New FOF Project (6/9)

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Re: New FOF Project (5/20)

Postby gen_codehazzard » Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 am

instead of coding it into something different why not use s.o.s (strings on speed) there at v0.8 which has joy and muiltplayer and what not but in learning python and c++ trying to figure a way to have C++ convert the code over from .py to .c but i wish ya luck on this project
--edit--
p.s if you need some one to do some art im in just tell me what i need and i make sure its done
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 am

Hmm think iI can use to make graphics until 23 days, I guess?
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Fri May 22, 2009 5:07 am

i may be able to help with the coding in the future, but not anytime soon. i am only just starting to learn c++.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:58 am

gen_codehazzard wrote:instead of coding it into something different why not use s.o.s (strings on speed) there at v0.8 which has joy and muiltplayer and what not but in learning python and c++ trying to figure a way to have C++ convert the code over from .py to .c but i wish ya luck on this project
--edit--
p.s if you need some one to do some art im in just tell me what i need and i make sure its done

Picking up SoS would be way to easy, i wanted a challenge. And about the converting thing, psssshh. About 500 lines in python converts to about 1500 lines in C++. There isnt a converter that i would trust if they did make one.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:44 am

Automated source conversion between such disparate languages is the root of all evil. (Don't point out Pyrex/Cython, since they're subsets of Python specifically intended for translation to C. They're fairly limited, though.)

It's the object typing and the memory management that will get you most in a manual translation.

Don't forget that the GPL applies to any code you translate from the Python source.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 pm

jstump91 wrote:Don't forget that the GPL applies to any code you translate from the Python source.

Actually, i havent used one thing from FOF yet, to get as far as i am.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Atticus2 wrote:
jstump91 wrote:Don't forget that the GPL applies to any code you translate from the Python source.

Actually, i havent used one thing from FOF yet, to get as far as i am.

um ok i know GPL applies to what i use from f.o.f and converting it to C++ so dont worry on that
and the codeing part anit so bad im learning c++ and python a little more ive only been writing small things ATM but hopefully ill improve so if you need a coder
sure ill do it if i can im a "artist" dou so keep that part in mind
TheLastNinja

Postby TheLastNinja » Sat May 23, 2009 6:29 am

Picks n' Sticks [Guitar/Bass pick, Drum sticks]
Flaming Frets
Fingers on Fire :P

I have a question about possibly contributing, I'll send it to you via PM. [Emphasis on possibly]

TheLastNinja's Song Thread - Guitar/All Difficulties

Rolling 1000toon - Maximum the Hormone

Slaughterhouse Jive - Mortal Kombat Deception

Fukai Mori - Do As Infinity [InuYasha 2nd ending song]

Feuerräder - Rammstein

Stand My Ground - Within Temptation

Houchou Hasami Cutter Knife Dosu Kiri - Maximum the Hormone
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 am

Seeing as a keytar is an instrument in it's own right, it seems a shame to use the term in reference to playing guitar games on a keyboard.... kind of makes me expect a game with keyboard (the instrument) chart support, at least.

That said, best wishes, I'd love to see this go somewhere. :2thumbsup:
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:47 pm

ryanpanties wrote:Seeing as a keytar is an instrument in it's own right, it seems a shame to use the term in reference to playing guitar games on a keyboard.... kind of makes me expect a game with keyboard (the instrument) chart support, at least.

This keyboard idea is kinda interesting. Although i am not sure where or how implicate the fret board onto the screen with two guitars or drums also going on. A single player keyboard mode would be possible. Having maybe 8 keys. like this ..

.. obviously it is a horrible drawing. Thats why im a coder, not a graphics man.

Anyways, if enough people support the idea, i will see what i can do. Also, i would love for people to ask for many more ideas to be implemented in this version of the game, i think it will help it grow into something big.

And may i ask a mod to move this thread to the WIP section of the Forums please??
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Sun May 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Atticus2 wrote:
ryanpanties wrote:Seeing as a keytar is an instrument in it's own right, it seems a shame to use the term in reference to playing guitar games on a keyboard.... kind of makes me expect a game with keyboard (the instrument) chart support, at least.

This keyboard idea is kinda interesting. Although i am not sure where or how implicate the fret board onto the screen with two guitars or drums also going on. A single player keyboard mode would be possible. Having maybe 8 keys. like this ..

.. obviously it is a horrible drawing. Thats why im a coder, not a graphics man.

Anyways, if enough people support the idea, i will see what i can do. Also, i would love for people to ask for many more ideas to be implemented in this version of the game, i think it will help it grow into something big.

And may i ask a mod to move this thread to the WIP section of the Forums please??

um last time i suggested adding more keys to the midi script i was cussed at because i kept getting its impossible to do and the thing only supports 5 keys and 5 notes if im wrong * wich of course im gonna be * then why are people fighting over adding a dam 6 key to the guitar all the fourms i read i was hearing "me and this guy cant fret 6 keys its imposable" and my favorite " if it`s so easy then why dont you do it " it`s pretty obvious that anything you want you have to build your self or you anot gonna get it and i have a few ideals that would help b.s the 6 key guitar
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 pm

maybe the frets for the keyboard can look like a standard keyboard:
we would obviously only need enough frets for one octave. there would be 12 different frets. the neck would only be a little bit wider than a guitar neck.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Alright, we are still looking for members to join this team. We still need coders desperately, and a few more people on the graphics side that arent involved in so many projects (not dissing you guys though)

If you are interested, please contact me.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm

I can't help that i'm FOF: live's Lead Graphics Artist
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:16 am

amak11 wrote:I can't help that i'm FOF: live's Lead Graphics Artist

I wasnt saying nothing bad about it, i was just saying if anyone could join that isnt part of another project it would help.

Return to “Thoughts ?”