How to quickly convert Rock Band customs to PS/FoFiX

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 7 years and 2 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
TrojanNemo

How to quickly convert Rock Band customs to PS/FoFiX

Postby TrojanNemo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Hey guys.
I don't think I've ever posted on here about tools, so hopefully it's appreciated and not marked as spam.
As i'm sure you've noticed by now, a lot of songs are being charted exclusively for Rock Band 3, most of which are fully featured and make for some awesome game play. But this is Frets on Fire. You need them compatible with FoFiX or Phase Shift.

C3 CON Tools makes the conversion process extremely easy:

Grab the CON files from C3 or anywhere else, as long as they're CON or LIVE files meant for Rock Band 3. Open Phase Shift Converter, drag and drop one of those files to it, and click Begin. That's it!
It'll convert the file into Phase Shift format, with the goal of being backwards compatible with FoF/FoFiX where possible. If the song has multitrack audio, it'll even separate the audio files for you.

This tool was created to allow easy conversion of C3 custom songs, but anyone can use it and benefit from it. It was created with the help of bluzer and AkiraNomuraBCN to make sure it's as good as possible for Phase Shift. Sorry if there may be some shortcomings for FoF, but it should be pretty good as is.

Full features and changes can be found here:
http://www.keepitfishy.com/rb3/c3contoo ... ngelog.txt

Download here:
http://(pksage.com links have been disabled)/ccc/IPS/index.php?/to ... 390-92015/

/spam over :biggrin:
Last edited by TrojanNemo on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
plastikdrink

Re: How to quickly convert Rock Band customs to PS/FoFiX

Postby plastikdrink » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:01 pm

This looks incredibly useful. I've been converting for a while and its involved around 3 different programs - its a tedious process. This looks super handy :D
Codebreaker2009

Postby Codebreaker2009 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:37 pm

I would love how to do this the opposite way and to convert FoF songs to rb3 CON format
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Codebreaker2009 wrote:I would love how to do this the opposite way and to convert FoF songs to rb3 CON format

Info for making customs for RB3 has been around about as long as RB3 has. There is plenty of info about that on MANY different sites, you just need to search for it.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:58 pm

...and a one-click solution will never exist.

A Rock Band CON has all the files needed for Phase Shift, and a Rock Band MIDI has all the necessary (and extra) components for Phase Shift.
That's because these games were created after Rock Band / Guitar Hero, so they can take Rock Band's very strict authoring standards and use them.
On the other hand, they also allow for very loose and let's say, less stringent, authoring rules. So when you throw a MIDI authored for Phase Shift or FoF at Rock Band it simply won't work as is.
You'll end up anywhere from having to make several minor changes to having to completely rechart the song.
That's not even taking into account the required MIDI tracks for Rock Band that Phase Shift and FoF don't require, so they almost never include.

Think of it this way:
The U.S. has very strict restrictions and safety requirements for a car to be street legal. Many European and Asian countries do not. You can take a car that is street legal in the U.S. and it will probably meet and surpass the safety requirements in those countries. But you take one of those locally built cars aimed at low cost by having next to no safety features and you will spend more money making it road legal in the U.S. than it would cost you to just go and buy a new car made for the U.S. market.

Hope that car analogy works for ya.
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:19 pm

are not downloading, what's wrong with this link? :confused:
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Gefolo wrote:are not downloading, what's wrong with this link? :confused:

download from the c3 topic -> http://www.(pksage.com links have been disabled)/ccc/forums/viewto ... 923#p20114
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:31 am

Yep, I wasn't subscribed to this so I totally forgot about this thread. I updated the OP to link to the C3 thread since I continually update the tools and the link changes with each update.
rok

Postby rok » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:55 am

nobby76 wrote:
Codebreaker2009 wrote:I would love how to do this the opposite way and to convert FoF songs to rb3 CON format

Info for making customs for RB3 has been around about as long as RB3 has. There is plenty of info about that on MANY different sites, you just need to search for it.

no info
Alexbeav

Postby Alexbeav » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:43 pm

I would also like to know if there is a guide or tool to do the opposite = convert PS/FoF songs to RB3 PS3
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Alexbeav wrote:I would also like to know if there is a guide or tool to do the opposite = convert PS/FoF songs to RB3 PS3

you can't do it in a quick way because RB3 Midis have a lot of rules to make it work compared to a EOF generated Midi

There's are guides of how to do on the C3 Forums (most of them aim for the xbox version)
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
TrojanNemo

Postby TrojanNemo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:26 pm

ONAONEMEU wrote:There's are guides of how to do on the C3 Forums (most of them aim for the xbox version)

All of them aim for Xbox, because the tools are designated for the Xbox. Once you have it in Xbox format, converting to PS3/Wii/Phase Shift is trivial using the converters provided in C3 CON Tools.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Heh i still find it amusing when things like this pop up..
rok wrote:
nobby76 wrote:

no info

Someone asks a question, you tell them the info is out there, they claim it isnt, then someone else comes along and says...
ONAONEMEU wrote:There's are guides of how to do on the C3 Forums (most of them aim for the xbox version)

We dont tell you there is info just for the hell of it, we tell you because we know for a fact there is... (this was aimed at Rok, not codebreaker)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:02 am

raynebc wrote:To adapt an old saying: You can lead a person to tutorials, but you can't make him read.

Hahaha

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”