EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

Postby raynebc » Mon May 22, 2017 9:33 pm

New hotfix is up. Non pro guitar specific changes are as follows:
*Corrected the "Export time range" function to export all of the track-specific details (ie. customized name, fret/string count, etc).
*Corrected the "Export time range" function to ensure the first exported beat explicitly has whatever time signature was in effect in the source project.
*Fixed a bug with the project save logic (also affects undo/redo states) that prevented supplemental precision beat timing data from being written in a usable way. Beat timings are now stored in the project to a precision of over 10 decimal places. This should reduce the number of notes that lose sync during certain beatmap alterations.
*Improved beat click and drag logic to immediately update the note and tab highlighting if any notes lost grid snap.
*Fixed bugs with the click and drag logic that (under specific timing circumstances) could cause beats to become desynced by 1ms with notes after the notes are auto-adjusted.
Last edited by raynebc on Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:06 pm

*Added logic to prevent an occasional failure to load eof.dat when changing display window sizes.
*Updated guitar tap and strum input modes to allow for a sixth fret button to be defined, for use in pro guitar and GHL mode tracks.
*Fixed a bug with guitar tap and guitar strum input modes where if keyboard keys were mapped to the fret/strum buttons, that input was allowed to also activate EOF's hardcoded keyboard shortcuts during playback.
*Added the ability to author Guitar Hero Live style tracks, for use with Clone Hero. To use this style of authoring for one of the traditional 5 lane guitar/bass tracks, enable the "Enable GHL mode" function from the Track menu. When this mode is in effect, the 3 lowest lanes are used to author white notes, the 3 highest lanes are used to author black notes and the middle mouse button can be used to place open notes. In Rex Mundi input mode, the number 7 can also be used to author open notes. Alternatively, the "Note>Convert GHL open" function can be used to change selected notes into open notes if GHL mode is enabled for the active track. EOF will keep the chart as intact as it can when enabling/disabling GHL mode on a track that already has notes in it (or when copy/pasting notes between GHL and non-GHL tracks), but since GHL mode has six lanes IN ADDITION to an open note, lane 3 black notes are converted to 5 lane chords when a GHL track is converted to non-GHL format. This is so open notes can remain authored as open notes, but chords containing lane 3 black notes won't survive the conversion and EOF will warn about this and highlight affected notes. The 3D representation of GHL tracks three lanes, each of which can have one white gem and/or a black gem. If a lane has both gems, it is considered a "barre" chord (in that the player would hold two buttons down with one finger to play it) and EOF displays this as a black and white rectangle instead of a black or white triangle. The clipboard format has changed, make sure to perform another copy operation before performing a paste or the paste will malfunction.
Also "Miscellany"
Skullnano

Postby Skullnano » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Any chance to fix the desynch copy/paste thing ? Everytime I do a copy/paste, some notes are desynched from the beats, sometimes it's just a desynched by 1 ms, but some other times, the notes are moved from their original place by 10-50 ms, and if I keep going, it gets worse, so everytime, I have to check every notes.
My songs thread (+1700 charts) - Here

Custom Songs Central profile - Here

My YouTube channel - Here
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm

I can't reproduce the problem, and nobody has mentioned it until you just did. If you're experiencing problems, it's best to mention them instead of silently waiting for something to get fixed because it may never be fixed (if neither I nor anybody else ever runs into it) or it may not even be a bug with the program at all.

Please post the exact build date of EOF you're using and confirm whether you're using regular paste (CTRL+V) or old paste (CTRL+P), whether the copied notes are reported as already being out of grid snap (Enable "Song>Highlight non grid snapped notes") and whether the seek line is correctly on a grid snap position (ie. you're seeked to an appropriate place with Pg Up/Dn or CTRL+SHIFT+Pg Up/Dn) before performing the paste. Keep in mind that in most cases you do not want to use old paste because it does not correct for tempo changes. If you're already using the latest hotfix and following the suggestions I just listed, please send me a sample project (.eof) file and specific steps to reliably reproduce the problem (ie. open the file, select these specific notes, copy, seek to a specific beat marker and perform paste).
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 pm

*Added a "GHL conversion swaps B/W gems" preference that will affect conversion of GHL-mode notes to non-GHL notes (when toggling GHL mode or copying/pasting between tracks) by causing lanes 1-3 to map to the black GHL gems (instead of the white gems), lanes 4-5 to map to white GHL gems (instead of black gems) and a lower 5 lane chord to map to the white 3 GHL gem (instead of the black 3 gem).
*Fixed a minor bug with the rubberband benchmark function where the completion percentage wouldn't correctly restart from 0% when used multiple times in an EOF session.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I've been using EOF to make Rock Band customs for the past few months and had a question regarding anchors. Is there a way to have the notes move with the rest of the chart when using SHIFT+A ? When I do that, the beat itself moves where I want it but the notes do not
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:11 pm

