Watch/Save Replay

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Retired Fretter
tyros

Re: Watch/Save Replay

Postby tyros » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:49 pm

I totally like this idea and hope that MFH will consider doing it.
R4nd0M

Re:

Postby R4nd0M » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 am

warhol wrote:
poison wrote:Creative idea... seriously. I would love that if it was released, but would it lag?

Yes. Very much.

Not true. A similar principle is used in Counter Strike Source. You record a "demo" of your gameplay which is essentially a small data file that contains all the information about what occured during the game: player positioning, gunfire, audio communication, text communication; everything. It can be replayed and watched from either the point of view of the player who recorded it, or by the POV of anyone (or freecam) if the server recorded it. It has a very negligable FPS hit due to its implementation.

The general concensus of the CSS community is to record matches, then make fragfilms out of playback (where the FPS hit of encoding video cannot possibly impact gameplay since its just played back).

It depends how this is implemented but because there is no compression, the game is essentially writing text to disk that explains exactly what happened during the course of the demo.

Again, this is subject to the fact that FOF is already a very unoptimized game and anything further it does in the background will have a greater effect than it does in a more optimized game like CS.

But it's a very good idea.

Also: wow this is an old thread. Meh, added my two cents anyway.
Teh Frettah!
Frets_Hero_15

Postby Frets_Hero_15 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:17 am

of course, a nice idea o_O :thumbup:
blackfriday wrote:Pshhhh. FoF isn't a copy of Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero is a copy of FoF!

[realnigga4life a.k.a Frets_Hero_15]
Thanks to nwru for changing my name!
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 am

I would love this idea! And, I'm in your sig O_____________O

Return to “Thoughts ?”