About this forum

Questions/Comments/Requests about the forum itself
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Re: About this forum

Postby Puppetz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:06 pm

bowstar wrote:I like the blue theme a little better but is there any way to make it display a little smaller (too wide). Don't like to have to move the page right to see everything?

What? I would like it to be wider!? :D My forum is a half screen wide now! :( I want my Rainbow widerr... :D Couldn't it be possible to adjust it by screen? Or maybe that f*ck things up!?

One more thing, clicking on youtube links, mediafire (song DL links) opens in the same window now. It used to open in separate window (which was great). Just a notice.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 pm

puppetz_86 wrote:
bowstar wrote:I like the blue theme a little better but is there any way to make it display a little smaller (too wide). Don't like to have to move the page right to see everything?

What? I would like it to be wider!? :D My forum is a half screen wide now! :( I want my Rainbow widerr... :D Couldn't it be possible to adjust it by screen? Or maybe that f*ck things up!?

That's exactly what I was thinking :) I know how to make it bigger though: use Zoom feature in your browser, works great
One more thing, clicking on youtube links, mediafire (song DL links) opens in the same window now. It used to open in separate window (which was great). Just a notice.

Yeah, I noticed that. I want it to open in seperate window too.
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:59 pm

1024x768 was my display setting. I just zoomed in twice with firefox and everything is looking good. Seems like it only affects this site as the others seem to be displayed normal. So hopefully it stays like this and dont have to keep changing it. Gettin better all the time. Just like FoF!!!
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
XxXxXxXxXx My Kick A$$ Animated Backgrounds xXxXxXxXxX
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 pm

tyros wrote:
puppetz_86 wrote:One more thing, clicking on youtube links, mediafire (song DL links) opens in the same window now. It used to open in separate window (which was great). Just a notice.

Yeah, I noticed that. I want it to open in seperate window too.

Conversely, I always felt that it was irritating to open a new window/tab, particularly when I didn't want to. The user should have control over if they want a link to open in a new window/tab or not.
jake2k3 wrote:Is there any update on being able to bring back the old topic icons?

I would say not. They're almost totally useless anyway, no?
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Forum FAQ / Frets On Fire Wiki
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:33 pm

puppetz_86 wrote:So where did a few houndred of my posts go? Deleted? As I now only have 4.9k...

Yeah. My posts count also decreased. It should be 750+ but it's only 630+. :cursing:
Destructer

Postby Destructer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:14 am

i recomend this mod because some people make posts just to thank topics and with this mod they won´t have to thank by posting xD! http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=373805
oed

Postby oed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:49 am

One thing I noticed that really disturbs me is that we can't see whitch topic the last post was made:
In the old forum you could see which topic and who posted...
ImageImage
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 am

Added a Spoiler bbcode

Spoiler:Snape kills Dumbledore

Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:54 am

/agrees with oed
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:55 pm

*Cries* Thank you raph!

Spoiler:Yaaay for spoilers!

Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:33 pm

oed wrote:One thing I noticed that really disturbs me is that we can't see whitch topic the last post was made:
In the old forum you could see which topic and who posted...

Mucky wrote:/agrees with oed

Great idea. Mod added! I aim to please!
Use the Search feature first to find answers to your questions. Chances are that they have been asked before!

Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:46 pm

raph666 wrote:Added a Spoiler bbcode

Spoiler:Snape kills Dumbledore

Wow, that would've really upset me a while ago :huh:
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I went to edit the first post of one of my threads, and it blanked the subject line. I didn't even notice until it told me that I must specify a subject. I like that we can change them now (to fix typos, etc), but it would be a little bit of a time saver if the original subject line is kept by default when editing the post.
Emperor naru
nwru
Administrator

Postby nwru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:20 pm

raynebc wrote:I went to edit the first post of one of my threads, and it blanked the subject line. I didn't even notice until it told me that I must specify a subject. I like that we can change them now (to fix typos, etc), but it would be a little bit of a time saver if the original subject line is kept by default when editing the post.

Noted. It would be nice to have a piece of javascript that, when a little button was pressed, it would copy the subject over and automatically populate that box with.

I'm really rusty with these things. Anyone want to take a stab at it? Even pointing me in the right direction would help.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:25 pm

I went to create my first new thread since the forum conversion and I saw that the description field is omitted. I always thought it was a nice place to describe the included difficulties, instruments, etc. without junking up the main subject line. Is that field going to come back, or is it scrapped forever?

Return to “Forum Talk”