By design, holding SHIFT when you click and drag a beat marker performs the opposite of the configured auto-adjust behavior (ie. if you enabled that preference, SHIFT+dragging a beat would prevent the notes from being moved during that operation). To get your desired behavior, just don't hold SHIFT.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Sometimes, clicking on notes will highlight others, which I don't notice until I do something with the one note.

This wasn't an issue before when I had RC10...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:23 pm

raynebc wrote:By design, holding SHIFT when you click and drag a beat marker performs the opposite of the configured auto-adjust behavior (ie. if you enabled that preference, SHIFT+dragging a beat would prevent the notes from being moved during that operation). To get your desired behavior, just don't hold SHIFT.

No, I mean when I hit SHIFT+A then a text box comes up with a time in it and I can change that time to adjust where that beat marker is. But when I do this the notes do not move with the beat marker. Is there a way to change it so the notes do move?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:50 pm

I see. That function doesn't perform auto-adjust, but I can look into updating it to do so. In the mean time, you may want to use click and drag methods to beat map instead. I'd think this is usually more effective since it's easier to line up with the waveform graph this way instead of manually defining beat timestamps. If you prefer a non mouse based way to make very slight adjustments to beat positions, you can use the +/- keyboard functions as described by Help>Keys:
Increase/decrease the tempo of the beat (if Feedback input method is in use) or anchor (if any other input method is in use) immediately at or before the current seek position by 1BPM. Hold Shift to adjust in .1BPM increments. Hold both Ctrl and Shift to adjust in .01BPM increments.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:11 am

*Fixed a crash that could occur in "Beat>Anchor beat" when modifying the last beat in a project.
*Improved the "Anchor beat" function to offer to perform auto-adjust logic on the affected beats.
PPD Main Charter
The---Way

Postby The---Way » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:30 am

Do you think we could get an update to EoF's manual, just to mention all the new added features and changes?
The manual is kinda outdated.
My Project Pipe Dream: GHtoFB Thread
I would appreciate the feedback!

Thanks to Epiceh123 (or Epickay123) for the sig!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:47 am

It'll probably be when I get around to making another "release candidate". Skipping the bug fixes, here are the non pro guitar specific enhancements since RC12:

