Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby slantyr » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 pm

glad your back :)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Me too.

Here's the issue for the new lyric mode I mentioned above: issue 384.

Although I will be working on issue 374 first.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:28 pm

evilynux wrote:@Azzco: I'm not sure but does changing "rock_band_events" to "0" is what you wanted? Also, This may sound counter-intuitive but setting "highpriority" to "False" might help with the lag. Let me know what happens.

Couldn't see any performance improvements with highpriority = False, and I wanted to have the neck but not the text. But works better either way. :)

..Maybe I should install python opengl2 again oops.
I'll edit if it turns out any better with it.

Edit:
Yupp that did the trick. runs very smooth now.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
the_abyss

Postby the_abyss » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Dunno if this is common.
The game fails to start when using certain themes, such as 8-bit theme, although it works perfectly with Megalight theme and GH3 theme.

Any suggestions?

I tried to use the search function but wasn't exactly sure what to search for.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:09 pm

the_abyss wrote:Dunno if this is common.
The game fails to start when using certain themes, such as 8-bit theme, although it works perfectly with Megalight theme and GH3 theme.

Any suggestions?

I tried to use the search function but wasn't exactly sure what to search for.

Check the output of the log file. You'll probably want to check the full length log file that you can reach by running this in a command prompt:
%APPDAT%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log

The last few lines might indicate a missing file.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
artem9424

Postby artem9424 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Update:

My desktop seems to finally be stabilized with a 2.1 GHz clock. This nVidia nForce2 motherboard apparently does not fully support DDR 400 RAM, as it will only run it at 200 MHz in single-channel mode (even though I have two 1GB modules in slots 1 and 3). My GeForce MX 440 AGP 8x card is running acceptably with ForceWare v93.71, although I already miss the performance of my GeForce Go 6600 Mobile (may it cool in peace).

On that note, setting highpriority = False in your fretsonfire.ini file does indeed help with lag on certain setups. I used to run with it set to True, and got some nice results on my laptop. Since moving to this older desktop, my original FoFiX settings resulted in some bad and uneven lag.

In case anyone else is interested, here is the fretsonfire.ini I ended up with -- it allows me to get an almost constant 60 FPS in single-player modes with my less-than-ideal setup (I had to do this first, and spent a lot of time testing settings - I couldn't code anything with the game not really playable):

http://paste2.org/p/115907

(note: scrolling lyrics and sections are disabled -- they are a major source of lag for this older video card. Soon there will be a new MIDI lyric display mode that won't be so demanding.)

So now, finally on my last day off, it looks like I might actually be able to work on FoFiX a little before I have to wake up at 4am for the next 4 days :rolleyes:

I use your fretsonfire.ini but every time I start a song it just stops at loading screen. I'm running vista with no UAC.
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm sorry if this is already answered somewhere, if it is, I couldn't find it.

I want to be able to turn off solo sections. I don't want FoF to notice them at all, it makes everything lag especially at the beginning and end of every solo when I record.

Puppetz suggested to turn off "MIDI/RB events" - I did, but the solo sections are still going strong.

Is it possible? If yes, how?
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Mucky wrote:I'm sorry if this is already answered somewhere, if it is, I couldn't find it.

I want to be able to turn off solo sections. I don't want FoF to notice them at all, it makes everything lag especially at the beginning and end of every solo when I record.

Puppetz suggested to turn off "MIDI/RB events" - I did, but the solo sections are still going strong.

Use a no rockband based theme, GH3,2,World Tour...
Team Meteorito Official Member
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Borisdsp wrote:Use a no rockband based theme, GH3,2,World Tour...

Argh, is that it? I had a hunch, but thought it was silly. I love MegaLight theme, and using anything else would probably just make it lag, so I would be eliminating one cause of lag while adding another.

Nothing I can do when using MegaLight?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Azzco wrote:Check the output of the log file. You'll probably want to check the full length log file that you can reach by running this in a command prompt:
%APPDAT%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log

Azzco, since a couple of versions ago (I forget which number exactly) on windows machines the fretsonfire.log will be stored in the same directory as the executable.

HeartofPain wrote:Damn im getting annoyed with this I want to play the game(with this mod that is very good gratz)...but i cant on Windows Vista when I choose a song the game crashes...I already test it on XP and it works....but i can´t play there because it´s not my pc im on this situation for more than 2 weeks any help will be welcome....thanks!
EDIT: Don´t ask me for the log file because there´s nothing in it...
Im doomed

What do you mean there's nothing in your log file? If the game is getting to the menu, I believe it is impossible for the log to be empty... Are you sure you're looking at the right log file? Also, what theme are you using? and does using another theme (like the megalight theme, for example) help?

---- EDIT ----

Mucky wrote:I'm sorry if this is already answered somewhere, if it is, I couldn't find it.

A few posts above MFH said he'd disabled solos for his slow machine and pasted his fretsonfire.ini to pastebin. Try that ini

---- EDIT ----

on that note, in MFH's ini I noticed the following settings:
MFH's ini file wrote:rb_midi_lyrics = 0
rb_midi_sections = 0
but I also noticed these:
MFH's ini file wrote:midi_lyrics = True
midi_sections = 1
Is it just because it's an ini file that hasn't been cleared in a while? what's going on there?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:10 pm

death_au wrote:A few posts above MFH said he'd disabled solos for his slow machine and pasted his fretsonfire.ini to pastebin. Try that ini

---- EDIT ----

on that note, in MFH's ini I noticed the following settings:
MFH's ini file wrote:rb_midi_lyrics = 0
rb_midi_sections = 0
but I also noticed these:
MFH's ini file wrote:midi_lyrics = True
midi_sections = 1
Is it just because it's an ini file that hasn't been cleared in a while? what's going on there?

Yes, I haven't cleared my ini file in a long time.

Also, I didn't disable solos; my RB MIDI events are on. That can only disable text-based solo sections, currently there is no way to disable MIDI solos in RB songs. However you can disable the incoming / scrolling neck, and disable the solo frame, and disable the solo accuracy display altogether and you won't even notice...
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:41 pm

myfingershurt wrote:However you can disable the incoming / scrolling neck, and disable the solo frame, and disable the solo accuracy display altogether and you won't even notice...

Beautiful, that helped a whole lot. Thank you :)
That one guy
ghfan

Postby ghfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:41 pm

@Mucky: And there IS a GH3 Megalight theme...

Geez, I decide to leave this topic alone for a few days, and look what happens! RB2 style setlist, MFH's computer dying and him having to move to an old one, and god knows what else!
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:14 pm

first alphas of setlist should be up tonight
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:30 pm

hman333 wrote:first alphas of setlist should be up tonight

I will be posting an UPDATE PACK that will encompass the RB1 and RB2 main setlists as well as the ACDC Track Pack. Another UPDATE PACK will be coming in the next couple of days for to cover all of the current available DLC Packs.

Tonight's UPDATE PACK will have the new song.ini with all needed information for hman333's update as well album.png artwork for every song in the two main setlists. As well as notes-unedited.mid for each song. Just remember these unedited mids are not to be used until MFH says so.

EDIT: Posted

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”