EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
gunder

Re: EOF 1.8b16 - Now with five lane drum support

Postby gunder » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:00 am

thx to bigjoe, i've finally also reached this topic. since i don't want to read all 24 pages, i'm lazy and paste my (hopefully not yet posted) suggestion:

gunder wrote:having many green notes on higher BPMs and smaller zoom levels can cause the notes to cover the measure numbers:

Okay I can still look in the bottom window, but im used to look straight up there, but this time its impossible to read. Placing them a bit higher would spare a lot troubles ;)

Regarding "Clap Notes"..Would be cool if you could select more than one color to be clapped. like setting checks in front of two or more colors. Dunno if that would make much work, but it can be handy in some phrases. :thumbup:

Edit: Or even make different claps for each color, haha. like the sounds avalable for percussion in the "audio cues" menu. Btw, the volumes you set up there, remain only until you close EOF. Would be cool if the settings could be saved somewhere so that you dont need to turn it down each "session".

*egosearch*
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:25 pm

I've updated the measure number rendering to raise them enough to not be obscured by notes in the top-most lane (although higher display window sizes still can cause it to be covered up). I also made it so EOF will store the options you select in Audio Cues (volume levels and vocal percussion sound) in the config file and re-load those settings when you open EOF. As for the other cue options, they're something I've been wanting for a while, and are perfectly do-able, but it may take a while to get them implemented.
Bigjoe5

Postby Bigjoe5 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, I'm about ready to post a Thunderstruck pro upgrade - only problem is it goes above fret 17, so mustang-users won't be able to play it. Any plans for supporting "PART_REAL_GUITAR_22" any time soon?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 pm

I'll try to get the 22 fret pro guitar and bass tracks working for the next beta, but until then, it may be easiest for you to save as to make a second chart with the 22 fret versions. Then you could just manually combine MIDI tracks.
Bigjoe5

Postby Bigjoe5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Oh, probably, but in the end I think it will be more time-effective for me to just work on new songs now and throw together the 17-fret version later when the next beta is out.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:38 am

i have a feature request. some kind of clock that measures how long it's taken you to chart the song you're charting.
i just spent 3 hours on 1 minute, and i estimate that the beatmap took atleast 6 hours (12 minute song) so i'd be very interested in how much the total time would be for future charts.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 am

Something along the lines of a timer that runs for however long you have the chart open in EOF, and when you save the chart, the duration is saved to the project file? I could probably make something like this so that you could check the editing time in Song>File Info, but having a timer that visibly updates in real time would be more trouble than it's worth. Does that sound close enough to what you're looking for?
Predator

Postby Predator » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I would also like a small request.

When you are using 5-lane drum mode, the fifth lane that gets added should be positioned between the purple and the blue, not furthest to the right, because that's how it is in Phase Shift. The green tom is the rightmost and the cymbal is right left to it.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 pm

raynebc wrote:Something along the lines of a timer that runs for however long you have the chart open in EOF, and when you save the chart, the duration is saved to the project file? I could probably make something like this so that you could check the editing time in Song>File Info, but having a timer that visibly updates in real time would be more trouble than it's worth. Does that sound close enough to what you're looking for?

That's exactly what i'm looking for C:
visible timer would be nice but obviously not necessary, but maybe different timers for different instruments so you could see which instrument you spent the most time on etc if you had the time.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:24 am

I was thinking about a feature to add more buttons on the main screen of EOF to quicken the charting process. Similar to a toolbar on a paint program.

1. A new option "View" for the top bar. This would include options to choose to view each toolbar or not. (Perhaps some of the preferences can be moved here as well instead of in "preferences"?)
Under "View"
--> Toolbars
---->"File" Toolbar
---->Editing Toolbar
---->Song Toolbar
---->Note Toolbar
---->Beat Toolbar

2, 3, 4, 5 etc: These obviously aren't the exact amount of numbers required, but are just an example of how the toolbars would be organized. (I believe organizing the toolbars like this will be the easiest/best way for the toolbars, but perhaps maybe it would be easier to just have one toolbar that has all options rather than separating them?)

So basically, the 2, 3, 4 etc will be icons. Let's say 2, 3 and 4 make up the "File" Toolbar. Each icon would have a different function. 2 would be "New Chart", 3 would be "load chart" and 4 would be "Save Chart", just like every paint or other editing program you've ever seen before. Obviously, there are more functions than that under the "file" tab as the example is only a representation of an idea. (Personally, I think the rest of the options found in the file tab don't need icons, except for "link to FoF" and "link to Phase Shift"). The toolbars won't offer new options, they will just be shortcuts for options found in the tabs and will save charters a few (hundred dozen) clicks.
If we understand that toolbar correctly, then I can speak on general terms for the other toolbars.

My recommendation for the "File Toolbar"
New, Load, Save, Link to FOF, Link to Phase Shift

"Editing Toolbar"
Undo, Redo, Grid Snap, Zoom, Preview Speed, Playback Rate, Metronome, Claps, Bookmark

"Song Toolbar"
Icons for each track (that would be 10 icons), Test in FOF, Test in Phase Shift

"Note Toolbar" (this one I believe would be the most important for easiness)
Toggle for each lane, Mark Solo, Mark Starpower, (and perhaps a separate toolbar for drum specific features): Mark Special Drum Roll, Mark Drum Roll, Icons for each option under "Drum"

"Beat Toolbar"
Push Offset Back, Push Offset Forward, Toggle Anchor, Reset BPM, Calculate BPM

I checked through each tab quickly, so more/less options may be important for each toolbar.

This will require a lot of icons to be made, and I am more than willing to do that. I can have a set of icons ready for these options in the next two weeks if needed.

Thanks

PS - Can we please have an "anchor notes" feature? What I mean is, can we disable selections/notes to be moved by the mouse? I just want to select the notes, not drag/move them at all. Would it be possible to add a feature that disables the mouse from moving the notes, even if you attempt to click and drag?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 am

The proposed toolbar system is more elaborate than what I'd like to dive into for the 1.8 release, I still need to get the new stuff fully completed and stable before I tackle anything very exotic. Locking the notes was something I was interested in doing before, so I'll see if I can work in something like that in the near future.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 pm

raynebc wrote:The proposed toolbar system is more elaborate than what I'd like to dive into for the 1.8 release, I still need to get the new stuff fully completed and stable before I tackle anything very exotic. Locking the notes was something I was interested in doing before, so I'll see if I can work in something like that in the near future.

Yeah, I thought the toolbar suggestion would probably be a little much for a 1.8 release as it might be something of a bigger feature. I'll be sure to remind you later after the stable 1.8 has been around for a while :wink:

Would appreciate a lock notes function, thanks for your consideration!
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

drihscol

Postby drihscol » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 pm

i have an idea for an incredibly time saving tool, note fill, where you select an amount of time, and choose to fill 1/4 notes or 1/16 notes etc.

I'm going to stop spamming ideas now.

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam