Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) compatibility

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
xpertappr

Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) compatibility

Postby xpertappr » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:50 pm

I just downloaded EOF for the first time. I'm using a mac that was just updated to OS 10.7. The app is completely unresponsive except for the warning of no mp3 support when I first open the app. After I dismiss that message, my cursor disappears whenever the EOF program is "first" (the currently used window, as opposed to still seeing the EOF window, but I'm actually in Finder).

I know Lion just came out and I'm sure y'all will be working on updating it, but I thought i'd mention it anyway, and let you know that it isn't working with the new OS.
NewCreature

Re: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) compatibility

Postby NewCreature » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:30 pm

I don't have Lion yet but the issue you describe affects Snow Leopard as well. To get the program to respond, I have to move the mouse all the way down to the bottom of the screen and back up to the EOF window to get it to start responding.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
xpertappr

Postby xpertappr » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

Hmm... that doesn't seem to work for me. The program is completely unresponsive.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

The message box that pops up (about MP3 support) is causing the mouse to get messed up in EOF. I made a test build for you with the message box disabled so you can see if it works in Lion. Here is the link:

EOF 1.8b18 Mac OS X Alternative (10.5+)

If this still doesn't work then I don't think there's anything I can do at the moment.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
xpertappr

Postby xpertappr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am

Thank you very much!!!!! I'm downloading it now, and Ill be sure to let you know if it works.
rcoffman3

Postby rcoffman3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 pm

xpertappr wrote:Thank you very much!!!!! I'm downloading it now, and Ill be sure to let you know if it works.

Don't know if your still around but did you get this to work? I really want to be able to play FoF on my macbook and unfrotunately every version i've tried crashes. Patiently hoping a fixed version comes out with Snow Leopard/Lion Mac support. :2thumbsup:
Shashashake it!
icke01

Postby icke01 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Just to inform you:
Thanks for your work, the beta does respond on mac ! Thank you!
Ichigo36

Postby Ichigo36 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

I have a iMac 20" Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5, and FoF works for me(1.2.451). U just have to download the version 1.1.324, and 1.2.451 and replace anamith.so from 1.1.324 to 1.2.451. It should work from there.

I rather you use FoFiX instead of FoF.

Return to “Thoughts ?”