Instant post-song rating system

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Instant post-song rating system

Postby dadudemandude » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 pm

It happens to me pretty often that right after the first time I played a song I can tell right off the bat whether I am ever going to play that song again or not. In other words, at that very moment I have a very good impression of how enjoyable that song is. Would it be nice to be able to, by pressing frets 1-5 at a certain point after the song, but before returning to song selection, rate the song instantly. This would be useful local, sort of as a bookmarking system for personal favourites, but could serve well on a more global scale to both rate a song (at the same time serving as a potential way for the public to rate songs in a contest) as well as making it clear what sort of song a person likes the most (useful info for charters).

Discuss the possibilities/ flaws of having this integrated and why it would be useful to the players of FoFiX or not.

Davey
Still Alive
wolferacing

Re: Instant post-song rating system

Postby wolferacing » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I actually wrote the code for this way back in 2009. See Here.

It used a keyboard instead of fret buttons though.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 pm

So, could we get that code...?... ^.^
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 pm

That's fantastic. I didn't know such a thing already existed. Although, 2009 is quite a while back so what is the status of it now? Are you planning to get this code out in the open only after the song database is finished (which I assume is not going to be finished anytime soon)?

Davey
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Well it was meant to go along with the release of the database. With that being said I haven't really had a reason to touch the code since I originally created it. I would love to port the code over to the latest stable release of FoFiX but I honestly don't know if I'll have the free time to do so. Also if it is released, it would be released in an old school "stick the .py files inside the library.zip" fashion rather than a fancy compiled setup.

There was also another bit of code I created around the same time that allowed the song.ini to have more than one "fretter" name depending on the song part authored. Like if you were playing drums the drum author's name would show up. Playing guitar would make the guitar authors name show up. Useful for when authors co-op to make songs.

Return to “Thoughts ?”