live action videos - getting videos to play in the background

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 pm

I found when i was extracting the rockband songs that the all had videos. they are all in the .pss format would it be possible to get them to play in the background as you play. if someone could make a code for it. i could test it with songs from the rockband track pack 1
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 pm

No
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Been discussed many times, you can have animated backround though, there are some posted on this forum
ssjfulkon198

Postby ssjfulkon198 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 pm

blackfriday wrote:No

You don't beat around the bush do ya? lol

Either way, even if you did have a video playing in the background, ur comp would lag and crash and essplode unless it was a beast... o.o
Image (Empty Link ATM)
W.I.P.! -The Fall of Ideals - All That Remains

#8 In the Best Guitar Frettings of December (2008)!
#9 In the Best Guitar Frettings of January (2009)!
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:01 am

If you can play a video and play fof at the same time you could make it work.. but it's not video in game so to say ;) Search the forums...
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm

i'm only talking for the the rock band rips because when you rip the song folder from it you also get a single movie file unlike guitar hero where it is based on characters moving around using some sort text file telling them what to do.
basically it is a pre-made movie you could play in the background.
it's not impossible, someone is too lazy to make the code to do it.
windows media player can play the movies without any extra treatment to the files, i dont see the problem
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Take a screenshot of every fram, save em as background .png
and follow the classic animated rules ;)
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:16 pm

if your computer lags and crashes it's time to upgrade.
i've had gta san andreas , media player, and frets on fire going at same time
alltogether they only used about 480mb of memory. and i still had enough left over to run xp and i only have 1gb of memory running on a Pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor. my computer is an old school gaming computer. doesn't run san andreas on full. don't give me this crap about computers lagging and crashing

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 pm

You'll find the some of the community here to be very much against new ideas.

It's not that they don't want them, it's more or less that they are closed-minded to new possibilities.

It could probably be done if 1)someone wanted to 2)they could code it, and 3)sat down long enough to do it. But as of right now, it isn't able to be done in the game.
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 pm

If you had PNGs of every frame you could...
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 pm

sorry about that i have a bit of a loud mouth
i just want to see if it could be done or it would be a future creation

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

ADH

Postby ADH » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 pm

if anyone wants to do this i could give you a tutorial that in theory will work. but i don't think i'll waste the time to do it myself.(and i dont have RB) if you want to know just pm me.
Last edited by ADH on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 pm

it'll be fine i'll wait till someone decides to make the code. i'm not a coder, i'm a fretter.
do you know of any tools that could properly split rock bands vgs files
vgs slpitter only splits guitar and left and right drum tracks thinking they are guitar and song. it would be very useful

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

ADH

Postby ADH » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm

it has nothing to do with code it has mostly to do with a program i found online that seems really easy to use.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 pm

do you got a link
Last edited by amak11 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “Thoughts ?”