A basic template for theme creation

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
playfulplayboy

A basic template for theme creation

Postby playfulplayboy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 am

I think we got a lot of great minds at work here on fofix and i want to say thank you!! Here's my delima though, I am a great creative mind and If I knew how to make themes I would pump out A+ material. The only thing is no one wants to write a manual on the basics of it. that would be the coolest thing i think ever done here!! Now I know once a manual on how to make one is made, there will be a lot of crap to follow. here's my thing though, although there are already a lot of custome themes out there and only 25% are really any good. some were either too dark, to choppy, notes were too light to see, especially in overdrive. I know this because I had tried them all and most of them i ran into one of those problems. So Far the Beatles theme I have is best quality and best everything on any of them.

So what im saying is let the people like me who are excellent at design, but have no clue where to start, give us a template to work from like:

-how to make a front page
-add music/photos/designs/fonts
-how to make stages/avatars/lights
-rock meters/notes

hell if someone showed me how to do just that i would make some killer themes. i would say thats the basics. I know there's more but that someone can learn as they go. this would be really all i would need to get started. so anyone who isnt a prude and doesnt mind being a good person and sharing his/her time to show how its done would be excellent.

See I would of thought this would be pinned as an important thread, but no one has written a "how to" for theme creating walk-through. so unless its burried in a bunch of crap can someone please help me out. I want to make a pearl Jam theme and a British Invasion(60's) vs Seatle Sound/Grunge (90's) theme Ive got the images already drawn and I need to know how to put all this together.

so please help a man out.

-- Edit: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 am --

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE SUPPORT!!
Shoole

Re: A basic template for theme creation

Postby Shoole » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am

-how to make a front page
-add music/photos/designs/fonts
-how to make stages/avatars/lights
-rock meters/notes

Photoshop and Soundfroge ^^
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 am

You should find what you need here, if you need examples, i'd say DL a custom theme to see what images and where they go.

I don't think I have seen any TuTs on how-to though, perhaps on your endevours of making custom themes you could make one(for someone who asked your question).

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/ThemeUsableImages

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/ThemeFileSettings

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/w/list
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I've been pondering the idea of a tabbed gui interface to assist in actual theme creation. But something like this far outside my current programming knowledge. Not to mention it would probably be built in Java or python for cross platform support, neither of these programming languages i know very well
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 pm

amak11 wrote:I've been pondering the idea of a tabbed gui interface to assist in actual theme creation. But something like this far outside my current programming knowledge. Not to mention it would probably be built in Java or python for cross platform support, neither of these programming languages i know very well

I was thinking there should be something like this, mainly because it's kinda annoying not being able to see how menu images will fit together (i.e Main menu background+Main menu text).
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
F*ckin' duck!!!
danieli99

Postby danieli99 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:24 pm

The FoFiX 3.121 does come with a changable theme template, Megalight and Megalight GH3.

My Current Projects: Bruce Dickinson's Discography | DJDG Hero
Other Songs: Harry Gregson-Williams - To Aslan's Camp |
Various Other Projects Which I Helped With: Iron Maiden Discography | Megadeth Discography
Latest Song Fretted: A.S.A.P. - Silver and Gold
My Themes: The Who Theme | Queen Theme
My Song Thread: DJDG's Song Thread
My Twitter Page: Tweet/Follow Me!
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Return to “Thoughts ?”