Cutting out specific parts - ... of a song, that is

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:53 am

Hiho people!

Just thought of something I think many would appreciate. Here we go ...

I often play through a song thinking that most of it is too easy, and suddenly I'm struck by an insane solo or something that ... wasn't as easy as the rest of the song.
Now, I'd want to master this part of the song - BUT, I don't wanna be bored playing through the easy part to get to the good stuff every time. Especially since it usually takes several times of going through it before you get a hold of it, so it becomes a loop of missing, restarting, playing through the easy part, missing, restarting ... and so on.

My idea is that a function to pick certain parts of a song and cut them out is implemented. Something that looks like the Song Editor in the game, but with this editor you choose to cut from point A to point B and it lets you play just that part. This way you wouldn't have to wait for the good stuff, but you'd just get thrown right into it - and if you miss, you only have to wait a few seconds to get there again!

I don't even know if this is possible (or if this goes out to any FoF developers?), but I just thought it would be really neat, so I wanted to share the idea with you.

- Mucky
gf123

Postby gf123 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:07 am

yea that would be quite cool.

a good example of this would be Free bird, it has a LOOOONG simple (ish) bit at the start of the song, then the entire 2nd half of the song is just a insane solo.... i wouldnt want to play through the easier bit time after time after time just to get to the solo, id just rather skip striaght to the solo.

but yea nice idea :)...
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:08 am

Exactly! I suck hard, and I can play through the first part of Freebird without making any mistakes, imagine how bored good players get :p
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Yeah, I once posted a topic for this one, it is over here:
https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....96;st=0
Pseudo-shredder
Mucky

Postby Mucky » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:52 am

Oh, crap. Sorry, didn't know it had already been suggested.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:36 am

actually this has been discussed several times. most of it was pertaining to a " practice mode" for FOF, we could never decide on whatwas the best approach to do it tho, plus it would need all the extra ode written in for it. but intill we can come up with a solid solution on how to go about it, not much can be done!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Thoughts ?”