New FOF Project (6/9)

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: New FOF Project (6/9)

Postby acrox999 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:40 am

doomtron wrote:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:what is the project, exactly

Basically just porting FoFiX to C++.

Not porting, a completely whole new game based on FoF, but not it's codes though.

Well, I doesn't have much time on making graphics but I can give ideas on making the graphics. If we can hold another meeting next Saturday?
cmsk8ter

Postby cmsk8ter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

I can help with graphics. if you guys want
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm

acrox999 wrote:
doomtron wrote:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:what is the project, exactly

Basically just porting FoFiX to C++.

Not porting, a completely whole new game based on FoF, but not it's codes though.

Well, I doesn't have much time on making graphics but I can give ideas on making the graphics. If we can hold another meeting next Saturday?

Fine rewriting FoFiX in C++
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 am

Hey guys. Sorry its been a while, i have been out of school and lazy. I took my family vacation a while back and havent been on MSN or on here in forever.

I am back to school now and i am ready to get back on the "work horse" and get this finished. I have started learning OpenGL and i will start to incorpirate this in the game ASAP. I am still needing some coders and if you have been making graphics while i was gone, i'd love to see them.

If you wanted to code before i took my lazy spell, i will try and get in touch with you, so expect a message on here, and maybe MSN. My computer is being pretty homo.

Hope to talk to you guys real soon.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Atticus2 wrote:Hey guys. Sorry its been a while, i have been out of school and lazy. I took my family vacation a while back and havent been on MSN or on here in forever.

I am back to school now and i am ready to get back on the "work horse" and get this finished. I have started learning OpenGL and i will start to incorpirate this in the game ASAP. I am still needing some coders and if you have been making graphics while i was gone, i'd love to see them.

If you wanted to code before i took my lazy spell, i will try and get in touch with you, so expect a message on here, and maybe MSN. My computer is being pretty homo.

Good to here that this project isn't dead :thumbup:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

cmsk8ter

Postby cmsk8ter » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:09 pm

is this still being worked on?
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 pm

cmsk8ter wrote:is this still being worked on?

*Points up one post*

doomtron wrote:
Atticus2 wrote:Hey guys. Sorry its been a while, i have been out of school and lazy. I took my family vacation a while back and havent been on MSN or on here in forever.

Good to here that this project isn't dead :thumbup:
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
cmsk8ter

Postby cmsk8ter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:31 pm

srry i just figured that was 20 day ago and havent seen an update in a while.
ADH

Postby ADH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm

I can help with graphics if you want...
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 pm

i just starting out learning c++ i might join in later...
i could do some gfx, im getting better.
Bite me.
opeth771

Postby opeth771 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 pm

I think your project would be a waste of time for you... FoF is already perfect and the number of custom songs is whats making it so good. Sure it misses some features, but those can be added I guess by the author or w/e.
Official Developer!!
Acedia

Postby Acedia » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm going to have to say... Goodluck with this project, especially as a new programmer, this is a big project to take on, and a lot of front end stuff should be written before announcing something like this here. I have learned a few things about announcing new projects, based off of FOF, and have failed to sway the community that projects of this size take time. Hope if goes well. Again Good luck.
mogwais

Postby mogwais » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm interested in this. I think it seems pretty interesting, and trials like this, if you will, can really help the overall progression of the game itself in a lot of ways.

And I can't help but think that a lot more people are familiar with C++ than Python.. So I think it'd end up leading to more people working on more indepth mods and extra features that could be added on, which sounds great to me
My song thread! Updated daily!Over 70 Songs!
Crystal Castles Album!
Current Goals
-Complete all of the song awards in the World Starpower Chart (wembly)
-Obtain a total of 2000 gold stars
-Have a combined total of 1000 downloads of the charts I've made (currently 500-600)
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:07 pm

And I can't help but think that a lot more people are familiar with C++ than Python.. So I think it'd end up leading to more people working on more indepth mods and extra features that could be added on, which sounds great to me
Maybe there are more people who already know C++, but it's much easier to learn Python than C++.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Jan__Deis

Postby Jan__Deis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:17 am

Finally someone else with the same interest. I was going to try this a while back in C# using the XNA tools but made the jump over to C++ instead. I've taken the lvl 1 and 2 classes at my college for C++ and have learned the basics and then some. While neither class taught game programming ( I am currently scouring the web for books and ebooks for c++ game development ) I did learn stuff like memory management, pointers, classes, more pointers, stacks, even more on pointers, god I hated pointers, anyway where was I? lol

I've been trying to find a good reason to keep programming after I finished my last class in December and this looks like the perfect excuse. So if you would have me, I'd be more than willing to help out with this project. Send me a pm and I can hook you up with my email as well.

Also, a little more about myself:

Aside from being a student / programmer / fof / rock band player, I'm also a multi-talented musician. I play drums ( primarily ), bass, guitar, and piano. I've tampered with ideas to get all of the above into a rockband / fof type game. I have an arsenal of brainstormed ideas that I would like to try to implement ranging from small tweaks in the way the engines currently function to total overhauls and gutting everything to make way for the new.

Return to “Thoughts ?”