Song Speed - Slow Down in Editor?

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
bdogg

Postby bdogg » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:52 pm

Well, this morning I was working on making Fury of the Storm, when it occured to me... Why can't someone make a mod or somethin' that would let us slow songs down in the song editor, so that we wouldnt have to guess about some of the hard parts... and it would take less time to make a song, so there would be more songs available to play... its worth a shot

by the way, im not a coding expert or anything so i cant do it, but it really can't be THAT hard... sure the sound would be a little distorted... who cares...
and if anyone DOES make this mod, please post it HERE, so i can put it in my sig...
Goals:
Help with Hell_Ashes Project
Make 20 FoF songs [Currently at 2]
Get a bunch of people to click here

Now Behave People...
:cool:
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm

Use dB or Freetar. And the search function
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

i think he means as in 2x slower, 4x slow. not like what hering mod does, that just slows down the fretboard
warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:40 am

He means about the song editor and stuff.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Magyk

Postby Magyk » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Use Freetar editor. It's way easier than the ingame editor, and it takes all of thirty second to convert the notes to FoF.
h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 pm

If you are sure that it is easy, do it :)

and if anyone DOES make this mod, please post it HERE, so i can put it in my sig...

lol
bdogg

Postby bdogg » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:42 pm

warhol wrote:Use dB or Freetar. And the search function

my bad... im not that good at the search function... :D
ill try to get freetar today... i just think it's a hassle to have to make a song in freetar and then convert it, when it would be soooooo much easier to just have the feature in fof... plus i wouldnt have to download programs w/ my slow dial-up connection...
Goals:

Help with Hell_Ashes Project

Make 20 FoF songs [Currently at 2]

Get a bunch of people to click here

Now Behave People...

:cool:
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:55 am

bdogg wrote:i just think it's a hassle to have to make a song in freetar and then convert it, when it would be soooooo much easier to just have the feature in fof...

There are hundred of other programs that you can make FoF songs with. And you dont have to convert the files after your done either. These programs are called ...... Midi Editors. The notes are just a midi file ( midis have been around for well over 20 years now) . A few i can think of off the top of my head are.. Anvil studio, Cakewalk pro, Power tab,Fruity Loops.
These can all save out midi files.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Thoughts ?”