Ideas for "FoFiX" 5

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jackzilla1

Re: Ideas for "FoFiX" 5

Postby Jackzilla1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:45 pm

jjohnson91 wrote:Dude no offense but I want your girlfriend.
My last girl actually broke up with me because of Rock Band. lol (she hated it)

Haha dude!

And for alarian, cool ideas, surprising that you were new to python and you helped get FoFix to where it is now. :2thumbsup:
COLOR CANCELED THEME

thebocaj wrote:I'm gonna call you Oo Cneetee from now on, as I couldn't see the black letters in that link at first.

http://nyan.cat is a real website and so is http://www.wwwdotcom.com
AndyMan123

Postby AndyMan123 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi. I think there should be some kind of low-quality version released along with the "better" version for people like me, who run WinXP on a computer that's had no hardware upgrades since Win98. FoFiX runs at about 30fps with nothing else running, but when I try to use a Fraps-like program to record myself playing, the framerate goes down to about 7fps. The Fraps-like program, by the way, is Debut Video Capture from NCH. It's free, which is why I use it, and I like it, so I would like to see, at the very least, more framerate-saving options. Specifically the ability to play at a resolution of 320x240. That would be great. Please and thanks.
Sindahive

Postby Sindahive » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Not sure if it's been touched on but I want to throw my lot in real quick.

I recently picked up a USB/Midi keyboard. I'd love to see the keyboard/pro keyboard support Rock Band 3 has added to FoF. Pro drums alone have reignited my love for rhythm and really helped me shake off the rust. I imagine pro keyboard would do the exact same.
Be yourself !
Muj44

Postby Muj44 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I've got many ideas, but a lot of them can't be realised.

An online mod with a server room ?

Or a clone of Synthesia (fuul tapping chart but with 10 notes white notes "qwertyuiop" and 5 blacks notes "24680" ?

Or a full tapping mod (without pick : could be useful for the hardest songs) ?

A 6th color note ?

the ability to read / convert midis from guitarpro5 (without using feedback or EOF) ?
Image You want desperately a chart ? PM me & Give me a few buck and I do it for you !

Current project :

guitarzerogod

Postby guitarzerogod » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 pm

How about this.
Have FoFiX Choose a theme at random when you start the game, to turn it off Select a theme besides "Random"
good idea or not
For people who like a bunch of FoFiX themes
ImageImage
Estring91

Postby Estring91 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:40 pm

I think all of bassists want the same. A fvcking OPEN STRING on bass. That should be made in new FoFiX. Thank you.
FINISH HIM
FATALITY07

Postby FATALITY07 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Auto-strum option, i.e. press of a fret button = strumming the corresponding fret. This would do good for gamepad players
Nettacki

Postby Nettacki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 am

Have HOPO chords been implemented yet? If not, maybe they should go in the next one.
F*ckin' duck!!!
danieli99

Postby danieli99 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I came up with a couple of ideas, altough I forgot most of them. But before that, I agree that the DJ Hero controller and the Rock Band Piano should be added to FoFiX 5. I also agree with the Guitar Pro idea, but it would be better if it would be able to convert the actual gp files, but that just seems sorta impossible (for now...). I have a requirement, too. The 5th FoFiX version must be able to use themes from older versions (3.120 and most importantly, 3.121) and even the regular FoF themes. Now, my first idea was that the new version would have the background moving (as featured in the Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc. games). I don't know whether it's already been suggested, or whether it's already included in the 4th version or whether the weather be cold or hot (it's summer, it's pretty clear). Unfortunantly, I forgot the rest of my ideas, because I thought of them when I was at my aunt's and by the time I got home to my laptop, I've forgotten pretty much all of them. Onto another thing, I'm still not sure 'bout the dancing thing. Personally, I just don't like to dance, but if people want it, I really don't mind.

My Current Projects: Bruce Dickinson's Discography | DJDG Hero
Other Songs: Harry Gregson-Williams - To Aslan's Camp |
Various Other Projects Which I Helped With: Iron Maiden Discography | Megadeth Discography
Latest Song Fretted: A.S.A.P. - Silver and Gold
My Themes: The Who Theme | Queen Theme
My Song Thread: DJDG's Song Thread
My Twitter Page: Tweet/Follow Me!
imad

Postby imad » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello Guys
\m/ Greetings from Iraq \m/
I have a strange idea, I don't know if anyone ever thought of that, but.........
have u ever thought making a frets on fire game where the frets are from F1 to F12!?!?!?!?!?
I know! i'm crazy! but, what if that became true!?!?!?!
think about it!!!!!!
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 pm

It wouldn't be that difficult to code, the problem would be that pretty much no one would want that. Charters would have nightmares, Players wouldn't be able to move their hands quick enough, and there are no guitar controllers out there with 12 frets, which is what most people use to play anyway.

EDIT:
Oh, and the last I heard, the FoFiX team sort of went their seperate ways. So, asssuming we even get a new version, it's going to be a LONG time from now, after everyone decides that they are inspired to work on the project some more.
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 am

raynebc wrote:You may want to look into making a pro keys chart for Phase Shift instead.

^This guy.
But yeah. Agreed. They already have support for a lot of the things mentioned in this thread.

Return to “Thoughts ?”