GH:WT drum format

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

GH:WT drum format

Postby Iroken » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:00 pm

And, I guess in addition to the dual pedal thing, there would have to be an option for including the new GH:WT drum format - the three drum pads, two cymbals, and the bass kick. I personally don't like how that's set up, but they made it. :/ How would that work out in FoF? Anyone know?
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.
The Shaman of Sexy
flapjack2

Re: GH:WT drum format

Postby flapjack2 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the problem with the GH:WT drum setup is a coding problem. That and all of the songs already made would not work right I would think.
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

Postby Iroken » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm

I think it might be possible to have the five buttons and kick made by coding, but in addition including something like "ghwt_setup = 1" in the song.ini for each song you want to play in that format.
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Iroken wrote:I think it might be possible to have the five buttons and kick made by coding, but in addition including something like "ghwt_setup = 1" in the song.ini for each song you want to play in that format.

thats not a bad idea and i was gonna say that ghwt has 6 button`s includeing bass pedal u would have to rewrite the code consider that fofix currently only has 5 button`s including bass pedal you would need to add update for gh-wt note`s and key`s just for drum`s
The Shaman of Sexy
flapjack2

Postby flapjack2 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Iroken wrote:I think it might be possible to have the five buttons and kick made by coding, but in addition including something like "ghwt_setup = 1" in the song.ini for each song you want to play in that format.
I suppose it could work in theory, but if it sounds easy, it usually means it isn't. But if it were in the options so you could turn it on and off, maybe then there wouldn't be a problem with songs only having 4 notes.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:34 am

its not a coding problem... the devs like rock band... the layout is better itho so you'll be waiting a while.
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 am

It basically boils down to

number of RB-style charts: all of them
number of GHWT-style charts: none of them

If people found a consistent way that made sense to chart a 6th note and ended up making charts then I'm sure there would be more interest in supporting it officially
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 am

If the song was charted with GHWT drum notes then it would be possible to have the game convert the note chart to a Rockband style chart, which is what GHWT does. It merges two of the controls. What I wonder is, can a standard Rockband chart be reasonably converted in game to GHWT style? The game will decide what to do based on which drum format you desire in the game settings. Or if a RockBand chart cannot be reasonably converted then you could still play it, as you would now when using GHWT drums with the Rockband game. I know the developers have more higher priority things to do though.
My Songs - Metallica, Hellyeah, Puddle of Mudd
All songs updated March 03, 2009 (major overhaul, so go redownload them again)
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 pm

wseyller wrote:If the song was charted with GHWT drum notes then it would be possible to have the game convert the note chart to a Rockband style chart, which is what GHWT does. It merges two of the controls. What I wonder is, can a standard Rockband chart be reasonably converted in game to GHWT style? The game will decide what to do based on which drum format you desire in the game settings. Or if a RockBand chart cannot be reasonably converted then you could still play it, as you would now when using GHWT drums with the Rockband game. I know the developers have more higher priority things to do though.

i give kudo`s this this guy but just add extra note`s and key`s for the chart`s of ghwt and leave the rbstyle charts alone
ghwtkey.png
ghwtnotes.png
notes.png
keys.png

i mean rb and ghwt have different setup for the chart like rb have 4 drum pads which the snare is ether all of them or just one of the drum pads
unlike rb`s drums ghwt made 3 pads 2 snares therefore 6 note and key ideal (bass pedal) 7 notes and keys if uwas to add openfret just make an option to use rther rb style charts or ghwt real simple :blush:

aduro wrote:It basically boils down to

number of RB-style charts: all of them
number of GHWT-style charts: none of them

If people found a consistent way that made sense to chart a 6th note and ended up making charts then I'm sure there would be more interest in supporting it officially
and this follow`s up on my ideal above
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I do believe that dB is being worked on to incorporate a 5th drum pad.

For the time being, MIDI-based charting is the only we we could chart GHWT drums. Maybe play slightly smart and incorporate "PART GHWT DRUMS", rendered in game as "GHWT Drums", with the current "Drums" being changed to "RB DRUMS".
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm

I don't think there needs to be 2 drum parts. Just one and then let the game decide what drumset the player is using based on the settings they choose. Then let the game convert the midi as needed. This would allow things to be universal, which would eliminate the controversy with which drum chart type is the standard for FOFix. If the fretting decides to use the newer GHWT type drum fretting then the RockBand drum set users won't see any difference. Because after all most drummer fretters don't want to waste their time fretting two different drum parts.

I am not an expert on drum frettings but I do know that GHTW is easy to convert to the Rockband type on the fly. It is already known how this works. But will every Rockband drum fretting have enough data to convert the other way around using the same rules for every song?
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 pm

wseyller wrote:I don't think there needs to be 2 drum parts. Just one and then let the game decide what drumset the player is using based on the settings they choose. Then let the game convert the midi as needed. This would allow things to be universal, which would eliminate the controversy with which drum chart type is the standard for FOFix. If the fretting decides to use the newer GHWT type drum fretting then the RockBand drum set users won't see any difference. Because after all most drummer fretters don't want to waste their time fretting two different drum parts.

This isn't possible, there's way too many differences between the two types of charts

The way neversoft converts their charts for the RB format is incredibly cheap and stupid
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 pm

aduro wrote:
wseyller wrote:I don't think there needs to be 2 drum parts. Just one and then let the game decide what drumset the player is using based on the settings they choose. Then let the game convert the midi as needed. This would allow things to be universal, which would eliminate the controversy with which drum chart type is the standard for FOFix. If the fretting decides to use the newer GHWT type drum fretting then the RockBand drum set users won't see any difference. Because after all most drummer fretters don't want to waste their time fretting two different drum parts.

This isn't possible, there's way too many differences between the two types of charts

The way neversoft converts their charts for the RB format is incredibly cheap and stupid

Thanks for the info. I only wish I knew more about it. Obviously GH did this to allow the RB drum sets. It helps to influence RB drum set users to buy their game. Thats apparent, but why not do what they did. Better than nothing at least. Being so many differences it would extremely complicate things otherwise either for the fretters or developers of the game (more likely for fretters). I do fully agree with you though so don't get me wrong. It is just a tug and war battle between making the most accurate frettings for RB drums, then for GHWT drums, or do we try to make them universal with less accuracy. I'm just giving my 2 cents and making awareness for our options.
skwissgaar my (god)
gen_codehazzard

Postby gen_codehazzard » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:29 pm

wow im shocked no one actually said anything about about my post but the way to fix all of this is vary simple

guitar world tour drums make an extra note`s and key`s for

leave the standert one`s alone which im sure that there called rock band key`s and note`s

now for the ghtw

have the note`s and key`s in your theme folder so that when you play a ghwt song or a user made one the game will use them so therefore you dont have
to take off the rb ones and you dont have to update the song`s
codeing it shouldn't be a problem if rb has the beta and regular option in the setting`s then these`s key`s are just the same as that
Rocker Troll
KaelemGaen

Postby KaelemGaen » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:14 am

On a side note, I thought the main reason they actually hadn't started working on WT Drum support is because the GH:WT song midis haven't been "properly" ripped for them to see what is defined as the 6th note (the bass open strum, and the extra pad in the drums.) But that might go along with the No-charts about.

Though in that vain of thinking (Though it is probably wrong) When you take the Tutorials in WT (at least on the Wii) Under the bass practice, the open strum is the sixth note and considered the "Lowest" note on it so it might not be a stretch to assume Whatever was the currently lowest on the Midi-tracks, the note just below that might be the Open strum, as well as the bass pedal.

Return to “Thoughts ?”