Expert+???

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
sikuneh

Expert+???

Postby sikuneh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:20 am

Can we expect to see expert+ mode or an equivalent that allows for double bass pedal play. That would be great for a lot of metal/progressive songs, it is VERY annoying playing GH metallica songs on expert.
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Re: Expert+???

Postby Typhus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:42 am

There are a lot of songs that already have Expert+. Those songs usually have a different mid file, or, just like I do, simply put Expert+ on Expert and normal Expert on Hard.

You should be aware of what the charter says on the thread where each song is available.

Anyway to be able to choose Expert+ while in-play would be cool, I agree on that.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Custom charter
inimitable

Postby inimitable » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 am

RawkSD has adopted midi note #95 as double bass. Single bass goes on note 96 as usual, and 95 is used for "extra" notes that make up double bass. I think it works rather well and ought to be implemented - it would make distributing one midi file with both Expert and Expert+ possible.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:34 am

I like this idea, I'm going to add it to my Fofix Request thread.
sikuneh

Postby sikuneh » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:32 pm

I tried a couple of songs but they still were regular expert. I didn't see any difference in the files and there was nothing in the forums from which I downloaded them. Are there any special conditions that have to be met before it works or what?
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Amazing + is a Drum track that includes double bass (usually for REALLY hard songs like Cannibal Corpse). Some people refer to really hard Amazing songs as "Insane", but that's not an actual FOF Difficulty. Amazing + is also not a known difficulty for FOF yet, as of right now we have to rename the files to overwrite the expert difficulty to play expert +.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:31 pm

...that doesn't make sense at all.

@sikuneh: Only songs that have the double bass drum notes charted on Expert will have "Expert+", so it's all a matter of who charted it/how it was charted.

Also, I think it's better to chart Expert+ as a separate MIDI because otherwise getting Gold Stars on Expert (which would be on Hard) would be impossible.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

SUSAltd wrote:Also, I think it's better to chart Expert+ as a separate MIDI because otherwise getting Gold Stars on Expert (which would be on Hard) would be impossible.

The request I put on the bug tracker addresses this.
FoF 4EVA!!
SoD Sasquatch

Postby SoD Sasquatch » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:03 am

Hehe, nice ryan! I have seen very few Amazing + songs but the ones I have come across are HAAAAAARD! Haha, I would have to be better @ the drums to play them.
sikuneh

Postby sikuneh » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Nvm, the songs must've been mislabeled. I got a few working. Thnx for the help.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:24 pm

This is something that would be easy to implement.
So I'm guessing that Expert+ would just use the Expert chart space. So Expert would ignore note 95 and Expert+ would include it?
Is it just as simple as that?

Thanks
David
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:42 pm

raynebc wrote:It seems like that's literally all there is to it. If Phase Shift implements this, I can see to it that EOF does as well.

Sounds like a plan!
I've got a few bug fixes I'm working on but i'll make this next on my list.

David

Return to “Thoughts ?”