Ideas for the next FoFiX

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Re: Ideas for the next FoFiX

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 am

I still am for adding unique features before adding any pro modes. A larger keyboard to take advantage of the home row would be nice.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:49 am

PRO Guitar.... hmm, how could we map a keyboard with 17 frets times six strings?
Still wanted the FoFix 4 released....
Shredder in Training
K3m0-ch4n

Postby K3m0-ch4n » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

The pro mode would be awesome, as in creating more frets to play with the songs (although new songs would have to be fretted etc. but it might work). After all, I play bass and it seems like a good way to practise movements up and down the "neck" as well as just the first 5 frets.

I think a keyboard instrument should also be added to the game for an extra track to play. It can work simply by pushing a button on your keyboard without having to strum or anything; might be fun but it needs more than 5 buttons though (10 will work). 2 rows of keys (letters on our keyboard's main body and maybe numbers) with configurations will be awesome. It could be 19 notes, or even 21 :D:D If 2 rows of notes are added then that can be one bonus feature to add to the guitar (keyboards can be fixed some way, but i don't know how note representation will work on guitar for more than one row though :/ ) All this is a lot easier said than done though :/

Oh and extra button configuration. I need 3 buttons for strumming to imitate my fingering for bass :D that way I can be like Steve DiGiorgio sooner than expected =D

But yeah, this game can use work; some day it will surpass guitar hero! (Oh wait, it already has... I'm not paying for it :D)

Woot first post!

-- Edit: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 pm --

Perhaps something like a "ghost mode"... I'm talking about how the game will save the info of the last time you played the song (or your high score for that fact), where you can see it either in a fake multiplayer or replay as an "opponent" and see what you did last time to play so well or poorly, to improve upon certain areas maybe... I guess this is similar to the one idea about saving similar info to replace fraps or gamecam, but still something like this will really be awesome, whichever it is.
SXzi_ASSKILLER

Postby SXzi_ASSKILLER » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Piano part like in RB3 e_e
Frets Awesome Songs
m16a4grenader

Postby m16a4grenader » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:36 pm

K3m0-ch4n wrote:Perhaps something like a "ghost mode"... I'm talking about how the game will save the info of the last time you played the song (or your high score for that fact), where you can see it either in a fake multiplayer or replay as an "opponent" and see what you did last time to play so well or poorly, to improve upon certain areas maybe... I guess this is similar to the one idea about saving similar info to replace fraps or gamecam, but still something like this will really be awesome, whichever it is.

Now THAT is a great idea to implement in the next Fofix
Especially when you can play your "ghost" as an opponent. I can imagine playing myself, getting beat 6 times over lol.
I agree it would most likely be used to help with certain parts.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 am

Something like that is in the suggestion thread that's stickied in this forum.

Basically, they wanted a ghost mode for checking where you screwed up, and to help make replays, so you could record those with FRAPS instead of doing it while playing when it may lag the system.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8215&start=0

Would be nice to hear what the currently active developers think about that, seeing that Rogue_F had it on his to do -list 3 years ago.

EDIT:
I feel old.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Kotti wrote:https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8215&start=0

Would be nice to hear what the currently active developers think about that, seeing that Rogue_F had it on his to do -list 3 years ago.

EDIT:
I feel old.

you're not old, you're antique! :laugh:
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

ScorchedEarth

Postby ScorchedEarth » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:05 am

EDIT:
I feel old.

This. And solo frets working, or slider... thing from GH, which was like guitar solos in RB but didn't require you needing a specific guitar. I don't understand why we can configure the frets but not do anything with them.
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 pm

EDIT:
I feel old.
It's okay. You really are!
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra

Return to “Thoughts ?”