote:can someone post a screenshot of what vocals look like? I wanna see this.

It's not really worth seeing yet. There's the marker moving to the pitch of the mic, lines added for scrolling mode, and X's above the words showing where the note is supposed to be. There's already "Awesome" and "poor" and a disc but it's all not worth seeing.

I'd still like to see it. I saw 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' and that wasn't all worth seeing.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sun May 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Maurice10 wrote:Some stuff I've thought about and noticed over the last month and so:

Just as a heads up - these are good ideas (and some of these are already issues), but we are all working on our own projects at the moment, so there is an admittedly decent chance the new ideas will be long forgotten by the time we are free and issue roving. And that's the benefit of Google Code.

Probably ask a theme thread if you're really curious.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:55 pm

It really isn't worth seeing yet, but here's a quick screenshot anyway:

Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm

That's cool! I thought it was worth looking at! But isn't the timer going to be a problem? And also trinidude, that's a nice small screen you have, there? What kind of iMac do you have?

EDIT: Holy CRAP? Beta testing on a mac? But HOW? Ive tried it but it kind of confused me. :tongue: :biggrin:
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Qwedgeonline wrote:That's cool! I thought it was worth looking at! But isn't the timer going to be a problem? And also trinidude, that's a nice small screen you have, there? What kind of iMac do you have?

I'm using a second generation (mid 2007) white macbook upgraded with 4gb of ram. So it's not very powerful, but it lets me play without stuttering.

And beta testing on a Mac is not that simple. You would have to compile a lot of modules yourself. It might take days to set up if you're new to it.
Last edited by trinidude4 on Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun May 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Just to let you know, I went ahead and made issues for a couple of these, as the interest me and akedrou is right, they will be lost here. Feel free to make issues for the rest.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm

ForFretsSake wrote:
DesertDiamond wrote:...now crashes when star power is activated.

Tested with latest fofix alpha and latest svn of GH3 theme by worldrave - it truely crashes when starpower is activated.

This is a major problem, I hope it is addressed soon. :unsure:
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun May 10, 2009 7:28 pm

So umm, is anyone else having their bass scores submitted as guitar scores? That's seriously frustrating as we finally have the Python 2.6 users able to submit, and now I still can't get my first on the bass charts back because I'm getting all my bass scores submitted to the guitar side.

On the plus side, I'm steadily kicking the asses of guitar players with my bass scores.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Sun May 10, 2009 7:34 pm

The GH themes crashing at SP is a bigger issue at the moment. :wink:
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun May 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. Not like this is a development thread or anything. I mean, I guess I'll just switch the that GH theme that I never use and suffer with you guys.

Seriously. If you insist on ignoring everything said here and want to test anyway, report your issues, give details, post logs, whatever, and if the issue breaks your game and you want to play your silly GH theme roll back to a working revision or don't test.

Ugh. I'm tired of these people thinking the dev team revolves around them, not using the issue tracker, and fussing when someone else posts a bug that is different than theirs.
Last edited by Lysdestic on Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Sun May 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Just saying some issues are more trivial than others...
You're right though all problems need to be posted.

---- EDIT ----

Rolled back to {2009-05-05} fixed issue. :wink:

Return to “FoFiX”