Auto-Fretter

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Auto-Fretter

Postby acrox999 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm

It's not impossible. I have seen a lot games doing this lately. I don't know how they did it. Maybe by calculating the average BPM of the song. But they are mostly rhythm games unlike FoF or GH or RB where the notes can be anywhere.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 am

Let's just say it's not impossible, it's just not possible to provide a consistent chart. Not to mention it would have to follow specific rules. Last i seen, no game automatically creates lower difficulties only provides adaptive difficulty which is another thing altogether.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

L0fka

Postby L0fka » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am

"If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I"
aha, I see :)

Although, lets say that for now its impossible =)
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 am

It is not impossible, but it is impossible for this kind of game. Our charts have their note placement rules unlike the other games which have no rules whatsoever (e.g. O2Jam where most custom charts are total BS).

But I heard that Phase Shift has added a new mode called 'dance'. Then it's possible for this kind of mode. 'Key' mode from RB might work too, since we basically can play anything on the keyboard (but it still have its rules right? I'm not sure, never played it but logically thinking of how a real keyboard works, yes).
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:11 pm

acrox999 wrote:It is not impossible, but it is impossible for this kind of game. Our charts have their note placement rules unlike the other games which have no rules whatsoever (e.g. O2Jam where most custom charts are total BS).

But I heard that Phase Shift has added a new mode called 'dance'. Then it's possible for this kind of mode. 'Key' mode from RB might work too, since we basically can play anything on the keyboard (but it still have its rules right? I'm not sure, never played it but logically thinking of how a real keyboard works, yes).

RB keys run on the same rules as any other instrument. reduce expert>hard>medium>easy, manually.

L0fka wrote:"If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I"
aha, I see :)

Someone likes reading signatures, good boy :)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. One the one hand, the variables to calculate are there (BPM, distance from note to note, which notes are sustained or not, what the next note is relative to a note, what fret each note is on, what instrument is being played etc.). They could be weighed against the different difficulties, assuming there is a uniform rule as to how those should turn out per instrument.

On the other hand, the results would vary from chart to chart, and become more unexpected the more diversity there is. Also, there is no easy way to tell how hard versus easy songs are handled. A program cannot, after all, see the difference between Shout at the Devil or Jordan. What if the expert chart would already fit the requirements for a 'hard' difficulty?

Davey
ilovebass

Postby ilovebass » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:03 pm

this is a very good idea
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 am

ilovebass wrote:this is a very good idea

Most pipe dreams usually seem like a good idea. but as you can tell from all the other posts in this thread (if you read any of them ) its about as practical as trying to use a Wav2Midi converter to make fof songs
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Thoughts ?”