EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Who's really the GH?
Velociraptorc77

Re: EOF 1.8b16 - Now with five lane drum support

Postby Velociraptorc77 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Im making my notes using feedback. I never put bpm over 300 so this way I can put my customs on rock band 3. But when i save my chart, convert it to a mid, and open it in eof, I have random really high bpm. But the notes don't make a diference. In feed back, the bpm is normal. My help?
Who's really the GH?
Velociraptorc77

Postby Velociraptorc77 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I loaded the .chart file, and it does lose sync. I tried looking at the MIDI, but it's really messed up (ie. none of the tracks are named) so I couldn't.

-- Edit: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:26 pm --

raynebc wrote:I checked out the custom pro guitar upgrade for "Have a Nice Day", and the arpeggio phrases aren't being used in the way that they're meant for (they should be used for broken chords, not chord changes).

Looks like I may have spoken too soon. I've noticed that "The Power of Love" has chords within an arpeggio phrase, so it seems that it's not unprecedented. Examining, the chart's original MIDI, it looks like Harmonix intentionally used "no name" root notes (note 17) to prevent the additional chord names (C5, A#5, C5) from showing up in-game. For now, it looks like that's what you'll want to do with your chart by editing the name of such chords so that they have a space character as their name.
Who's really the GH?
Velociraptorc77

Postby Velociraptorc77 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Did you lode it in feedback? You notice theres nothing wrong with the chart file (yes I notice the notes do go off. I will fixed those notes). Your probably going to tell me that I should use EOF to my my notes, but feedback seems easier to make. I can not place an accurate note at all. Its always off
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:31 pm

As I mentioned, the chart file loads but is out of sync. The MIDI is pretty much unusable. If you wanted, you could author in Feedback, import into EOF to clean up the chart as necessary and just save a working MIDI file that Magma will accept.
Who's really the GH?
Velociraptorc77

Postby Velociraptorc77 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I would but when I save in EOF it saves the high bpm along with it. Magma just gives my an error for it.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 am

i think eof could produce superior beat maps if we could have spectrograms instead of waveforms.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:41 am

If you can link me to some good documentation describing what they are and how to create them, then it would help. It took a lot of research, trial and error getting the waveform working, and I'm still in the middle of a long list of changes to make to improve the existing functionality of EOF.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:30 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrogram
the brilliant thing about the spectrogram for applications such as eof is that is displays pitch and velocity as well as time.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help ... gram_core/
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 am

Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b17 - Now with 22 fret pro guitar track support

Postby raynebc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:04 am

It's time for another beta. Changes since 1.8b16:
*Corrected the measure numbering logic and raised the measure numbers up to prevent them from being hidden behind gems in the top most lane.
*Fixed a bug where the difficulty populated indicator (*) wasn't cleared when appropriate for notes in the dance track.
*Added logic so that the configured options in Song>Audio Cues are stored in EOF's configuration file and re-applied when EOF is launched.
*Added support for the 22 fret pro guitar and bass tracks. For now, the 17 and 22 fret versions of either pro instrument will share the same tuning INI tag, but the project will allow you to define different tunings for each. The new tracks use the diff_guitar_real_22 and diff_bass_real_22 difficulty tags in song.ini.
*Fixed a bug where EOF could crash on a failed Feedback import (ie. if the file name had special characters in it).
*Added some more logging for when input/output files fail to open for reading/writing.
*Added shortcut keys for the buttons in the Beat>Events and Beat>All Events dialogs. The Enter and Escape keys close the dialog menus.
*Changed the fret hand position modifiers to write a position of 1 instead of 0, since playing strings open is allowed regardless of the fret hand position marker, and moved these options to chart properties, since they are chart specific tweaks.
*Added the option (Preferences>Erase overlapped pasted notes) to delete notes that would be overlapped during a paste operation, similar to the behavior of the Feedback editor.

I'll be out of town most of next week, so if somebody needs to revert to the previous beta, here it is. I still need to work on the new pasted note merge logic, but the Feedback style of paste (existing notes that are within the range of the first and last pasted notes are deleted) should be working.
the_spike

Re: EOF 1.8b17 - Now with 22 fret pro guitar track support

Postby the_spike » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm getting a nasty error that ruins all of my marked HOPOs and Pro Drums. I'm converting a chart to .con and after I finished everything in Reaper I put it through Magma for it to tell me that my notes were 2.38 into the song and it needs 2.45. So I open with EOF and do Leading Silence and the other thing to set the beat to 0 or whatever and I save. But now in Magma it gives me a trillion errors, I looked in Reaper at the .mid from EOF and it looks like EOF destroyed my tom markers and HOPOs, all of them are doubled up. Is there a reason or fix for this?

Think I got it to work anyway by making a separate mid without Pro markers and Hopos to put through EOF to get the Leading Silence and then just copied and pasted the markers back on from the other version in Reaper afterwards. Odd that EOF would glitch like that when it hasn't really before.
Youtube Channel
Last.fm
My Customs (154 Charts and Counting)
Latest Charts: Funeral for a Friend, Deftones, Chevelle, Foster the People, Bloodhound Gang
Rock Band 3 Xbox 360 Customs! No console modding needed!

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”