Spoiler:*Improved MIDI export to have special timing conversion logic for grid snapped items that should ensure the MIDI timings are properly quantized.
*Changed "Track>Set difficulty" to have a submenu for easier access to set a difficulty level of 0 through 6 or undefined. The secondary difficulty levels (pro drums and harmony) are set simultaneously if the 0 through 6 functions are used, but they can be set to a different value than the track's normal difficulty by selecting "Manually set" which brings up the original dialog function.
*Updated the waveform graph settings to be remembered when EOF exits.
*Added a "Song>Second Piano Roll>Compare" function that compares the notes of the track difficulties that are active in the two piano rolls (as long as both piano rolls display tracks of the same format), highlighting and reporting the number of differences found. For pro guitar tracks, both the normal and tech note sets are compared, and features checked include strings used, fingering, fret numbers and applied statuses. Note lengths and items that are not notes (ie. phrases, FHPs, etc.) are not checked for equivalence. "One way compare" will only compare the secondary piano roll against the primary piano roll and not count notes at unique timestamps in the primary piano roll as differences. When tech notes are compared, if the technique applied is timing specific (stop or bend), the comparison checks to ensure both piano rolls apply that technique at the same timstamp on the same strings. Otherwise, as long as the comparable gems in one piano roll has the applicable statuses that are applied by tech note in the other piano roll, it's not considered to be different regardless of how the first piano roll's note has the statuses applied (either to the base note or by tech note anywhere on the note's tail). Tech notes in different piano rolls that don't apply to normal notes are considered a match if they are at matching timestamps and apply the same statuses to the same strings.
*Added the "H" menu hotkey to "Track>Erase highlighting".
*Added a "Track>Repair grid snap" function that will move notes that are out of grid snap to the nearest grid snap of any size as long as the move is within a specified number of milliseconds. Before any alterations are made, the function will report by how many milliseconds the active track's most out of grid snap note is, allowing a way to judge note sync. This millisecond value is the number that would allow the function to repair the grid snap of all notes in the track. If the "Auto-adjust tech notes" preference is enabled, affected tech notes are automatically moved the same distance as the normal notes that are resnapped. The number of notes and tech notes that are moved is reported afterward. This will make it easy to correct the position of notes that are a couple milliseconds out of grid snap without having to worry what grid snap size is appropriate to use with the normal Note>Resnap function. It is also ideal for correcting rounding errors where notes can import 1 millisecond out of sync during MIDI timing based file imports (MIDI, Feedback).
*Added functions to clone a track's content (including track-specific events such as RS sections and phrases) to a clipboard file that can be pasted into another track, another project or another EOF instance. These and the menu to clone from another track in the same project have been moved to a "Track>Clone" menu.
*Improved the "All events" dialog so that the "This track's events" option is selectable independently from the other filters.
*Improved the "All events" dialog so that the event closest to being at or before the current seek position is automatically selected in the list.
*Added logic to save FFTW "wisdom" to file and re-load when EOF launches. This will remove the delay that would occur the first time that time stretch audio playback is started in each EOF session.
*Added a benchmark utility has been added to the "Edit>Playback rate" menu to measure time stretch playback performance. The rubberband library was rebuilt for the Windows build with link time optimization. Preliminary testing suggests time stretch playback performs 50% faster than before on my computer and should lag significantly less for most users.
*Greatly improved support for extended ASCII characters. Missing extended ASCII glyphs have been added to EOF's font. Extended ASCII in Windows-1252 encoded lyric files can be imported, and will be internally converted to and stored as Unicode so that it can be correctly displayed and edited within EOF. If the "Allow RS2 extended ASCII lyrics" export preference is enabled during save, the Rocksmith 2 lyric file will include known-compatible extended ASCII characters written in UTF-8 format (which should work in the RS toolkit) and an additional "RS2_EXT.xml" lyric file (from which EOF can import extended ASCII lyrics) is written in Windows-1252 encoding.
*Fixed a bug with the project save logic (also affects undo/redo states) that prevented supplemental precision beat timing data from being written in a usable way. Beat timings are now stored in the project to a precision of over 10 decimal places. This should reduce the number of notes that lose sync during certain beatmap alterations.
*Improved beat click and drag logic to immediately update the note and tab highlighting if any notes lost grid snap.
*Fixed bugs with the click and drag logic that (under specific timing circumstances) could cause beats to become desynced from notes by 1ms after the notes are auto-adjusted.
*Updated guitar tap and strum input modes to allow for a sixth fret button to be defined, for use in pro guitar and GHL mode tracks.
*Added the ability to author Guitar Hero Live style tracks, for use with Clone Hero. To use this style of authoring for one of the traditional 5 lane guitar/bass tracks, enable the "Enable GHL mode" function from the Track menu. When this mode is in effect, the 3 lowest lanes are used to author white notes, the 3 highest lanes are used to author black notes and the middle mouse button can be used to place open notes. In Rex Mundi input mode, the number 7 can also be used to author open notes. Alternatively, the "Note>Convert GHL open" function can be used to change selected notes into open notes if GHL mode is enabled for the active track. EOF will keep the chart as intact as it can when enabling/disabling GHL mode on a track that already has notes in it (or when copy/pasting notes between GHL and non-GHL tracks), but since GHL mode has six lanes IN ADDITION to an open note, lane 3 black notes are converted to 5 lane chords when a GHL track is converted to non-GHL format. This is so open notes can remain authored as open notes, but chords containing lane 3 black notes won't survive the conversion and EOF will warn about this and highlight affected notes. The 3D representation of GHL tracks has three lanes, each of which can have one white gem and/or a black gem. If a lane has both gems, it is considered a "barre" chord (in that the player would hold two buttons down with one finger to play it) and EOF displays this as a black and white rectangle instead of a black or white triangle. The clipboard format has changed, make sure to perform another copy operation before performing a paste or the paste will malfunction.
*Added a "GHL conversion swaps B/W gems" preference that will affect conversion of GHL-mode notes to non-GHL notes (when toggling GHL mode or copying/pasting between tracks) by causing lanes 1-3 to map to the black GHL gems (instead of the white gems), lanes 4-5 to map to white GHL gems (instead of black gems) and a lower 5 lane chord to map to the white 3 GHL gem (instead of the black 3 gem).
*Improved the "Anchor beat" function to offer to perform auto-adjust logic on the affected beats.

Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 am

I'm actually curious as to why the ebony and ivory lanes are where they are in the editor; shouldn't they be swapped?
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”